Lions vs Cats vs Hawks - Which dynasty is the best?

Best dynasty???

• Cats

Votes: 234 21.2%
  • Hawks

Votes: 524 47.5%
  • Lions

Votes: 344 31.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

3-3-3

You missed your chance to inc a 4th by being mediocre and missing finals.

Peace out.

Ha ha ha ha.

Sure, they'll work on a count back system, and forget the number of flags, in favour of seasons where the team was really, really good, but just didn't win.

Forget cups, we made the finals damn it!

Ha ha ha ha.

Nope. Try again.

I might try and find reference for you later just to make you feel
Better. :thumbsu:

2 points....Your going about this entirely the wrong way....Stick to the topic & your point by using the facts at hand.

Also....Your constant stooping to Non sequitur & ad hominen isn't doing either you or your arguments any favors!

We all know the Cats had the superior H&A record between 07-11 @ 84%, as compared to the Hawks 80% between 11-15....Also 28-30 AA's as compared to a measly & miserly 13. (Cheers Gerard)!

However, all 3 teams enjoy an almost identical finals record over a 5 year reign (Lets subStitute 1999 for 2000 for Brizzy to keep em in the picture). Including 4 GF's & 3 Flags.

You need to show how your extra 6 wins in the H&A season, somehow overrides the fact you weren't able to go back to back, much less win 3 in a row.

Is 6 extra wins enough to put the Cats in the picture, where both of the Hawks & Lions were able to do the trifecta?....

Quite clearly, the poll is saying NO!....In spite of all your Gerard Healy fan-dom goo-fest to the contrary!:cry:

2 points....Your going about this entirely the wrong way....Stick to the topic & your point by using the facts at hand.

Also....Your constant stooping to Non sequitur & ad hominen isn't doing either you or your arguments any favors!

We all know the Cats had the superior H&A record between 07-11 @ 84%, as compared to the Hawks 80% between 11-15....Also 28-30 AA's as compared to a measly & miserly 13. (Cheers Gerard)!

However, all 3 teams enjoy an almost identical finals record over a 5 year reign (Lets subStitute 1999 for 2000 for Brizzy to keep em in the picture). Including 4 GF's & 3 Flags.

You need to show how your extra 6 wins in the H&A season, somehow overrides the fact you weren't able to go back to back, much less win 3 in a row.

Is 6 extra wins enough to put the Cats in the picture, where both of the Hawks & Lions were able to do the trifecta?....

Quite clearly, the poll is saying NO!....In spite of all your Gerard Healy fan-dom goo-fest to the contrary!:cry:

Why did the worst Hawthorn premiership side in history defeat the greatest Geelong side of all in when it ultimately mattered most?

So then it's quite obvious I wasn't trying to pretend it was my own.

It was a throw away line a few paragraphs in. It's the sort of thing that is less likely to be noticed than the actual contentions of the writer. It's not hard to place the appropriate link to the article that you are quoting verbatim, however you chose not to. You also stated in a subsequent post that there was a lot more that you could have put in, but didn't.

Perhaps your intentions were innocent, however when you are trading upon another person's ideas with no contribution of your own, the ethical thing to do is assign credit correctly.

Why did the worst Hawthorn premiership side in history defeat the greatest Geelong side of all in when it ultimately mattered most?

Well....According to Champion Data in the 2009 AFL Prospectus, the Hawks of 2008 actually caught up to & overtook the Cats in that year, from round 17- GF inclusive; When taking all the KPI'S into account.

Also, the Hawks 10 goal shellacking of both the Saints & Dogs in the finals, still didn't seem to either register nor resonate with all the so-called 'egg-spurts'!;)

It's no surprise then why Cats fans refer to it as the Bradbury flag.o_O

Last edited:
Ha ha ha ha.

Sure, they'll work on a count back system, and forget the number of flags, in favour of seasons where the team was really, really good, but just didn't win.

Forget cups, we made the finals damn it!

Ha ha ha ha.

Can you please stop writing "ha ha ha ha" it's actually making you look like a complete ****wit. Actually everything you type is.

Gloating arrogant pigs.

Well....According to Champion Data in the 2009 AFL Prospectus, the Hawks of 2008 actually caught up to & overtook the Cats in that year, from round 17- GF inclusive; When taking all the KPI'S into account.

Also, the Hawks 10 goal shellacking of both the Saints & Dogs in the finals, still didn't seem to either register nor resonate with all the so-called 'egg-spurts'!;)

It's no surprise then why Cats fans refer to it as the Bradbury flag.o_O

Not only cats fans refer it as the "Bradbury" Most other fans do to because, well to be honest it was.

Not only cats fans refer it as the "Bradbury" Most other fans do to because, well to be honest it was.

Stats say otherwise, result says otherwise....Nice story but.

Hmmm....Lets see now: 6 goals from frees, 12 rushed behinds from goo....That means that the supposedly all-conquering 16 AA Cats, kicked a paltry 5 goals 11 behinds of their own volition!o_O....Please, Say it aint so Batman.:)

Oh....And still no B2B....Gotta sting that one.;)

Stats say otherwise, result says otherwise....Nice story but.

Hmmm....Lets see now: 6 goals from frees, 12 rushed behinds from goo....That means that the supposedly all-conquering 16 AA Cats, kicked a paltry 5 goals 11 behinds of their own volition!o_O....Please, Say it aint so Batman.:)

Oh....And still no B2B....Gotta sting that one.;)

Why did they change the rushed rule the year after? Because it was cheating.

I don't care about who's better im just sick and tired of gloating, arrogant hawthorn supporters. It's actually quite embarrassing. Don't actually mind the team that much it's just your bandwagon stuck up smart ass pig of a supporter group.

