List Management 2018: Make room for the super draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Whitecross & Lovell delisted.

Interest in Bugg.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
In: Wingard, Scully, Scrimshaw, Glass, Pick 50,90, DFA1, DFA2

Out: Vickery, Rioli, O'Rourke, Heatherley, Burton, Duryea, Whitecross, Lovell

Of course we may upgrade a combination of Nash, Hanrahan and Cousins if we dont wanna enter the DFA market

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

You don't think that Wingard is what we need?? at both our finals this year it was clear how badly we missed Rioli, had we had him in that game against Melbourne, he could have made the difference... last season we desperately lacked a player who can take the game by the scruff of the neck and dominate.

Going by where he played for Port in the second half of the season I’m sure someone on here would have his midfield stats for Port this year he will play more midfield for us and forward second I think.

So our midfield will be Mitch-JOM- Wingard.

DFA - Darren Minchington

id like 4 picks in the draft and 1-2 rookie picks (Glass was guaranteed last year and Mozzie as a rookie)

players who might be available at pick 53+ i'd like us to look at possibly drafting - Aaron Nietschke, Jack Ross, Will Hamill, Xavier O'Neill, Tom Lewis, Mitch Riordan, Zane Barzen, Hudson Garoni, Noah Gown, Jake Gaspar, Lachlan Young, Laitham Vandermeer, Joe Ayton-Delaney, Tom Joyce, Jacob Atley

Can you sign a DFA for 1 year or is the minimum 2 years?

If 1, I'd be happy for us to sign Tomas Bugg (or 2yrs at low money). I'd be pretty keen to see what Sammy Mitchell & Hawthorn could do with him.

If his talent is real & able to be unlocked then ours is the system to do it. Not sure it would come off, but then we've carried lesser players & for a lot longer.

Can you sign a DFA for 1 year or is the minimum 2 years?

If 1, I'd be happy for us to sign Tomas Bugg (or 2yrs at low money). I'd be pretty keen to see what Sammy Mitchell & Hawthorn could do with him.

If his talent is real & able to be unlocked then ours is the system to do it. Not sure it would come off, but then we've carried lesser players & for a lot longer.
It would be one year. I doubt a guy with his career on the line(DFA) would require a 2 year contract.

It would be one year. I doubt a guy with his career on the line(DFA) would require a 2 year contract.
Just in case he had multiple offers was my reasoning for 2x.

May not be the kind of player to end up in a bidding war over.

DFA - Darren Minchington

id like 4 picks in the draft and 1-2 rookie picks (Glass was guaranteed last year and Mozzie as a rookie)

players who might be available at pick 53+ i'd like us to look at possibly drafting - Aaron Nietschke, Jack Ross, Will Hamill, Xavier O'Neill, Tom Lewis, Mitch Riordan, Zane Barzen, Hudson Garoni, Noah Gown, Jake Gaspar, Lachlan Young, Laitham Vandermeer, Joe Ayton-Delaney, Tom Joyce, Jacob Atley

This would be funny.

What happens if we use our last pick to upgrade Glass and then another club picks Mozzie. Can we still somehow step in and take him?

You have as many picks as you have list spaces. In addition to 53/90, we also have "108, 126, 144" etc.

With the discount for Mozzie, I think once he goes past about 55 we can pick him up with 90, by which time pretty much all other clubs will have gone home.

Going by where he played for Port in the second half of the season I’m sure someone on here would have his midfield stats for Port this year he will play more midfield for us and forward second I think.

So our midfield will be Mitch-JOM- Wingard.

I really want to see Wingard and Impey rotating mid to forward.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hendo surely gets another year?
Would easily be the unlickiest bloke on an afl list if he was cut.
I hope so, wonder if he is weighing up not being a walk up start next year

Hendo surely gets another year?
Would easily be the unlickiest bloke on an afl list if he was cut.

You would think he would clearly get another year. Scully is no walk up start to take the field in 2019... more a hobble up start, so Hendo should be there. Sure he has more strings to his bow than wing position, anyway. Half-back or bursts through the centre. Much needed player, imo.

You would think he would clearly get another year. Scully is no walk up start to take the field in 2019... more a hobble up start, so Hendo should be there. Sure he has more strings to his bow than wing position, anyway. Half-back or bursts through the centre. Much needed player, imo.
I think so but i wonder whether we see him as best 22 at the end of the year.

No disrespect to Hendo he's been a rock and deserves another year.

But we know Clarko will be honest about gametime

I think so but i wonder whether we see him as best 22 at the end of the year.

No disrespect to Hendo he's been a rock and deserves another year.

