List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it says we feel like we have enough A-grade talent to win a flag and we want to make sure they are surrounded by a list with the right depth of AFL ready players.

Perryman is defensively minded with great skills and smarts. O’Driscoll and Richards are quick and good by foot. It feels like we are targeting the right type of players to to me.
A graders, B graders; first you have to grade people who can handle living in SA.

Hence two ex-pats from last year, the so called B graders are part of the reason we are playing finals

Last edited:
For cost I'd prioritise the people we have been linked to as:

Lukosius - Yes
Perryman - Yes
Richards - Yes
O'Driscoll - Maybe
Cumming - No

Lukosius is by far the most talented of the group in my opinion. If we took on all of his salary instead of offering 900k+ to Perryman or whatever Cumming would cost, we should be able to get him for a future first at worst.

Perryman. 2nd Most talented on the list, won't cost any draft capital. Will be a big wage and contract length, but that's the going rate to get above average talent out of another club. The fact Hawks are massively into him shows you how other clubs rate him too.

Richards - Should be very cheap (3rd round pick), good age at 25, has a good amount of upside and I would rate him much better than McEntee and Evans.

O'Driscoll - Don't mind him and would come extremely cheap. Super quick, line breaking player who has a raking kick. Not sure what his fitness is like but would really like him on a wing.

Cumming - Don't rate him personally. Think he would be a meh pick sitting in the back end of our first 22 at best and we'd overpay salary wise for what he offers. Wouldn't cost any draft capital as a free agent but I don't rate him as a player. Good kick, decent runner, doesn't get any contested possies, doesn't defend well and doesn't impact on the outside enough to counter the 0 contest work he provides.
I don’t mind this but I think it’s under rating what cumming would offer us on a wing. We would be paying up in terms of salary but the free agent status would be appealing. Cant really see us having the room for all 3 of lukosious, perryman and him though.

- If we jettison soldo we have to replace him with another ruck anyway, and offer them money to move here.
That is nonsense. Both Sweet & Visentini are AFL-ready rucks, and will play first and second ruck next year. We dont need a third expensive ruck to replace Soldo. {Edit} No way do we go for a third ready ruck . We pick one in the draft to develop in the 2's.

Last edited:
That is nonsense. Both Sweet & Visentini are AFL-ready rucks, and will play first and second ruck next year. We dont need a third expensive ruck to replace Soldo. No way do we go for a third ruck in the draft to develop in the 2's.

You think we would only carry 2 genuine rucks on our list? Realistically there’s no way we would do that.

You think we would only carry 2 genuine rucks on our list? Realistically there’s no way we would do that.
It's a bit of both - agree with you, but we wouldn't really be picking up an expensive ruck. We'd be looking for a cheap ready made ruck that can come in and fill a gap if needed.

We'd probably grab one that's just been de-listed/out of contract.

Absolutely. Two AFL-ready rucks in Sweet & Vis, pinch-hitters in Finlayson & Rats, 2x2m-plus developing players in Scully & Marshall, plus draft another developing ruck, or project ruck from the SANFL etc ... That is more than any club in the AFL has or needs.

PS .. My original post was incomplete, so have edited it

That is nonsense. Both Sweet & Visentini are AFL-ready rucks, and will play first and second ruck next year. We dont need a third expensive ruck to replace Soldo. {Edit} No way do we go for a third ready ruck. We pick one in the draft to develop in the 2's.

I've heard Sydney have a back up ruck they're looking to off load.
This but unironically. I'd happily deal Soldo for a second rounder and get Pistol back on the cheap.

Won't happen if Hinkley is still our coach though. They did not get along.

This but unironically. I'd happily deal Soldo for a second rounder and get Pistol back on the cheap.

Won't happen if Hinkley is still our coach though. They did not get along.

He should go to West Coast. He would be living the dream there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd honestly be very satisfied if Port somehow, in a hypothetical world, snag just Kozzy, Perryman, Cummin (at a lower cost and more depth), Lukosius and the father sons as rookies with Benny Barrett drafted. That's it. Heck, even if we get to keep Houston with then as well.

Never happen though except a few 😂

The NOD interest is fascinating. From his point of view why would he go from one stacked midfield to another?

