List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

This is what I would do:

DELIST - Boak, McKenzie, Dixon, K Marshall (Rookied), Charleson (Rookied)

TRADE OUT - Houston, Clurey

TRADE/FA IN - Perryman, Richards

UPGRADE - McEntee, L Evans

If we get Richards then delist McEntee

I'd be happy to, but I believe he either has to be upgraded or delisted now, so depends on our salary cap if we can pay out his contract

Don't see why they would upgrade L Evans unless they had to either. May as well sit him on the rookie list as long as possible. There is no downside

Don't see why they would upgrade L Evans unless they had to either. May as well sit him on the rookie list as long as possible. There is no downside

He's proven he can play at the level and has probably earnt it. I reckon if you do the right thing by players, they more often than not do the right thing by you.

I have a feeling Houston will stay on at Port. They'll get Perryman and possibly Cummin as well as free agents. Possibly Richards too and if true, Barret in draft with father sons potentially on rookie.

In saying that, rough set out next season. Open to input.

FB PERRYMAN BZT JONES
HB FARRELL ALIIR HOUSTON
C BURGOYNE WINES BERGMAN
HF ROZEE MARSHALL SPP
FF GEORGIADES ESAVA RIOLI
FOLL SWEET BUTTERS JHF

INT DREW MEAD DBJ L.EVANS BURTON BOAK LORD FINLAYSON NARKLE LORENZ ANASTASOPOULUS (CUMMING RICHARDS BARRETT)

RETIRED
  • DIXON
  • MCKENZIE

DELISTED
- MCCALLUM

TRADE
- CLUREY

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENT LEAVING
- FRANKIE EVANS

He's proven he can play at the level and has probably earnt it. I reckon if you do the right thing by players, they more often than not do the right thing by you.
It has absolutely zero impact to his remuneration. There is no change to him outside of a list designation which I am sure no one cares about or even is aware of outside of the football club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure if Lord has it as a big powerful forward, which is where the next opening will be as I can't see him above any of the other forwards except as a Dixon replacement.

Wonder if he would have any defender attributes as Aliir is getting on in age, otherwise I would look to move him on.

If Boak retires or plays on as backup/leadership, I'd keep Narkle on as well as the other few zippy lads in the magoos, Alphabet, Lorenz, Jackson and Charleson, but a call needs to be made to move on one of these.

I'm not sure if Lord has it as a big powerful forward, which is where the next opening will be as I can't see him above any of the other forwards except as a Dixon replacement.

Wonder if he would have any defender attributes as Aliir is getting on in age, otherwise I would look to move him on.

If Boak retires or plays on as backup/leadership, I'd keep Narkle on as well as the other few zippy lads in the magoos, Alphabet, Lorenz, Jackson and Charleson, but a call needs to be made to move on one of these.

Lord still has massive potential. He just has to get that mentality right and confidence. Focus on his position and role and the ball. He has seemed to let defenders get inside his head a bit this year so again, focus on himself and the ball. Hopefully some better leading and forward craft too.

It has absolutely zero impact to his remuneration. There is no change to him outside of a list designation which I am sure no one cares about or even is aware of outside of the football club.

A new contract would allow you to consider his remuneration and tenure.

We have met with Jack Lukosius and the tabled Joe Richards deal is for three year (and not four).

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back