List Management 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn't be against us holding on to Lee but of course we can only add so many players and even through at this stage we have up to 9 spots left they quickly fill up after we pick up 4 players in the draft, zone selection Anderson and 4 experienced players. So just not sure we have room for Lee.
If we are to pick up state league players I think that is more likely to happen with the rookie draft as we have up to 6 more spots to fill if we choose.

We also have a very crowded forward line with Cameron and Patton both looking good, Folau taking up space, o'Hailpin providing a big body and potentially a resting Giles or Philips.

Hi guys, all this talk on Lee, have you actually said you will pre-list him yet or is it all speculation?

He seems to be the stand out prelistable player at the moment, so would get us the most bang for our buck.

He seems to be the stand out prelistable player at the moment, so would get us the most bang for our buck.

I haven't seen enough of him to comment, I try and avoid Claremont games as I can't stand them, saw him run rings around Zac Dawson in the preseason intraclub match but Zac was having a Zac day. Freo were obviously having a close look at him then but decided against it.

We also have a very crowded forward line with Cameron and Patton both looking good, Folau taking up space, o'Hailpin providing a big body and potentially a resting Giles or Philips.

Cameron can play all over the field. Patton is at least another year away, I think. Folau will probably take up the 2nd ruckman next year ahead of Philips. O'Hailpin is still a unknown. We desperately need goalkickers (and perhaps more importantly, goal creators).

Cameron can play all over the field. Patton is at least another year away, I think. Folau will probably take up the 2nd ruckman next year ahead of Philips. O'Hailpin is still a unknown. We desperately need goalkickers (and perhaps more importantly, goal creators).

Cameron and Patton have both shown more even now, IMO, than Lee. Even those two + one resting ruck (Giles or Folau) is a top heavy forward line. Adding Lee in there seems counter-intuitive, especially when, by trading him, we can focus on areas of more concern.

Hey guys, another suggestion on the dogs board has been that we'll give 5 and 6 for Jack Martin and Jed Anderson. Seem fair to you guys? Do you think you'll be trading Anderson or hanging onto him?

Hey guys, another suggestion on the dogs board has been that we'll give 5 and 6 for Jack Martin and Jed Anderson. Seem fair to you guys? Do you think you'll be trading Anderson or hanging onto him?

Have to say I really rate Anderson and wouldn't like us to trade him but if we are chasing early draft picks it would make sense

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When it comes to a rucks we are now on about plan (H) and it would seem that Giles is looking less likely to be with us 2013:

While GWS has not made a decision on Blake, football manager Graeme Allan confirmed it had "a little bit" of interest in the former Cat.

List manager Stephen Silvagni watched Blake play a Goulburn Valley elimination final last month and is believed to be in regular contact with the 200cm beanpole.

Blake, 27, retired from the AFL when he was delisted by the Cats last year after 99 games.

The 2009 premiership ruckman enjoyed a dominant season with Mooroopna this year, winning the league's best-and-fairest award.
Coach Brad Campbell said Blake was continuing to train in the post-season, in the hope GWS would take the punt.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/dep...ould-land-at-gws/story-fn69a32t-1226486113646

Also we have showed some interest in Jacob Surjan
http://www.footballnation.com.au/af...ers-whos-set-to-join-your-club-in-trade-week/

What are your thoughts on this new three way offer between Richmond, W.Bulldogs and GWS?

Richmond: Dom Tyson
W. Bulldogs: Pick 9, Mini Draft Selection 1
GWS: Pick 5, Pick 6.

With Melbourne probably using pick 3/4 for Viney it's effectively Pick 4 and Pick 5 for GWS.

Looks good for everyone.

What are your thoughts on this new three way offer between Richmond, W.Bulldogs and GWS?

Richmond: Dom Tyson
W. Bulldogs: Pick 9, Mini Draft Selection 1
GWS: Pick 5, Pick 6.

With Melbourne probably using pick 3/4 for Viney it's effectively Pick 4 and Pick 5 for GWS.

Looks good for everyone.
It seems to have been a big revelation that GWS could end up with picks 5 and 6 through the proposed 3-way deal, despite it already having been rumoured in a direct swap with WBD and not losing Tyson. Depending on what the market is for MD2, GWS could try trading MD1 + MD2 or Jed Anderson (NT zone) for #5 and #6. Like this deal it'd be a framework with GWS probably extracting more value by, for example, sending out later round picks to get something more in the deal.

Last year, MD1 was worth the 1st non-GWS pick (#4) plus Geel mid-1st compo (approx. future #11) and MD2 was the 4th non-GWS pick (#10) plus Adel 1st compo (#20 this year). Again, it really depends on the market but last year the value was 4 first round picks; one early, two mid (one 'early mid' by virtue of holding 6 out of 9 picks before it) and one late.

Realistically it all depends on where Tyson is at and where GWS are at with him... So far I think that 3-way deal could be a likely framework if Tyson is to be traded, but GWS will definitely push for more value coming in.

Good response. I think that deal works because all you need to look is at what clubs are giving, and what they're getting.

WB Giving > Pick 5 + 6
WB Getting > Pick 9 + Mini Draft 1#
(WIN)

Richmond Giving > Pick 9
Richmond Getting > Dom Tyson
(WIN)

GWS Giving > Dom Tyson + Mini Draft Selection 1
GWS Getting > Pick 5 + Pick 6
(Needs a little more)

GWS Giving > Dom Tyson + Mini Draft Selection 1
GWS Getting > Pick 5 + Pick 6
(Needs a little more)

I would have accepted pick 5 and 6 in this years draft as a trade for pick 3 in last years draft. The only thing I don't like about this is the mini draft selection as well.

I would hate to lose Tyson though. However he strikes me as the kind of player who will develop slowly but I really like him.

I would have accepted pick 5 and 6 in this years draft as a trade for pick 3 in last years draft. The only thing I don't like about this is the mini draft selection as well.

I would hate to lose Tyson though. However he strikes me as the kind of player who will develop slowly but I really like him.

Pick 5 + 6 = Mini Draft 1#, Dom Tyson

It's sort of even.

For GWS to be all ears, something needs to be added, and it needs to be from Richmond.

Pick 5 + 6 = Mini Draft 1#, Dom Tyson

It's sort of even.

For GWS to be all ears, something needs to be added, and it needs to be from Richmond.

That's not really even.

You're talking pick 5 for MD #1, which is about what most of us expected (something in the 4-6 range).

Then pick 6 for last year's pick 3. That's pretty shit.

If he 100% does not want to play for GWS and wants to get to Richmond then you would have to take that deal unless a better deal comes along this year. No point in holding on to him for another year and costing the spot of another player.

If he is not 100% then let him develop even more next year, try to convince him to stay and if not then his price could be higher with another season into him.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Management 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back