List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Port needs:
  • Key Forward with marking and goal kicking capabilities.
  • Key Defender who stays on his man
  • Speedy Small Defender
  • Speedy Small Forward with X-Factor
  • Inside midfielder with contested ball winning capabilities.

We have some major deficiencies with the list. Got too many B and C grade players.

Perryman is good and he'll cover the loss of Houston pretty well.

I think we're generally fine aside from key forward.

We'll get a few back from injury that will pad holes. SPP, McKenzie and Finlayson for starters. SPP, Rioli and DBJ is a pretty good small forward line IMO.

I think we'll also need another AFL experienced ruckman on the list if Soldo leaves, just in case. Vis is solid but if Sweet missed significant time he's still very young and green to carry lead ruck duties.

Key forward is the problem though. Ratugolea should never play there, he's no good. Dixon is finished and should retire. Marshall has huge question marks over his health and probably should retire. I'd say if we can get Lukosius or another key forward, we should do so. Once again, we'll have to overpay, but at least this time it's not because we refused to develop anyone.

And hey, under a new coach who doesn't have us chipping hospital balls inside 50 as plan A, we might not even definitively need the 3rd key forward if we find a medium forward with marking strength.

This is a vital week for Port and the decision that is made in regards to Ken will have a massive say on our list management strategy going into October.

Personally think if Ken stays, we'll mortgage our future picks again.

If Carr is appointed, get a feeling they will go to the draft more rather than giving picks away

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back