From our point of view, why are we continuing to chase B-Graders? Last year we chased 4 B- Graders= Sweet, Soldo BZT and Rat. That was understandable because you don’t need (and can’t have) a team of only A-Graders and ruck and tall back were areas where you don’t need A-Graders, given we had Aliir already.

This year it’s NOD, Richards and Perryman- wing, forward and back. How many B-graders are needed and why can’t we grow our own? I know Perryman has a claim on being an A-Grader and that list looks a lot better with Lukosius who is an A-Grader, no doubt in my mind.

Cripps and Davies are taking a radical approach to list management and it would make for a good book in a few years. Let’s hope it’s a book with a happy ending.

B graders can keep you competitive, make you an attractive destination and you can unearth a gem. GWS has done this time and time again.

The issue is over paying for them in cap or draft capital - ie what we did last year.

I called him 3rd in line at Richmond because he was 3rd in line.

Nankervis - obviously ahead of him. Played 15 games that year.

Samson Ryan - younger 206cm player who went past soldo in selection and played 14 games that year

Soldo - 8 games that year.

The literal definition of 3rd in line.

****, Ben miller played 13 games that year as a kpp / ruck.

Soldo was in the wilderness.

There is zero factually wrong about anything I’ve said, nor is my premise flawed.

Again to clarify my argument has been,

- there’s been no evidence to say soldo is on x amount of dollars , so it’s guesswork by posters to say he’s on “get him off our cap” money

- soldo left Richmond for opportunity, not a payday.

- If we jettison soldo we have to replace him with another ruck anyway, and offer them money to move here.

You could make an argument that to shake Soldo loose, we would have had to offer him more - cash and years. Otherwise why not head to Geelong? Essendon? North? Saints? Hawthorn? Each had a need and would have taken him on for sure. The Eagles and Swans would have also been possible. All those teams filled needs this year either from a player stepping up or a trade. Not saying crazy money. Not saying we need to rid ourselves of his contract. But, if we bring in Luko, Perryman and Cumming, freeing up the cash from Soldo leaving and being replaced by a draftee or rookie may be useful. As to needing three rucks - I agree but if it’s a choice of Perryman, Cumming and Luko, and rolling with Sweet and Vis alone or missing out on one of those three, I know which I’m choosing.

B graders can keep you competitive, make you an attractive destination and you can unearth a gem. GWS has done this time and time again.

The issue is over paying for them in cap or draft capital - ie what we did last year.

You could make an argument that to shake Soldo loose, we would have had to offer him more - cash and years. Otherwise why not head to Geelong? Essendon? North? Saints? Hawthorn? Each had a need and would have taken him on for sure. The Eagles and Swans would have also been possible. All those teams filled needs this year either from a player stepping up or a trade. Not saying crazy money. Not saying we need to rid ourselves of his contract. But, if we bring in Luko, Perryman and Cumming, freeing up the cash from Soldo leaving and being replaced by a draftee or rookie may be useful. As to needing three rucks - I agree but if it’s a choice of Perryman, Cumming and Luko, and rolling with Sweet and Vis alone or missing out on one of those three, I know which I’m choosing.
Just put it to Scully over the pre season to bulk, get a good tank and time to practice ruck work. He's 203cm. Younger than Vis. There's your 3rd ruck and potential key forward craft too. If it doesn't work that year then draft one for 2026 on

1. No Houston next year we’re going to struggle

2. Get luko.

I was on the fence when I thought he might cost a bit in a trade cause of the overlap between him and Todd making luko less of a priority but anyone watching tonight should be horrified at the thought of rolling into 2025 with a kf line of Mitch esava and ? Lord ? Should fill port fans with dread.

That kf line just is going to get killed and port fans are going to suffer watching a team try to win games with them. Mitch will get ground to dust trying to win games off his own boot.

If Todd’s career gets nixxed, port just doesn’t have access to a gun kf anytime in the next few years so say goodbye to our current core, might as well tank and rebuild around jhf.

We might as well take a punt on luko getting 10% better when he arrives here.

3. We should be very nervous about trading soldo unless we’re certain vis is gonna be a gun next year or we’re getting something worth that risk back.

Trade anyone

Get as many picks as possible.

**** off everyone we possibly can from the football department - coaches, fitness staff, recruiters, nutrition, player welfare freaks and start the **** again.

This is beyond a joke, beyond embarrassing.

DO NOT appoint Josh Carr unless you want much of the same for the next 10 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back