Lindsay Thomas dropped

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet he's dropped by the team in 12th place

How can he be one of the best half dozen small forwards in the league right now, if he's not even good enough to hold his spot in your side?

I remember Stephen Milne getting dropped in late 2000's (maybe 2008). He is comfortably the best small forward since 2000. Form happens. Small forwards are easier to make an example of than talls.

I remember Stephen Milne getting dropped in late 2000's (maybe 2008). He is comfortably the best small forward since 2000. Form happens. Small forwards are easier to make an example of than talls.

That wasn't what he said though, he said he currently is

Not only is his current form shit, other posters have shown there is a conga line a small forwards pushing for the "best half dozen" tag long before Thomas gets a look in

What's next, nahas?

How can he be one of the best half dozen small forwards in the league right now, if he's not even good enough to hold his spot in your side?

"North Melbourne are a top four side." - David King, 'AFL 360', Fox Footy Channel, 08/07/2015.

"North Melbourne are a top four side." - David King, 'AFL 360', Fox Footy Channel, 08/07/2015.

I still remember north posters were insulted by anyone not including them in the top four predictions preseason, and now they deny everything

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dropped or he fell forward giving the impression he was dropped….

His legacy, whatever that will be, is marred by this now…

too bad as he had more skills than that..

GO Catters

Needs a run i the twos to get his confidence up. Still easily in the best half dozen small forwards in the game
Lost it. Bit of wishful thinking there buddy, he'd be lucky to make the top 2 dozen small forwards in the game. Off the top of my head, Betts, Elliot, Walters, Ballantyne, Breust, Rioli, Harvey, Wingard, Zorko, LeCras, Cripps, Dahlhaus. Aside from kicking the odd goal he doesn't do a whole lot else, and half of his goals come from staged free kicks anyway, which is why his "form" has been down.

Good on North for making this call. His influence on games in the past few weeks has been non-existent since the umpires have shut him out of getting frees from staging.
Has nothing to do with frees, his form and tackling are way down.

dropped or he fell forward giving the impression he was dropped….

His legacy, whatever that will be, is marred by this now…

too bad as he had more skills than that..

GO Catters
Sadly the media has torn his character to shreds.

Has he been dropped before?

Yep, in 2012 at the height of his "yips".

Only played one game in the VFL, kicked 6.2, came straight back in, hasn't looked back...until now.

BTW methinks those who draw a connection between his loss of form and the rule change are ignoring that his kicking for goal has been getting steadily worse all season. 22.13 for the season doesn't look bad but when you look closer, it is padded by Joe the goose goals and the number of times he hasn't made the distance or kicked OOF with shots on goal he has been nailing in recent years.

I daresay his form is far more connected to that than the rule change.

Who is that North supporter that claims Thomas is holding the team back every time they lose a winnable game?

Says he runs into the space the taller guys should be using etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back