Preview LIONS vs PORT, GABBA, ROUND 3 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
G'day Lions fans. Will be a great game, two young sides playing exciting footy and exceeding expectations. Genuinely not sure which way this one will go. Win or lose though, we can all agree on one thing, f*** Jared Polec.

Last edited:

The whole Fagan thing surprises me a little.

The sign of a great leader is knowing what you do well, and finding others that can do better in the things you don't. I honestly don't care that Fagan personally is considered by some to not be tactical (which is utterly unproven by any stretch) if he is smart enough to surround himself and listen to those that are.

Coaching is so much a team sport now it almost rivals playing the game itself. I was as surprised as most when Fagan didn't make wholesale changes to the coaches when he arrived or since. Now it's becoming obvious why - he thinks he has a group with talent.

And just maybe we have a team that can finally execute the changes that they want.

Judging Fagan's tactical nous (or supposed lack thereof ) on previous years is a bit like judging a preschool teachers art skills by the work their students present. Let's see what the next few years bring before we jump to too many risky conclusions.

Last edited:
Just my observation. Others will beg to differ. I do think he is an outstanding individual in regards to man management and human resources. The Barassi style was great in it's time but fortunately rarely exists today. He communicates well and seems genuine when he expresses his thoughts and opinions. He is good for the club. Lets hope he is great for the club.
We have so little idea of what actually occurs behind the scenes that I’m struggling to see how you’d know what Fagans skills or lack there of are.

We've shot the Eagle out of his perch in the sky..

We've culled the Kangaroos..

..time to short circuit the Power right back at them!

:brisbane:Lion Power!:brisbane:

Short circuiting will only draw more power...we need to flick the switch!

I'm very confident we'll get the job done on Saturday night, we have made no secret of the fact that we want to make the Gabba a fortress again. Port have a few inexperienced players in their 22, we need to bring the pressure and intensity early and get them hesitant with the ball, they wont know what hit them if we do.

His inside work was big saturday, 20 contested 12 clearances. Confident Neale will go one better on the weekend though.
I've watched a bit of port the last few rounds and agree Rocky is in great form. Wouldnt underestimate him at all at the moment. Ebert grey and boak are all doing a similar thing to us with the smalls up forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2004 burns still and I remember the great tussles that these two had during that period with those great teams. I honestly can’t stand Port because of this.

In regards to Saturday night I hope we play a fair bit tighter than we did yesterday vs North. Port are a better side to North and Robbie Gray is a match winner and believe that Gardiner will get the job done for us there. This being our home ground will be a factor and I reckon the crowds will be primed for this one and will be even louder. Can’t wait!!

Good read except for the part about Wines racking up touches in the two's?..Not sure where you got this from, Wines has not and will not play two's

On HTC Desire 650 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apologies - I'm not sure where I got that from, but it was after midnight and I had eleventy tabs open and paper everywhere :)

I think I got creative after reading through his stats in 2018 :)

After watching the replay, I'm convinced we need to look at trialing Adams as a forward when he is fit. I feel like we're a senior tall short and it he could come in and take marks/crash packs then I could see things seriously opening up for someone like Hipwood. I think all three of Adams, Hipwood and McStay could play forward but you can't drop Oscar so I'm not sure how we'd be able to fit all three.

Could be a role too for Jack Payne when he's fit and ready to go.

Short circuiting the Power hey........ Didn't we do something to the Power during the BBL. There is a link or a joke there somewhere I just can't make it work..... Anyone?

If we're 65 points down with 6:07 left on the clock, the power will definitely go out and we'll call it a draw.

That's the way we roll here in Qld.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back