Autopsy Swans end our 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Those saying boak needs to retire are off their heads. Yes turnovers are real momentum killers, and he gave Sydney a few goals. But was easily one of the best tonight. And there were many times he saved us getting goals kicked against us like when he recovered aliirs kick across goal, and managed to save that 2 on 1 in Sydneys forward pocket. As well as this he can take all the boys on his trip so they actually put in some effort for once and run on defence. He will be important next year to get the boys in shape, as well as a mentor for the younger players. He will still always be miles ahead of narklez Evans, mcentee, dbj, Burton,and even BTZ of his piss poor performance tonight. (To be fair Burton was decent but he has not spot when Farrell or Houston come back, or if they both come back)

G'day, I come in peace, I hope you don't mind me sharing a view..

I don't reckon Hinkley's Port teams are far off Glory at all - but Ken himself needs to recognize when and where he should be backing his experienced players.

Charlie Dixon hasn't been quite the AFL mean for a KF for a while now.
Not sure why he is being persisted with.

Ollie Wines/Travis Boak - time to move on.

I'm not sure what the club is doing with Ratugolea; I see the potential just like Chris Scott and Kenny H have seen, but he needs to be deployed very specifically, much like Blicavs (who was questioned heavily prior to his 2022 Premiership medal).

Can't have the likes of Frank Evans as your sub in a Preliminary Final moving forward; that's just poor list management.

We're gonna get pumped in a GF and you guys can come on our board and humbly suggest means of improvement.

As a club 0-4 in away prelims, 56, 44, 36 point losses and 1 really brilliant 3 point loss. Just shows how near impossible it is to win an away prelim, yet we've coughed up 2 of them.

This is wrong. It shows how near impossible it is for us to win an away prelim, others have no problem. For example ...

'03 Brisbane d Sydney
'04 Brisbane d Geelong
'05 Sydney d St Kilda
'06 West Coast d Adelaide
'15 Hawthorn d Fremantle
'16 Sydney d Geelong
'16 Bulldogs d GWS
'19 GWS d Collingwood
'20 Richmond d Port
'20 Geelong d Brisbane
'21 Bulldogs d Port

11 times in 22 seasons with the strong possibility of another tomorrow. A very high number considering that plenty of prelims are neutral games between two Victorian teams. Our inability to win finals of any sort against any opposition at any venue with any coach and any group of players is unique and stark.

I don't reckon Hinkley's Port teams are far off Glory at all - but Ken himself needs to recognize when and where he should be backing his experienced players.

I'm not sure what the club is doing with Ratugolea; I see the potential just like Chris Scott and Kenny H have seen, but he needs to be deployed very specifically, much like Blicavs (who was questioned heavily prior to his 2022 Premiership medal).

Can't have the likes of Frank Evans as your sub in a Preliminary Final moving forward; that's just poor list management.

We're gonna get pumped in a GF and you guys can come on our board and humbly suggest means of improvement.

4000% disagree on Boak and Wines.
Your comment is clearly based on 1 game, not the whole season

100% agree with the rest of your post

You won't even make the GF

Off of the Boak turnovers, and onto Mead. I mean Mead has been terrible the whole back part of the year, what I don't get, is for such a natural footballer, that's probably grown up kicking balls in his sleep, how is he such a BAD kick! The amount of balls that slide off his boot is just ridiculous. He's supposed to be a good kick and if he wants to play, he needs to be far more effective. Right now he is nowhere near it.

Never want to see Burton and boak in the side again, literally killed the momentum at the start and they never looked back.

forward line has some serious issues also

Nice night to sit and watch footy for the first time at the SCG, nice oval. I can see higher up is better.

Boak and Dixon rubbish. I may cop this but Drew lacks a bit in finals. But so do a lot.

Sydney played 4 forwards high and cleared out their 50, they also collapsed deep back into our 50 knowing we would bomb it.

Once again, why didn’t we have music and athmosphere on our goals like Sydney? Same with Hawks last week! Strange.

It’s a real shame we are a Vic club where we get 10 free ins row and frees infront of goals to help us reclaim momentum.

Sydney’s dead eye conversion put the first nail in our coffin.

Alir a beast, you will still my girlfriend I suspect, she loves you!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is what we do. We loose. We know the coach sucks and the reason we lost is his dumbarse game plan that he keeps flogging like the ghost of phar lap, but because we all know that there'll be no change there we start going in on players who have been great players for us even though there's ample evidence that the "system" we played tonight hasn't worked with squads of different players over the years and would make Gary Abblett Jnr look ordinary. I can't judge anyone until Ken is gone.

Off of the Boak turnovers, and onto Mead. I mean Mead has been terrible the whole back part of the year, what I don't get, is for such a natural footballer, that's probably grown up kicking balls in his sleep, how is he such a BAD kick! The amount of balls that slide off his boot is just ridiculous. He's supposed to be a good kick and if he wants to play, he needs to be far more effective. Right now he is nowhere near it.

Inaccurate, loopy kicks, and has no distance. I just don't get it.

And it's not like his kicking technique is cooked like Esava.

Thank **** thats the last we'll see of Dixon. Hope we change enough around the club that he never comes back. **** Chadbro off too. Guess the fans were right after all.

As much as I am pissed off, there are some positives. Sweet has been massive in the ruck as the year has gone on, Jase Burgoyne been great, Jones improving and George has had a great season. With a decent coach and game plan, we have the core of a good young side.
We made a prelim on the back of talent, not game plan.

We clearly have talent.

Lorenz would have offered more tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Swans end our 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back