List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Luko is the best man.
I caught up with a close mate of mine on Sunday whose brother is also in Rozee's bridal party.
Needless to say, Connor is doing everything possible to get Luko to join Port.

Mods - might want to move some of these posts to the list management thread.
Star Wars Dancing GIF

Are they thinking Bombers 1st and Parish for Houston?

Parish just did a 5 year deal with the Bombers?

15 votes in last year's Brownlow?
Bombers 1st? Essendon would think it's a straight swap, if not change on top for them. Which is exactly why we shouldn't entertain it. As I said, I don't think there's a player in the league with a greater disparity between their cost and their worth to us than Parish.

Collingwood have now thrown their hat in the ring for Houston, Fox Footy thinking that a future 1st and whatever scrap that Collingwood get for Noble might be good enough for the dual All Australian.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That is a bit like walking into a Lexus dealer with 25k and asking if you can take home a new LS for that much.

Houston has been definite he is staying, but if we are still playing this game - 2 x first round picks. The price hasn't changed.

If Collingwood can squeeze GC for a first round pick for Noble, good luck to them. Scraps won't do it.

The Age:
Collingwood have joined Carlton and St Kilda in an effort to convince All-Australian defender Dan Houston to leave Port Adelaide at season’s end despite the likelihood of a trade remaining small.
The suspended Houston told South Australian radio last Friday he would be at Port Adelaide next year after speaking to the Magpies and the Blues while in Melbourne for the AFL awards night last week.

Are you allowed to go on national radio and just call someone a liar? Are there laws about that sort of thing?

Collingwood is certainly one team I wouldn't be trading with for their future first. Potential to go straight back to top 4 next year.
Depends a lot on how their trade period goes to be honest. If Houston is the only in for them, I'd back them to miss finals because their list otherwise is quite aged and don't have a great deal of talent coming through. If he were to go through I'd make it one of the last deals to happen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Mac Andrew has really been offered an 8 year $12 million contract by a Victorian club, and the Suns are confident of keeping him, then Jack Lukosius is gone.

If Mac Andrew has really been offered an 8 year $12 million contract by a Victorian club, and the Suns are confident of keeping him, then Jack Lukosius is gone.
Lukosius was gone before that, just a matter of which club. The interesting point here is that Mac Andrew is being offered close to 1.5m by Vic clubs and Suns would need to get close to that. Crows or Port would be doing a huge favour to Suns by taking on Luko's contract. It really is a salary cap dump, not to the extent of Bowes, and we really should trade for him with that in mind and try close the deal for a 2nd rounder. Call their bluff because I think Rowell, Anderson, Flanders, King, Ainsworth, Mac Andrew, Powell would all be between 700k - 1m, keeping in mind Suns offer more to keep players.

Lukosius was gone before that, just a matter of which club. The interesting point here is that Mac Andrew is being offered close to 1.5m by Vic clubs and Suns would need to get close to that. Crows or Port would be doing a huge favour to Suns by taking on Luko's contract. It really is a salary cap dump, not to the extent of Bowes, and we really should trade for him with that in mind and try close the deal for a 2nd rounder. Call their bluff because I think Rowell, Anderson, Flanders, King, Ainsworth, Mac Andrew, Powell would all be between 700k - 1m, keeping in mind Suns offer more to keep players.
Okay we’ll take Luko and his full salary plus a first round pick? This how it works?

Bombers 1st? Essendon would think it's a straight swap, if not change on top for them. Which is exactly why we shouldn't entertain it. As I said, I don't think there's a player in the league with a greater disparity between their cost and their worth to us than Parish.
The successor trying to make up for Dodoro's past crimes.

The successor trying to make up for Dodoro's past crimes.
He’s really done a number on their list. Average key position players and rucks. Plodding smalls. No high end youth.

Merrett couldn’t play any better but probably only has 2 years of playing at such a high level left.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back