LIONS ONLY POLL - Replacing the logo on our home jumper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello all,

There are only a few moments in being with a football club is when all club members and supporters must....come together you can say. When I heard the news of the logo I was unhappy about the change to the logo that has brought much success to the Lions. Now with this news of a impending change to the jumper this is a step too far. I have discussed this to my own group of Lions supporters and they are against any changes to the Brisbane Lions home jumper.

I will personally support any moves on stopping this issue from becoming reality, in terms of promoting the saveourjumper.com.au site, Facebook groups, or discussions on web sites about this. The Gold Lion of Fitzroy must be protected and this is the incorrect and most damaging move that the club can make when the Gold Coast is coming into the AFL.

Surely the club that bears the iconic Fitzroy Lion would not so scared of a Lifesaver mascot that the decision is to replace it by a paddle pop lion? I won't stand with this and many others won't too. It's time to get into some action and get the word out.

Just wondering. Do we know if the views expressed on Big Footy are indicative of the views expressed across our membership base. Not everybody is a member of, or accesses Big Footy.

If the answer is yes, then the poll speaks for us clearly.

Just wondering. Do we know if the views expressed on Big Footy are indicative of the views expressed across our membership base. Not everybody is a member of, or accesses Big Footy.

Have been in touch with a number of members I know who don't access Bigfooty. Feeling on the new logo is mixed. Some are okay with it, some hate it. Feeling on the issue of it being used on our jumper is wholeheartedly negative. Nobody I've spoken to wants to see that thing running around the Gabba next season.

There are only a few moments in being with a football club is when all club members and supporters must....come together you can say.

I just cannot believe how this board can make these changes, without properly consulting their members. I would like to find out from the board who they did canvass about the logo.

It is mind boggling to think that an AFL board could be so out of touch with it's membership database.

Yes you are right LM. This is one example where we need to stand up & be counted.

Im apart of the Melbourne base Lions 'Grog Squad' and we are all against it... that makes 24 of us... 4 of us are on BF

Have been in touch with a number of members I know who don't access Bigfooty. Feeling on the new logo is mixed. Some are okay with it, some hate it. Feeling on the issue of it being used on our jumper is wholeheartedly negative. Nobody I've spoken to wants to see that thing running around the Gabba next season.

The thing that concerns me is that terrible white uniform got onto the Gabba. So the board obviously didn't consult with their members about that. We certainly made our feelings known after the event & it is history now.

Do we have to put up with this terrible logo for a year or so until we're listened to again ?

We just have to stop this crap here & now.

I might get my head kicked in but I do run a Lions site of my own and there's some massive backlash about the jumper. One member won't believe it until she sees it which to me is like "Let's not worry about the traffic until we get hit first". I'm normally a quiet and happy go lucky type of supporter. I don't jump up and down all the time and like to watch the team and view the boys for the pure enjoyment. However removing this gold lions breaks the rules and the very tie of the Bears and the Lions.

As supporters of today we have to do what others would have done 20 years ago, 50 years, and 100 years ago, and that is by protecting what this club stands for and that is when you see our boys go out to play each week we want that Fitzroy Gold Lion on their chest and their heart.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I missed that, too, was only able to tune in from 9am. Nothing since then, KB keeps just taking calls on Bart Cummings, and now just said that after the break he wants to talk about Hawthorn ffs...

I emailed Bowers with my thoughts, got a reply, perfunctory though it was -

Cameron

Thanks for the email. We will be in touch.

Thanks

The club constitution is on the Lions website but legal documents completely do my head in. If someone can look into this, it would be great.

It takes 5% of the members with voting rights to force a General Meeting (5.2) but it can take up to 2 months for the meeting to be held and the board prescribes an amount that must be paid by the applying members to cover the costs of running the meeting.

75% of voting members at the meeting are needed for a special resolution to be passed (6.6)A high number there IMO but 7.3 allows proxy votes though.

9.11 gets interesting though. Basically it allows for full members(with over 2 years consecutive membership) to be nominated to the board if nominated and seconded by other members and the nomination is submitted to the CEO by November 1.

And that is all I can be buggered reading...

Was that you on "rumour file" this morning?..I was able to listen..

Well done + well put across, to whoever it was:thumbsu:

The person had the mystery name of "Not Lion".

If they had a deep voice and were extremely intelligent and handsome then it may have been me! ;)

The person had the mystery name of "Not Lion".

If they had a deep voice and were extremely intelligent and handsome then it may have been me! ;)

:thumbsu: Good on you Stocka! I missed it, but your posts on this issue have been quality and I appreciate the way you have managed to express my sentiments and no doubt, those of many supporters.

Go Lions!

:thumbsu: Good on you Stocka! I missed it, but your posts on this issue have been quality and I appreciate the way you have managed to express my sentiments and no doubt, those of many supporters.

Go Lions!

I'm hoping that Ross and John (3AW's morning slot - highest rating in Melbourne) follow up the rumour and get Dyson Hore-Lacy on the show. They occasionally have him on to talk about various legal matters. Often with decent rumours, they will follow them up over the next few days/weeks. Ross and John would be the sort of presenters who might take an interest in this particular issue, especially being friends/acquaintances of DHL.

Hopefully a bit of media exposure was given to www.saveourjumper.com.au/ as well.

For the fact that KB did not mention anything, other than Danielle's call, I'm starting to wonder just WHY the Melb. media are not picking up on this..

Is it possible that this IS AFL driven and the media have been told to hold off talking about it for whatever reason, perhaps some AFL sponsored deal across the board?...Dunno, but it starting to seem strange to me!

When I think of the Hawk fans bombarding SEN with calls and then all the talk about them trading Brown, you would think there would be some sort of response to a possible breach of the merger agreement FGS!!.......Nothing!!...again, WHY NOT?:confused:

Something is crook in Tullarook me thinks!!..

For the fact that KB did not mention anything, other than Danielle's call, I'm starting to wonder just WHY the Melb. media are not picking up on this..

Is it possible that this IS AFL driven and the media have been told to hold off talking about it for whatever reason, perhaps some AFL sponsored deal across the board?...Dunno, but it starting to seem strange to me!

When I think of the Hawk fans bombarding SEN with calls and then all the talk about them trading Brown, you would think there would be some sort of response to a possible breach of the merger agreement!..Nothing!!...again, WHY NOT?:confused:

Something is crook in Tullarook me thinks!!..

Probably more the fact that they simply don't give much of a shit about us.

Remove this Banner Ad

LIONS ONLY POLL - Replacing the logo on our home jumper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back