But we know Clarko will be honest about gametime
Definitely think he’s still best 22, he’s the perfect bench player because he can play back, forward and mid. Hope we are traveling that well that he gets pushed out but can’t see that happening this year

Schoenmakers surely gets another crack. We've got zip depth in KPP positions.

i actually talked about this in another thread, so i'll put what i said here:

well we need some high quality talls and soon, trading away Burton who was a quality tall was a decision i can understand, but at the same time was a poor decision going forward, here are our tall list atm and it doesnt look pretty

Roughead - on his last legs
Frawley - ok
Gunston and Stratton are 3rd talls not KPP (although Stratts did stand up to be our KPD this year, but he is better as a flexible defender)
Schoenmakers - ok as a chf
TOB - nightmare
Brand - getting better, but still a concern
Mirra - could be our number 1 defender soon?
Nash - too inconsistent
Lewis - young forw/ruck could be ok

not a lot to be excited about with our talls, we're relying on our 3rd talls to try and play KPP atm which is dangerous

(also about how the only way to get quality/elite talls was to either draft inside the top 10 or thereabouts or trade/FA a tall which we havnt been lucky enough to do of late, except for Frawley)

and that our club needs a King Twin, Lukosius, Blakey, Williams more than any other club in this draft.

i actually talked about this in another thread, so i'll put what i said here:

well we need some high quality talls and soon, trading away Burton who was a quality tall was a decision i can understand, but at the same time was a poor decision going forward, here are our tall list atm and it doesnt look pretty

Roughead - on his last legs
Frawley - ok
Gunston and Stratton are 3rd talls not KPP (although Stratts did stand up to be our KPD this year, but he is better as a flexible defender)
Schoenmakers - ok as a chf
TOB - nightmare
Brand - getting better, but still a concern
Mirra - could be our number 1 defender soon?
Nash - too inconsistent
Lewis - young forw/ruck could be ok

not a lot to be excited about with our talls, we're relying on our 3rd talls to try and play KPP atm which is dangerous

(also about how the only way to get quality/elite talls was to either draft inside the top 10 or thereabouts or trade/FA a tall which we havnt been lucky enough to do of late, except for Frawley)

and that our club needs a King Twin, Lukosius, Blakey, Williams more than any other club in this draft.
Burton is not a tall. He’s one of those 3rd talks you talk about. Mirra is 186cm so he’s not a tall of any sort.

I think Brand is a promising KPD. Think he has it in him to become the number 1 tall defender.

Anyone know much about Bailey Williams?

Cal Twomey has him possibly sliding to our pick, also said he was expected to be a top 10 pick at 1 stage. Key forward who can pinch hit in the ruck as well.

Is he any good? Think he will still be around at our first pick?

Heard a lot of chatter on here regarding the Mos or Mozzie.

Just wondering what's all the hype about ? For us uninformed interstaters. Any highlight video around or is he a speculative pick ?

Seems to be another small fleet of foot fwd from what i've gathered on here. Do we really need another of this kind ?

Thought we'd be looking to bolster our tall timber more. Like to hear from supporters who have seen him play or might know something more solid.

Heard a lot of chatter on here regarding the Mos or Mozzie.

Just wondering what's all the hype about ? For us uninformed interstaters. Any highlight video around or is he a speculative pick ?

Seems to be another small fleet of foot fwd from what i've gathered on here. Do we really need another of this kind ?

Thought we'd be looking to bolster our tall timber more. Like to hear from supporters who have seen him play or might know something more solid.
Proper piece on Irving Mosquito
WARNING: Cyril comparisons made!

Hawthorn interview.
http://m.hawthornfc.com.au/video/2018-01-25/cant-wipe-that-smile-away

53 seconds in.
It’s only the one clip but it’s gives a clue into what sort of player he is.

Another clip. 53 seconds in.

A badly edited highlight package of the game from around 4 in the TAC where he kicked 4 goals. Recommend putting it on mute.

Some comments:
1)
9 Irving Mosquito

It certainly was not Mosquito’s most prolific or influential outing of the year, but the Hawthorn Next Generation Academy prospect still managed to create the occasional eye catching moment. “Mozzie” looked his most dangerous at the stoppages, weaving through traffic, creating space from nothing and turning onto his left as he does best. He only won nine disposals, but clubs really like him which may lead to Hawthorn matching a bid earlier than they would like.

2)
#9 Irving Mosquito

The Hawthorn Next Generation Academy product was a little quiet throughout the game, but only needs a few touches to have an impact. He showed his typical flashes of brilliance though, handing off to Fraser Phillips for the first goal of the game, flicking out another to Josh Smith before he missed the shot, and taking the ball at speed in the midfield. He spent a good amount of time at the centre bounces, and was close to bursting away for some highlight reel clearances, but couldn’t quite break away.

3)
9 Irving Mosquito

There’s always a bit of buzz about the Power when Mosquito is near the ball, and he once again provided some nice moments. The Hawthorn Next Generation Academy prospect played mostly deep forward under the presence of big-man Noah Gown, and made an ideal start with his long-range set shot goal in the opening term. While he drifted in and out of the game at times, he came right back into it with a courageous contested mark late on, as well as a good bit of foot-candy in the final quarter which led to one of Gown’s five goals.

4)
Exciting ground level forward Irving Mosquito is dangerous every time he is near the ball and has built a reputation for applying heavy forward pressure. Mosquito looms as a possible Paul Puopolo successor and may feature late draft.

Some common themes here with a lack of disposals one of them but he makes good use of them.
I’ll also mention that a couple comments suggested that
1. Other clubs are interested
2. His high ceiling will make sure we pay a “pretty penny for him”.

May add to this later with more comments/videos.

Last edited:
Thanks Mitchell54 :thumbsu:

Looks like a slightly taller version of Hilly when he's running in cruise control. Pretty much a goal sneak with a few tricks would I be right ?

Not overly excited but may offer some depth in the small fwd dept. if the club sees it. Pick in the 90's or above or rookied seems about right.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Management 2018: Make room for the super draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back