List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade bell on SEN Melbourne said Houston is interested in St Kilda. They said he played junior footy with Jack Silvagni (Carlton link) and also knows SOS well.
St Kilda have a lot of attractive tradable pieces for us.

So, SOS might get he’s wish after all.

By the way if I put myself in Houston's shoes I would 100% be doing, what Houston is doing. **** Davies, and as far as I'm concerned the club should pay up. This should be his peak contract, he's likely to be 2 x All Australian in this contract and he's getting paid a lot less than what he would be worth on the open market. And I mean a real lot.

Houston showed great loyalty signing a long-term deal when he did. How about some loyalty going the other way.
No thanks. Dangerous precedent to set. Have a good year and we’ll give you more money. That’s not how list management works.
If we don’t get 2 first rounders, Dan stays for another year or 2.

Trade bell on SEN Melbourne said Houston is interested in St Kilda. They said he played junior footy with Jack Silvagni (Carlton link) and also knows SOS well.
St Kilda have a lot of attractive tradable pieces for us.

Saints we can deal with.

1. They have the picks and historically Ross Lyon prefers players over picks.

2. They have an interest in Soldo as well.

Thats what happens when you sign a contract.

You reduce downside risk but limit upside opportunity.

Its not like we asked Tom Rockliff to take a pay cut because he wasn't performing. Or Scott Lycett in his last two years at the club.
Houston has signed a contract before the new TV rights deal was signed. Do you think Perryman could have asked for $900k a couple years ago. Houston didn't have to sign a long term deal but did it because he wants to play for Port. At his next contract he will be 31 and will not have the chance to get a big money deal.

He deserves the money because his performance is outstanding and his pay is average at best.

Houston has signed a contract before the new TV rights deal was signed. Do you think Perryman could have asked for $900k a couple years ago. Houston didn't have to sign a long term deal but did it because he wants to play for Port. At his next contract he will be 31 and will not have the chance to get a big money deal.

He deserves the money because his performance is outstanding and his pay is average at best.
Should ask for a new manager then if he didnt have a tpi clause

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hilarious these guys who have no sympathy and say Houston should honour the contract. I bet these guys who moan like **** if they were being paid 10k less than what they are worth, but expect Houston to lose hundreds of thousand dollars per season.

I have wondered whether the chase of Perryman has impacted on Houston's desire to remain at Port. If he got wind that we are throwing money at a half back flanker that is more than what he is on yet nowhere near what he has produced then you can understand why he'd be questioning his worth, particularly if there is a club in his home state willing to renegotiate his contract.

But i also think if that were the case the club would at least look at restructuring his deal, and it might simply be a case of him wanting to return home.

I have wondered whether the chase of Perryman has impacted on Houston's desire to remain at Port. If he got wind that we are throwing money at a half back flanker that is more than what he is on yet nowhere near what he has produced then you can understand why he'd be questioning his worth, particularly if there is a club in his home state willing to renegotiate his contract.

But i also think if that were the case the club would at least look at restructuring his deal, and it might simply be a case of him wanting to return home.
Here's the question: What do you think Victorian clubs are offering Houston (what is his market rate)?

Plenty of people stay in lower paying jobs because they like where they are.
I’m also not looking for work if I signed for 4 years.
I don’t think Dan is playing for free FYI.

People's salaries also aren't front or back loaded so it's not a reasonable comparison to make.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back