Lisle to Brisbane for Pick 29 (confirmed)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Lisle on Lions Radar!

My facebook is telling me that Emma Quayle has tweeted that this trade is just about done, just working out the draft pick for the exchange.

Edit: Dammit Mess!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is one kid i wish we'd never lose.... dammit! big blokes take longer to develop, he's got so much upside. :mad:

Is this the same CHB that couldn't get a game in front of Schoey in the finals this year and has the prospect of having Gilham back next year as well??

I don't want him to go but sheesh, our defence was outstanding this year and he didn't seem to be the one we turned to in the big games at the end of the year.

Realistically, with Gunston coming in, he's much like Renouf and probably redundant. I hope he stays, but then, hope he gets a chance elsewhere to show what he can do.

Is this the same CHB that couldn't get a game in front of Schoey in the finals this year and has the prospect of having Gilham back next year as well??

I don't want him to go but sheesh, our defence was outstanding this year and he didn't seem to be the one we turned to in the big games at the end of the year.

Realistically, with Gunston coming in, he's much like Renouf and probably redundant. I hope he stays, but then, hope he gets a chance elsewhere to show what he can do.
We now only have 2 KPD taller than 189cm. On our whole list. (Not including Birch)

To put into perspective, we have 4 KPF >193cm.

Well the powers that be seem to think he's dispensible, so given we get a decent pick I can't see what the fuss is about really.

Sure he's a big fella with some upside, but surely the staff know him better than most ( not all :cool:) on here, and I'll back them in to make the right call.

We may just have a smokie up our selve that will be better than JL...who knows.

But unless we're willing to play Rough back I think we'll have to bank said smokie, in one of the drafts ;)

I really hope the HFC know what they are doing? Don't understand why we invest time into these kids and then flog em off for next to nothing? I understand not everyone can play but you only need another year like this year with injuries and again we are exposed, KP players don't grow on trees!

The club has done an incredible job this trade period and I am sure that this deal will be no different.
Just wait until we see what the net result is before we get emotional and start passing judgement.

He wants more oppourtuntity by all accounts, what do you expect the club to do? Tether him to the goal posts? Good Jordan, sit, stay, good boy.

So I guess that means we go after Tom Curran in the draft now........should be able to get either pick 29 or 30 for Moose........little consolation. Disappointed if true

Its all part of the cunning plan, bumsonseats.

I was a Moose fan. Dropped off him mid season. He is a good uncontested mark and that is about it. Moose only has 1 AFL spot and that is FB. Got me buggared why he was not planted there and told to make the most of it.

Some may harp on about his closing speed, this theory may have been valid three years ago but the game has evolved.

Good on the club for giving Jordan the opportunity to further his playing career by getting him to a club in which he should feature heavily in their starting 22 starting from next year.

Folks, we aren't going to get much worse of a year with regards to injury than the one we've just had. If Jordan couldn't get a game then, there's not much use him hanging around next year unfortunately. If we can get a pick in the early 30's and possibly a few pick upgrades as well, then I'd say it's another win-win situation for all parties involved, as I believe the Renouf/Port deal was too.

Now, if this is apart of something bigger ie. a Boumann, Mirra, Gillies or midfielder trade, then it's even more of a win for us (though I'm not sold on Gillies just yet).

Either way, as mentioned before, the club have done pretty damn well the past few years at the trade table, including so far this year, so I'll back them in to do the right thing again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lisle to Brisbane for Pick 29 (confirmed)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back