Autopsy Swans end our 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

The comments about "didn't come to play" are bewildering to me. Dominated the centre bounce, and plus inside 50s however blind Freddy could see the kryptonite of the game plan was 50 meter 30 meter high bombs into the 50...
what the actual **** is that game plan?
Hacking to packs and winning the inside 50 stat (despite getting beaten on the scoreboard) is Hinkley-ball.

It doesn't stand up in finals. We almost choked it away vs Hawthorn last week doing the same thing. If Dixon played, we probs do lose that game.

The comments about "didn't come to play" are bewildering to me. Dominated the centre bounce, and plus inside 50s however blind Freddy could see the kryptonite of the game plan was 50 meter 30 meter high bombs into the 50...
Hinkleyball, trademarked since 2013. Coming to your footy club in 2025.

I called the game was over when Burton took a mark on outer HBF, near NE corner of the square with 27 seconds of the first quarter to go.

Instead of going down the line towards the outer boundary line and kill the clock, we had the momentum, he goes for a 45 degree kick to Narkle, puts it up high , a tall swans player spoils, nother swans player comes in and attacks ground ball, Narkle on the ground tries to get hold of it, umpire pays a BS free and they quickly get it to Papely, He marks, siren goes and he nails the goal.

We handed momentum to Swans.

We have not learnt a thing.. Thats why I knew the game was over.

Last edited:
We won the ball at the coalface, but the defensive pressure was non existent. We let them get comfortable and work into their uncontested play groove. It was a completely different level of effort to the Hawks game.

I can't express enough how bored I am with Geelong and Sydney.

And now we have a resurgent Hawthorn to look forward to.

Don't know why I still bother with this league.

I am PRAYING the Lions get up. I cannot think of a more boring grand final of every possible 18 team combination than Geelong vs Sydney. Sydney make one every few years because of the biggest leg up in the AFL and Geelong are just boring ever since they got over the hump in 2022 and will never be bad as long as Chris Scott is coach. I really wanted Port to win for just something different.

Did he get them to ground ? One hand grabs to the jumper don't count.
He's the softest captain we've ever had.
You don't want to take them to the ground mate - you might get rubbed out.
You know, JBF only had 5 tackles over the same 3 games - against the 20 for Rozee.

Didn't mention that...

That's right, too busy he's carrying the side :rolleyes:

He missed SEVERAL. Go back and watch the tape and watch players run through his tackles constantly. Rozee is a horrendous tackler, he costs us regularly when he has opponents done cold but they just waltz through his weak efforts.
He's had more tackles in this finals series than any other Port players, what does that say for everyone else?
You go back and watch the tape and tell me how many other players have missed SEVERAL.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Swans end our 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back