List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel like there isn’t enough recognition of how good Harry Perryman is in the thread. He does every facet of the game well.

I’m sure we’ll deploy him on Boak’s wing next year.

I feel like the Crows are always interested in the players we show interest in. Is it too hard for them to think on their own?
A big like joining the national competition, it’s in their DNA, move to Adelaide Oval, the list goes on…..

Well they've been into Perryman well before the possibility of Houston leaving entered the equation.

I'll say this though - one of the big drawcards for Perryman coming to Port is Ken. Both Carr and Hinkley were part of the pitch to Perryman - but my mail is that Perryman was incredibly impressed with Ken.
Good sign Carr was included in the pitch. Hinkley's "pitching" has never been an issue. The football coach thingy is.

Good sign Carr was included in the pitch. Hinkley's "pitching" has never been an issue. The football coach thingy is.
What wouldn’t be to love about the pitch?

“Come to Port, get paid well with little expectations from the top brass, make some great mates at the club and in the media. Find your true calling for once footy is done, we really look at the holistic lifestyle approach to life to produce the best humans possible at Port. Where do you want to play? Ohh you can’t commit to preseason, yeah not a worry. You have a weekend trip away to do some recreational activities for your friends 23rd birthday up the river, easy, don’t jump behind a speedboat - if you do don’t be seen, the supporters get a bit silly at times. Do you enjoy a flutter on the Horses or Dogs? Brilliant we are buying a pooch next week if you want in?”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perryman would be a very good get for us for free so to speak.

Can play anywhere and if I remember, good in the clutch.

Hard as nails and Port views him as a leader. Very well regarded internally at GWS but they completely botched the contract negotiations with him, which is why he's likely going to end up at Port.

I remember crowie and the media all saying Polec was a definite to go to the crows.

I don't believe any of the media until it happens.
They offered more money, so I don't blame them for thinking they were in the box seat.

They offered more money, so I don't blame them for thinking they were in the box seat.

they will in all likelihood do the same again for Luko. His decision will be interesting, according to "Rowie" they are 1 bad trade period away from being a laughing stock.... would you want to take that risk of another 4 years not making it.

they will in all likelihood do the same again for Luko. His decision will be interesting, according to "Rowie" they are 1 bad trade period away from being a laughing stock.... would you want to take that risk of another 4 years not making it.
Personally I'm not paying 1mil for Luko, crows can have him.

Personally I'm not paying 1mil for Luko, crows can have him.
Neither am I, so I imagine any pitch we make is longer tenure with reduces $

I’m going to assume our pursuit of Perryman is birthed out of the knowledge that Houston is well & truly out the door.

The Luko situation is interesting, not sure his profile is a pressing need for us if we persist with Marshall.

I’m going to assume our pursuit of Perryman is birthed out of the knowledge that Houston is well & truly out the door.

The Luko situation is interesting, not sure his profile is a pressing need for us if we persist with Marshall.

Your assumption is wrong. Port have been interested in Perryman for multiple years in the lead up to his free agency. Has zilch to do with Houston but is obviously a very good offsetting acquisition in the event Houston were to leave.

It has nothing to do with Houston they are completely different issues. They won't play the same position or role.

Last edited:
By the way if I put myself in Houston's shoes I would 100% be doing, what Houston is doing. **** Davies, and as far as I'm concerned the club should pay up. This should be his peak contract, he's likely to be 2 x All Australian in this contract and he's getting paid a lot less than what he would be worth on the open market. And I mean a real lot.

Houston showed great loyalty signing a long-term deal when he did. How about some loyalty going the other way.

By the way if I put myself in Houston's shoes I would 100% be doing, what Houston is doing. **** Davies, and as far as I'm concerned the club should pay up. This should be his peak contract, he's likely to be 2 x All Australian in this contract and he's getting paid a lot less than what he would be worth on the open market. And I mean a real lot.

Houston showed great loyalty signing a long-term deal when he did. How about some loyalty going the other way.
Thats what happens when you sign a contract.

You reduce downside risk but limit upside opportunity.

Its not like we asked Tom Rockliff to take a pay cut because he wasn't performing. Or Scott Lycett in his last two years at the club.

Last edited:
Trade bell on SEN Melbourne said Houston is interested in St Kilda. They said he played junior footy with Jack Silvagni (Carlton link) and also knows SOS well.
St Kilda have a lot of attractive tradable pieces for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back