List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

What rewards exactly?

• Ryan Burton (who got injured early in a game for the 400th time in 2020, the last time a Prelim decided by a kick).

• Xavier Duursma (who flashed for fleeting periods but was ultimately traded out for a local guy we could’ve drafted in 2016 but chose superstars like Dom Barry and Jake Patmore instead).

• Freed up his pay packet for the capture of Tom Rockliff.

Real 4D chess areas from Chris Davies and the band.

Chad has retired:
In hindsight smart trade by Port where he never glittered in games for the Hawks to match his amazing start at Port.

It seemed every season at Hawthorn he had a perianal injury while we reaped the rewards of Wyngard's trade bounty.
Can’t say nothing against the Chad here pal, he’s more loved than Santa Claus.

Cap is essentially irrelevant if we have the space. You either use it or lose it.
Yes and no. Using it reduces flexibility - as in you can front/back end contracts, combined with the cap underspend allowance allows you to build a warchest for use in future years.

He’s either waiting to choose port once our season is over or he hasn’t made up his mind yet. If he had chosen crows it would be out yet. At best for the crows his manager is waiting for them to up their offer.
Yes it's strange how he hasn't said make me a cow.
He was impressed with Ports facilities.

Yes and no. Using it reduces flexibility - as in you can front/back end contracts, combined with the cap underspend allowance allows you to build a warchest for use in future years.
You can only under spend for a certain period of time before it expires

Then you re-negotiate contracts to front end more payments and create an effective underspend in future years. Why do you think so many players re-sign contracts when they've still got a year or two to run?
Thats true.

But the same goes for signing new players - you can extend the contract and spread the cash over a longer period of time.

In general I find the commentary by fans on salary cap to be pointless. No one outside of the club knows how much a player is getting paid and what the structure of the contract is.

If we went and got Lukosious I would be confident that the club is managing the salary cap hit well because we have never had salary cap problems previously.

Thats true.

But the same goes for signing new players - you can extend the contract and spread the cash over a longer period of time.

In general I find the commentary by fans on salary cap to be pointless. No one outside of the club knows how much a player is getting paid and what the structure of the contract is.

If we went and got Lukosious I would be confident that the club is managing the salary cap hit well because we have never had salary cap problems previously.

Every moron on the d and t board loves to inform everyone how their club has millions in free cap because player x y and z has left / re-signed on less / was front loaded with the authority of a Dad talking about lawns at a bbq while suggesting that club a b and c MUST be up shit creek cap wise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

• Ryan Burton (who got injured early in a game for the 400th time in 2020, the last time a Prelim decided by a kick).

• Xavier Duursma (who flashed for fleeting periods but was ultimately traded out for a local guy we could’ve drafted in 2016 but chose superstars like Dom Barry and Jake Patmore instead).

• Freed up his pay packet for the capture of Tom Rockliff.

Real 4D chess areas from Chris Davies and the band.
That second one while true, is damned funny! Talk about a cherry-picked statistic!

I imagine Melbourne supporters are also thankful that the Houston trade is off, because after all, they could have got him for a half-eaten bag of mouldy chips in the 2015 Rookie Draft!

Chris Davies and the band really stuffed that one up too!

I wouldnt take a single essendon player. They all have massive stinklines we don't want here.

Even Merrett is prone to being soft.

We got the only one we needed.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back