Lions vs Cats vs Hawks - Which dynasty is the best?

Best dynasty???

• Cats

Votes: 234 21.2%
  • Hawks

Votes: 524 47.5%
  • Lions

Votes: 344 31.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Posting another's work without attribution is claiming it as your own. That is plagiarism.
Call it what you like, it doesn't change the facts. :thumbsu:

Despite that, there was a section that clearly indicated that it wasn't written by myself... The 'neutral supporter' aspect. :thumbsu:

You see, if anyone had the nous to take me on in this debate, I had mountains of my own content. Alas Hawthorn supporters were already resigned to their fate and wisely chose to ignore the challenge. :thumbsu:

Burning question:

Will Hawthorn win the flag next year and overtake Geelong, or fail and watch on as their supporters continue to use 08 as a comfort mechanism?

It will be an interesting year... Will they buckle under the weight of the expectations of their supporter base.

Looking forward to it.

Burning question:

Will Hawthorn win the flag next year and overtake Geelong, or fail and watch on as their supporters continue to use 08 as a comfort mechanism?

It will be an interesting year... Will they buckle under the weight of the expectations of their supporter base.

Looking forward to it.

Hey poster that pathetically uses VFA history to hide the mediocre history of their football club...

Why is 2011 relevant to 2007 (different captain and coach) and yet 2013 isn't relevant to 2008 (same coach)?

Hey poster that pathetically uses VFA history to hide the mediocre history of their football club...

Why is 2011 relevant to 2007 (different captain and coach) and yet 2013 isn't relevant to 2008 (same coach)?
And the captain from 08 played in each of 13,14,and 15
Likewise the captain from 13,14,15 played in 08 (and won Norm Smith.....again)

I like to embrace my club's entire history. Something Hawthorn supporters could learn a thing or two from... Speaking of which, I'm still awaiting those wooden spoon tallies.

There's a reason why Geelong Is the only team in the history of the VFL/AFL never to have finished below 12th on the ladder...

And the captain from 08 played in each of 13,14,and 15
Likewise the captain from 13,14,15 played in 08 (and won Norm Smith.....again)
Don't blame me for your clubs inability to play finals after the 08 flag, thus rendering any mention of that year as inclusion into a dynasty debate as invalid.:thumbsu:

I like to embrace my club's entire history. Something Hawthorn supporters could learn a thing or two from... Speaking of which, I'm still awaiting those wooden spoon tallies.

There's a reason why Geelong Is the only team in the history of the VFL/AFL never to have finished below 12th on the ladder...

There is also a reason why Geelong went 44 years without winning any silverware what so ever (1963-2007)

Geelong is the only club that has lobbied to include its VFA history, why is that?

There is also a reason why Geelong went 44 years without winning any silverware what so ever (1963-2007)

Geelong is the only club that has lobbied to include its VFA history, why is that?
Simply weren't good enough in that timeframe.

Now those tallies please. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't blame me for your clubs inability to play finals after the 08 flag, thus rendering any mention of that year as inclusion into a dynasty debate as invalid.:thumbsu:
And the Cats didnt rule the comp in 09 or 11 so they fail to be a Dynasty. At least we can say the same for 13/14/15

Now you could argue that a sports Dynasty doesn't involve necessarily winning every year, but that then opens the argument up to very much include 08.

"The most widely accepted sports dynasties are those with the majority of championships over a very long period of time, either consecutively or with interruptions, e.g. the UCLA Bruins men's basketball team's seven straight national championships from 1964 to 1975 and 10 national championships during the reign of coach John Wooden"

Now that was a Dynasty that spanned over 10 years and had a totally different roster from the start to the end

And the Cats didnt rule the comp in 09 or 11 so they fail to be a Dynasty. At least we can say the same for 13/14/15
Stats and records prove otherwise... We've been through this. :thumbsu:

Stats? like 4 is more than 3?
Like b2b >1
Like b2b2b> b2b > 1?
believe what you want but it appears youre very much in the minority.
Don't get upset, embrace the challenge ahead. :thumbsu:

pelase define a "Sporting Dynasty" with a reference.
You can do your own dirty work champ. :thumbsu:

It's not hard to find.

Don't get upset, embrace the challenge ahead. :thumbsu:

You can do your own dirty work champ. :thumbsu:

It's not hard to find.
I have. And it's a very loosely defined concept. And until you can satisfactorily state why 08 doesn't count, with specific reference to the definition, I will continue to count it. You do t have to, but again, you're in the minority. Champ.

I have. And it's a very loosely defined concept. And until you can satisfactorily state why 08 doesn't count, with specific reference to the definition, I will continue to count it. You do t have to, but again, you're in the minority. Champ.
I'm quite content with my thoughts champ. It's Hawthorn supporters getting antsy and struggling to come to grips with the concept.

PS: you did no such thing.

13 flags / 11 woodens, all in 90 years

Most flags since we joined the comp (all in the 1961-2015 period), 3rd most woodens (all in the 1925-65 period)

What a club...

The Cats have won 9 flags / 5 woodens in 120 years evidently
So despite being on the comp for a considerably less amount of time, you've almost doubled our wooden spoon tally.

I guess Hawthorn history is either littered with mediocrity or success.

What a club. :drunk:

Why is 2011 anymore relevent to 2007 then 2013 to 2008?
That's obvious champ. When you learn the term 'dynasty' you'll finally answer your own question. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Lions vs Cats vs Hawks - Which dynasty is the best?

Back