List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't remember who it was but someone here said we have given Dixon a contract for next year. I hope that contract is to not play as a footballer but to help at the bar or something. After that game, if anyone thinks Dixon has a year left in him, they're absolutely dreaming.

He can sign up and play for our Magpies side.
Dixon should absolutely not play for the Magpies.

If that performance doesn't decide it for Perryman, Cumming, Luko and Richards, then next week for sure will. Probs also convinced Houston now because Dees look more stable now and we are about to fire our coach

Doesn't matter what we do with our list.
Until theres changes made at the top we will keep getting the same results.
Agreed, start from the top and then work out our playing list. The problem for the next coach is who to cull, and how do we replace them as there is no trade value for our spuds. Our draft picks is also compromised, so a youthful rebuild wont be possible either.

I pity the next coach as they will struggle to put together a team that will be competitive going forward. Its going to take at least 5 years to weed out the no hope'rs and inject some youthful competitive beasts.

I agree changes at the top.

History is littered with average lists and players becoming Premiership sides with a new coach, look at Pies circa 2023.

We are currently mentally weak against any quality opposition in pressure games. The messaging is all wrong pre game. We need to flush out the modern hipsters coaching and get former players back involved to help install the beliefs our former club had. They are watching, surely if asked they would help. Hinkley has never wanted help.

It's disgusting.

Dixon has to go, play Rat or Dixon, not both, I'd play rat and yes Marshal would be better even if for a quarter.

Narkle, Evans, McKentee can not play anymore and merely are list fillers. Opportunity missed not rotating our young draftees through one of these positions this season. Ana, Lorenz, Jackson, give them a crack.

We really need Lord to come on or we are screwed.

List changes could be plenty, below just a start
1. Cluery
2. McKenzie
3. Narkle
4. McKentee
5. Evans
6. Dixon
7. Maybe Boak

There are gaps in the list , but last night was so much more than personnel. The turn around in form and style of play from the previous leadup weeks, compared with last night was amazing ,however it has becomt sadly predictable under the club as it stands.
While we have personnel who aren’t up to AFL standard, the main issue is mental. We can add all the missing pieces we want year after year, but it won’t achieve shit until we change the soft loser culture that’s been allowed to fester at the club. That starts at the top. I would argue Geelong are a team of B and C graders, but they’re coached to be better than that.

History is littered with average lists and players becoming Premiership sides with a new coach, look at Pies circa 2023.

We are currently mentally weak against any quality opposition in pressure games. The messaging is all wrong pre game. We need to flush out the modern hipsters coaching and get former players back involved to help install the beliefs our former club had. They are watching, surely if asked they would help. Hinkley has never wanted help.

It's disgusting.

Dixon has to go, play Rat or Dixon, not both, I'd play rat and yes Marshal would be better even if for a quarter.

Narkle, Evans, McKentee can not play anymore and merely are list fillers. Opportunity missed not rotating our young draftees through one of these positions this season. Ana, Lorenz, Jackson, give them a crack.

1. Cluery
2. McKenzie
3. Narkle
4. McKentee
5. Evans
6. Dixon
7. Maybe Boak
Adelaide ‘96

Anyone seen reports of us being interested in o'driscoll from Fremantle? Couldn't see it on this board unless i missed it

Sent from my SM-A556E using Tapatalk

Anyone seen reports of us being interested in o'driscoll from Fremantle? Couldn't see it on this board unless i missed it

Sent from my SM-A556E using Tapatalk

It was a few pages back, but yes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's disgusting.

1. Cluery
2. McKenzie
3. Narkle
4. McKentee
5. Evans
6. Dixon
7. Maybe Boak

Have a look at Hawthorn’s list and tell me that it is better than ours. Or Geelong’s.

Sure McEntee, Francis Evans and Narkle are average at best, but are guys like Mannagh, Close, Frost, Chol - hardly world beaters. Amartey, Melican, etc etc etc.

It’s clear that our system isn’t sustainable against quality sides or in finals. We keep trying to craft the ‘list’, which we should, but I think Scott, Longmire, Kingsley, Hardwick (maybe not anymore), McRae, Mitchell - all could have got more out of this list. Mitchell is doing it against a premiership coach right now whilst Scott did it last night.

We need fresh views but some of the attitude, passion and style of yesteryear wouldn’t go astray.

We also need a new mental health/performance coach/mentor/guru.

Anyone think with the impending straight sets exit and Daddy finally being shot into the sun we need to go on a bit of a fire sale for picks?

Carr needs something longer term before our current crop of 23-26 year olds are too old to be playing peak footy are gone

Houston
Soldo
Bergman (not because he’s shit by any means but because he’s almost certainly gone by 2026)

For currency ?

Anyone think with the impending straight sets exit and Daddy finally being shot into the sun we need to go on a bit of a fire sale for picks?

Carr needs something longer term before our current crop of 23-26 year olds are too old to be playing peak footy are gone

Houston
Soldo
Bergman (not because he’s shit by any means but because he’s almost certainly gone by 2026)

For currency ?
No, the issue with our list is at the bottom end not the top end.

I think we'll turnover the older guys who will retire and then we will completely turnover the bottom 25 of our list over 4-5 years.

you’d think when Ken goes some of his ‘lads’ will probably go too? DBJ ect but so would Butters which would be sad.
I'd rather a broom than the same ****ing stink we have seen for too long.

Confident if we lose players because someone new comes in and actually applies standards, we were never winning anything with them anyway.

Heard today from a solid source that Scully is expecting to be delisted. Feels he may be a chance to remain if Hinkley does, but has been told he lacks the competitive drive and fight they want from him, and has the Post footy plan in place.
I think this is right.

Heard today from a solid source that Scully is expecting to be delisted. Feels he may be a chance to remain if Hinkley does, but has been told he lacks the competitive drive and fight they want from him, and has the Post footy plan in place.
Lacks the competitive drive and fight... 🤔 So what does he do about it? 😐 Proves them right I guess.

*I'm a fan of Scully.

Thats ****ed at least give him a crack at the top level!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back