Lisle to Brisbane for Pick 29 (confirmed)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Lisle on Lions Radar!

I agree on form, but the simple fact is that Lisle isn't getting a go at Hawthorn for whatever reason, he deserves better, he deserves to have a career
In saying that I hope we don't go after Gillies, he hasn't shown anything at VFL level to say he is going to be competent one on one KP defender for our club.....
Yea, this is what I'm basing it off also. Lisle has shown he is a capable defender, as well as a useful forward and strong mark. Gillies (only seen a couple of his games) hasn't shown that much so it'd be a strange move if we were to go after him.

If Lisle couldn't get a go, why would Gillies be any different?

I think a lot of people are over rating Lisle based on his one game on Dawes (second fiddle forward with a broken knuckle) and a few decent marks against Freo (were he failed to convert relatively easy shots on goal).

I just don't think he has the makings to be as great a player as people seem to think, like I said before, I'm hung up on his performances at BHH, I wouldn't put someone back in the side who wasn't hungry either.

At this stage I'm starting to look at it as a potential swap of Lisle for Curran :p who I think exhibits a lot of Lisle's traits, but also shows that little bit extra.

I think a lot of people are over rating Lisle based on his one game on Dawes (second fiddle forward with a broken knuckle) and a few decent marks against Freo (were he failed to convert relatively easy shots on goal).

I just don't think he has the makings to be as great a player as people seem to think, like I said before, I'm hung up on his performances at BHH, I wouldn't put someone back in the side who wasn't hungry either.

At this stage I'm starting to look at it as a potential swap of Lisle for Curran :p who I think exhibits a lot of Lisle's traits, but also shows that little bit extra.

That's the best news I have heard. It would be great to get Curran, sticky hands and a good set shot. I cannot believe we did not pick him as father/son rule, that just seems so silly. When negotiating with Adelaide we should have only given our 1st pick and downgraded our 3rd pick. Therefore, not given our second pick for their picks. In that way we could have had both gunston and curran. Curran will most likely be a second pick, but with selecting him as father/son rule if someone before us wants him they cannot, they need to wait for us, even if we have a late pick, pick 46, and then we can pick him up. As it stands now, he can go at any time.

I think it will be 30........the difference between 29 and 30 is nothing, but I think Bris will want to have their pick before the Hawks, so they will keep 29 and give us 30. Sounds about fair to me, but hoping we might be able to get a bit more for him...... :(

Screw that. I want 29. Lions may have had three picks by then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 way trade
Hawks:
In: Pick 29, Pick 38
Out: Lisle, Ladson
Lions:
In: Pick 16, Lisle
Out: Pick 29, Clark
Freo:
In: Clark, Ladson
Out Pick 16, Pick 38
thoughts??

STRAIGHT SWAP

286381-daniel-merrett.jpg

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Don't blame him for wanting to leave.

We didn't give him a fair go imo.

More bad management from the club.

Yep, we should gift games to players regardless of form. :thumbsu:

3 way trade
Hawks:
In: Pick 29, Pick 38
Out: Lisle, Ladson
Lions:
In: Pick 16, Lisle
Out: Pick 29, Clark
Freo:
In: Clark, Ladson
Out Pick 16, Pick 38
thoughts??

My thought is why would you throw up something as random as that.

Example. Out-Ladson to GWS, Young to Norf, Lisle to brisbane.
Mitch Clark to Fremantle. Brisbane to give hawks pick 30, Saints to give Dawson to GWS, Peake to Freo, Saints to then receive 2nd round pick and compo pick for Palmer from freo, which they pass to Brissie, Brissie also get 3rd mini draft pick from GWS. Norf would offer another second round draft pick for Young.

Brissie would effectively get Lisle, and access to the 3rd most exciting youngster in the country for Clark and a second round pick. Not too bad.
Saints would lose Dawson and Peake, for a second round draft pick and compo pick from Freo and swap second round picks. Not bad.
GWS would get Ladson and Dawson for 3rd mini-draft pick. Acceptable.
North would get Young, and lose a second round pick
Freo would get Mitch Clark, and Peake, and lose a first round draft pick, and their compo pick, and downgrade round 2 draft pick.
Hawks would lose Lisle, Young and Ladson, for pick 30 and 4th mini-draft pick, and a second round pick. Good.

Blahblah blah. could fine tune it, but i am sure you get my drift. How far do we push the envelope of hypotheticals???

My thought is why would you throw up something as random as that.

Example. Out-Ladson to GWS, Young to Norf, Lisle to brisbane.
Mitch Clark to Fremantle. Brisbane to give hawks pick 30, Saints to give Dawson to GWS, Peake to Freo, Saints to then receive 2nd round pick and compo pick for Palmer from freo, which they pass to Brissie, Brissie also get 3rd mini draft pick from GWS. Norf would offer another second round draft pick for Young.

Brissie would effectively get Lisle, and access to the 3rd most exciting youngster in the country for Clark and a second round pick. Not too bad.
Saints would lose Dawson and Peake, for a second round draft pick and compo pick from Freo and swap second round picks. Not bad.
GWS would get Ladson and Dawson for 3rd mini-draft pick. Acceptable.
North would get Young, and lose a second round pick
Freo would get Mitch Clark, and Peake, and lose a first round draft pick, and their compo pick, and downgrade round 2 draft pick.
Hawks would lose Lisle, Young and Ladson, for pick 30 and 4th mini-draft pick, and a second round pick. Good.

Blahblah blah. could fine tune it, but i am sure you get my drift. How far do we push the envelope of hypotheticals???

Send this in a memo to all the clubs involved.

Multiple reports that the Lions are right into Lisle.
Given his limited opportunities in the seniors, it's only fair that he looks elsewhere.
With Monday afternoon fast approaching should we trade him?
What would be a reasonable result?
Yes.

If the Lions are offering up Pick 29 for Lisle we should take it and run.

So it looks like Clark is now going to Melbourne, and Brisbane now have picks 8 and 12 to chase after Tippett. If Melb have Clark, and if Bris get Tippett, do either of them really need Lisle ?? These 2 clubs appeared to be most interested in Moose but might he stay a Hawk after all........??

Remove this Banner Ad

Lisle to Brisbane for Pick 29 (confirmed)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back