News Lions Board Spill - update: Board Dispute Resolved

Remove this Banner Ad

What an outstanding line-up. To have Lynchy so publicly back the Fresh Start ticket, and the calibre of that group must surely tell AJ his time is up.

Congrats Hammo on an outstanding article - very much points the gun in a manner that the AFL & Lions can not ignore. What are the chances of a police investigation, as some very serious concerns are raised in a credible manner.

Or can Lisa Newman convince her husband that AJ, Milner & Pinkster are bikies.:D

Rob hazel just tweeted - 'A lot of suites, not many on the other side of the camera though'

Can we please get these Guys hooked up with a PR team please! I understand media is not interested in AFL in QLD but surely they could get a few media outlets down there, I hope they do a Melburne presser too!

No Melbourne members want a bar of Williams/Power. Stay away would be my advice.

No word from Lynchy as to nominating is there?

I think he's there to show support for the Power/Williams/Matthews/Thornton/Smith ticket.

No word from Lynchy as to nominating is there?

I think he's there to show support for the Power/Williams/Matthews/Thornton/Smith ticket.

That's my read of it too.

Although Williams has stated previously that there are people who may want to join the board if the Fresh Start team are elected. Lynchy may be one of those (e.g. Lynch may now be happy to serve on the board but doesn't want to be too involved with the electioning process we are seeing here).

Although Williams has stated previously that there are people who may want to join the board if the Fresh Start team are elected. Lynchy may be one of those (e.g. Lynch may now be happy to serve on the board but doesn't want to be too involved with the electioning process we are seeing here).

Oh I thought Lynchy was running for the board. He'd be an excellent addition. Much more credible than Williams/Power.

Williams won't be on the board though after he's removed at the EGM or dumped at the AGM.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Except the Melbourne members who, you know, do.

Well from the likes, that you, me and Danny3.

Only 2700 or more Melbourne based Lions to go. I wonder who they'll be putting their trust in. Lethal Leigh, his team and his word, or ....?

Well from the likes, that you, me and Danny3.

Only 2700 or more Melbourne based Lions to go. I wonder who they'll be putting their trust in. Lethal Leigh, his team and his word, or ....?

It's a good voting system though, you don't have to vote for Powers/Williams if you want to vote for Lethal. We can have Leigh Matthews without those two.

The Club hasn't sent the resolutions yet. So why in the world would you hand over your proxy to anyone now?
And unless your were acting in an underhanded manner, why would you ask people for them now?

It's a good voting system though, you don't have to vote for Powers/Williams if you want to vote for Lethal. We can have Leigh Matthews without those two.

You are such a god damn clown.

Just for the avoidance of doubt, for those who haven't read it yet - Leigh Matthews has stated that if his team doesn't get in, in full, then he'll walk away. He's stated that publicly a number of times.

So in case anyone tries to convince you that we can have Lethal but not the rest of his team, and you haven't read every public commment from Lethal over the last week or so, um, like, you know, its team Fresh Start or no Lethal. Cos Leigh said so. And he's kind of a man of his word.

It's high time Mick Power and Paul Williams stopped using Leigh Matthews as a human shield to defend their indefensible role in axing Vossy. They cannot survive.
It has become very clear that you Mr Pinskier are a self indulgent glory seeking deflection tool for Angus Johnson and don't really have a purpose other than to segment the Victorian supporter base and pull at their emotions to fragment the voting power they hold.
This EGM has nothing to do with Vossy and whether he should or shouldn't have been reinstated or whether it was carried out poorly. This is about the future of our club and about opportunity to bring football intelligence and insight back to the forefront of our board and purpose. Leigh and the Fresh Start team are crucial for not only reality but public perception and confidence to bring pride back to the Lions. All Victorian and Brisbane members are implored to not be side swiped now and stay the course for change and instate Leigh and the Fresh Start team with their proxies and votes at the EGM. Do not be swayed by the emotional pull of the Fitzroy heart strings that Pinskier is using as a ploy.

You understand that if elected, Matthews can quit at any point. Say, if Power, Williams, Thornton and Smith aren't elected yeah?

You understand that if elected, Matthews can quit at any point. Say, if Power, Williams, Thornton and Smith aren't elected yeah?

Nah mate, Leigh is clearly a liar. Even though he's said a number of times publicly that he'd walk if his entire team doesn't get in, clearly he'd stick around and enjoy the fun of a Johnson/Milner/Nash Board..... c'mon, you don't take Leigh for his word do you? Every Lions fan knows that Leigh is a liar and not a man of his word - lift your bloody game....

:rolleyes:

Nah mate, Leigh is clearly a liar. Even though he's said a number of times publicly that he'd walk if his entire team doesn't get in, clearly he'd stick around and enjoy the fun of a Johnson/Milner/Nash Board..... c'mon, you don't take Leigh for his word do you? Every Lions fan knows that Leigh is a liar and not a man of his word - lift your bloody game....

:rolleyes:
Oh yeah. I forgot that Leigh hasn't got integrity as he has questionably obtained private information, refused to answer simple questions, tried to implicate innocent parties...no wait.

No Melbourne members want a bar of Williams/Power. Stay away would be my advice.

There are plenty of Lions Victorian members that have so far indicated the opposite in this thread alone. I for one have two proxies that will be going to Lethal/Williams/Power and not you. Don't act as if you represent the Victorian Lions membership base. You don't.

The Club hasn't sent the resolutions yet. So why in the world would you hand over your proxy to anyone now?
And unless your were acting in an underhanded manner, why would you ask people for them now?

Very good point - it is ridiculous isn't it. We don't even know the wording of the resolutions yet Cameron Milner's mate is already spamming people for proxies.

Leigh Matthews and his running mates produced a show of strength today when a host of former board members, moneymen and triple premiership hero Alastair Lynch all declared their support for the Fresh Start ticket.
Former chairmen Graeme Downie and Tony Kelly, ex-board members David Liddy and Len Poulter and the long serving No.1 ticket holder John Pearce - who has been the most significant financial contributor in the club-s history - are all behind the Matthews challenge. Matthews has joined directors Mick Power and Paul Williams in a challenge for control of Brisbane's board.

It will be decided by an EGM next month. The player of the century and four-time premiership winning coach is ineligible to run because of a loophole employed by club lawyers that questioned the status of life members.

However he can be elevated to the board as a special skills appointee. But the triple premiership Lions coach said he would only serve alongside Williams and Power and urged Victorian members to nominate Williams as their proxy for the November 13 EGM.

"If you want me on the board you vote for these guys, if they are not successful I'll walk," he said. Williams said he was compelled to challenge incumbent Angus Johnson because he feared the club was heading to ruin under his chairmanship.

"We care, we really care," Williams said. "It is a critical time for the club."

Get behind him folks!

Remove this Banner Ad

News Lions Board Spill - update: Board Dispute Resolved

Remove this Banner Ad

Back