Why did they change the rushed rule the year after? Because it was cheating.

I don't care about who's better im just sick and tired of gloating, arrogant hawthorn supporters. It's actually quite embarrassing. Don't actually mind the team that much it's just your bandwagon stuck up smart ass pig of a supporter group.

Ooops....Well you have to expect a response in kind when you give our 2008 Premiership side ZERO respect!

If you want respect returned in kind that is....The hubris of Cats fans surrounding 2008 is truly a giant on the loose!

Your side from 07-11 was clearly the best H&A team there has ever been & no doubt you under-achieved...But please don't think that allows you carte-blanche to slag my team off, for having the temerity to turn-up on Grand Final day & put up one hell of a fight....Then call it a Bradbury, when your mob chocked in front of goal the entire 2nd quarter.

Ooops....Well you have to expect a response in kind when you give our 2008 Premiership side ZERO respect!

If you want respect returned in kind that is....The hubris of Cats fans surrounding 2008 is truly a giant on the loose!

Your side from 07-11 was clearly the best H&A team there has ever been & no doubt you under-achieved...But please don't think that allows you carte-blanche to slag my team off, for having the temerity to turn-up on Grand Final day & put up one hell of a fight....Then call it a Bradbury, when your mob chocked in front of goal the entire 2nd quarter.

Can you please answer the question of why they changed the rushed behind rule the year after?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Joel Bowden.

Guerra cemented it in the Grand Final....Though what such a ploy has to do with the Cats chocking in front of goal in the 2nd quarter, is anyone's guess....When the game was there to be won in the 3rd quarter, we took our chances where the Cats hadn't.

Moooney's 2 howlers either side of half-time pretty much sums it up....Chocked on the big stage!....The pressure of being overwhelming favorites got to the Cats....Taylor's tripping over himself in defense in the 3rd quarter, leading to a turn-over & goal, was the moment where the game was decided....Pressure!

Guerra cemented it in the Grand Final....Though what such a ploy has to do with the Cats chocking in front of goal in the 2nd quarter, is anyone's guess....When the game was there to be won in the 3rd quarter, we took our chances where the Cats hadn't.

Moooney's 2 howlers either side of half-time pretty much sums it up....Chocked on the big stage!....The pressure of being overwhelming favorites got to the Cats....Taylor's tripping over himself in defense in the 3rd quarter, leading to a turn-over & goal, was the moment where the game was decided....Pressure!
Only a small handful of Guerra's deliberate behinds would be illegal by today's interpretation of the rule. There was only like 2 that weren't under any pressure, another one or two that are border line and the rest were under pressure.

Only a small handful of Guerra's deliberate behinds would be illegal by today's interpretation of the rule. There was only like 2 that weren't under any pressure, another one or two that are border line and the rest were under pressure.

The point I'm making is : That rather than looking for excuses & other external sources to blame for their demise that day, perhaps it's time for Cats posters to look within themselves & their own teams performance on the day as to why they lost....Our pressure & game-plan were first-class & executed to a tee. Yet this apparently counts for naught?o_O

There's a definitive symmetry in the lack of respect shown our club by the Cats that day; & from their supporters ever since....And they wonder why they never went Back to Back!:drunk:

The point I'm making is : That rather than looking for excuses & other external sources to blame for their demise that day, perhaps it's time for Cats posters to look within themselves & their own teams performance on the day as to why they lost....Our pressure & game-plan were first-class & executed to a tee. Yet this apparently counts for naught?o_O

There's a definitive symmetry in the lack of respect shown our club by the Cats that day; & from their supporters ever since....And they wonder why they never went Back to Back!:drunk:
Nah I agree with you. But there's no harm discrediting an over used and over hyped reason they lost and why that rule was changed.

Can you please answer the question of why they changed the rushed behind rule the year after?

It doesn't matter. We out scored

There is also the myth that had the cats kicked straight they would have definitely won. They certainly choked badly, and missed chances to put a lot of scoreboard pressure on, but if both teams had converted every one of their scoring shots (as opposed to rushed behinds) we would still have won. A fact that surprises many.

The only numbers that really matter are
Hawthorn - 3
Brisbane - 3
Geelong - 3

4>3=3
EFA
2009 was a failure as you didn't make the finals. Failure is not part of a successful era of 'Dynasty' as everyone likes to label it so you can take the 2008 flag out of the equation.

EFA
2009 was a failure as you didn't make the finals. Failure is not part of a successful era of 'Dynasty' as everyone likes to label it so you can take the 2008 flag out of the equation.
If we miss the finals in 2016 but win in 2017 will 2017 not count?

so you can take the 2008 flag out of the equation.

Wouldn't Geelong fans love that. Why don't we not only take it out of the equation but award it to the loser, giving Geelong 3 in a row, and the place in history they so crave. 2008 has always rankled cat fans. All the more so now that it separates the great from the very good. I can understand why you'd like to just brush it under the carpet and pretend it never happened.

In my opinion no because its a failure.
If Geelong won it next year (no chance) would it count? I wouldn't think so.

I'd look at the list overlaps. Should we not count 1991 in the Hawthorn dynasty because we didn't win a final in 1990? I'd say no. Hawthorn have a core group of players and coach from 2008 that were still very important in 2015. A two year dip that was heavily impacted by injury doesn't trash the dynasty IMO. If Geelong can identify a core group from 2007 that are vital to a possible 2016 flag win, then I think it is fair to include them both in the same era. Not that it matters, 1+3 in a row is still better than 1+1+1+1 :)

EFA
No, no, I'm afraid we won't be doing that. And thank god Geelong flogs on BF don't determine when our eras do and don't start....

Remove this Banner Ad

Lions vs Cats vs Hawks - Which dynasty is the best?

Back