List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Well chewy said we wanted to get a lot of picks before Tasmania enters and takes a lot of them
Which is why I was thinking we would target only FA and take all the picks we get to the draft even if they were late ones. That's certainly the way I'd do it. I think we have a youngish list with healthy amount of experience so yeah definitely go to the draft before Tassie comes in. Must keep a F1 next year

Have always liked O’driscoll

9ecd70590a54bab89b36e8ff8cc4ab49.jpg

I just can't fathom how essentiallyJosh Battle for Houston is all hunky dory in the Vic media, meanwhile Rioli nets what? 2 firsts.......

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
It is Battle compo pick 8 + change, where the change could be first rounder next year; or, maybe we get lucky do a Wingard and ping one of the SA boys on the Saints list (as the change).

Where without the Battle compo, the Saints don't make the starting grid.

It is Battle compo pick 8 + change, where the change could be first rounder next year; or, maybe we get lucky do a Wingard and ping one of the SA boys on the Saints list (as the change).

Where without the Battle compo, the Saints don't make the starting grid.

Saints obviously haven't said anything and won't. Ross Lyon likes and needs players not picks.

Pick 8 no problem.

Then Port need an outcome with the second part of the deal.

Soldo isn't emergency this week. I see that as he's gone and we are keeping safe and sound for trade. I believe he only has nominal value. We win with him off the books but clubs will look at his durability.

We need a developing Ruck.

Soldo with a second round pick might suit West Coast if Harry Barrett wants to come home. Soldo alone doesn't do it.

If Port want Barrett.

If Port want Alex Dodson we have to get Saints next year first and if Port add Soldo to the deal with the Saints which makes that more than reasonable for their 1st next year we should be able to trade that 1st in to this year for Dodson.

Port end up with 8 ( Hotton?) and one of Dodson or Barrett.

I'd be ok with that as an outcome.
I don't see playing hardball with Soldo as realistic. You might get one good year, you might get half a year. He's a punt for another club and you are selling him on price and value adding to something else.

Kingy and Ralphy absolutely hate us.

Kingy mainly since JHF left from North but Ralphy has been against us for a long reason. Not too sure why but he's always the first to go in hard for maximum suspension penalties against our players compared to any other teams.

Maybe since we smacked Richmond in that Elimination Final as he's a mad Richmond nuffie supporter.

I’ll never forgive him for trying to get Ladhams rubbed out for the 2020 GF for just touching a Richmond player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints obviously haven't said anything and won't. Ross Lyon likes and needs players not picks.

Pick 8 no problem.

Soldo isn't emergency this week. I see that as he's gone and we are keeping safe and sound for trade. I believe he only has nominal value. We win with him off the books but clubs will look at his durability.

Soldo with a second round pick might suit West Coast if Harry Barrett wants to come home. Soldo alone doesn't do it.

If Port want Barrett.

If Port want Alex Dodson we have to get Saints next year first and if Port add Soldo to the deal with the Saints which makes that more than reasonable for their 1st next year we should be able to trade that 1st in to this year for Dodson.

I don't see playing hardball with Soldo as realistic. You might get one good year, you might get half a year. He's a punt for another club and you are selling him on price and value adding to something else.

Why would we need to get soldo off the books? He wouldn’t be on that much at all. sweet soldo and vis would be one of the cheaper ruck units going around. There’s zero reason we need him off the books lol, especially when we would need to bring in a ruck to replace him (2 rucks on a list is absolutely not enough).

The only reason we have to trade soldo is

A) we get something of value to us , taking into consideration we need to then headhunt, pay (wage) and possibly pay for (trade) a replacement.

B) soldo wants out and we want to help him

Now that doesn’t mean a team should or would give us something great for him, there’s reason for caution on their end. As an always injured ruck he shouldn’t have much value.

But we cannot and should not give him up for peanuts, it’s just very counterproductive.

Why would we need to get soldo off the books? He wouldn’t be on that much at all. sweet soldo and vis would be one of the cheaper ruck units going around. There’s zero reason we need him off the books lol, especially when we would need to bring in a ruck to replace him (2 rucks on a list is absolutely not enough).

The only reason we have to trade soldo is

A) we get something of value to us , taking into consideration we need to then headhunt, pay (wage) and possibly pay for (trade) a replacement.

B) soldo wants out and we want to help him

Now that doesn’t mean a team should or would give us something great for him, there’s reason for caution on their end. As an always injured ruck he shouldn’t have much value.

But we cannot and should not give him up for peanuts, it’s just very counterproductive.

He's not likely to be 3rd ruck and be happy here. I can see he could think life was better in Melbourne.

He has to be on 650k I would think that's significant. He's not durable I can see the possibility he's unable to play while still having a fair chunk of contract left.

Pick up Barnett he could play next year at a pinch.

Sweet/Dante/Barnett/Finlayson /Scully

Scully should get a contract.

I think Soldo's best value to Port is getting deals done.

He's not likely to be 3rd ruck and be happy here. I can see he could think life was better in Melbourne.

He has to be on 650k I would think that's significant. He's not durable I can see the possibility he's unable to play while still having a fair chunk of contract left.

Pick up Barnett he could play next year at a pinch.

Sweet/Dante/Barnett/Finlayson /Scully

Scully should get a contract.

I think Soldo's best value to Port is getting deals done.

Where are you getting $650k from? That’s total guesswork on your behalf. **** , we don’t even know what contracts afl rucks are signing nowadays to compare it to.

There’s no reason to expect he’s on big $.

We didn’t have to rely on dollars to woo him, as you point out he came here for the chance to play 1st ruck.

There’s zero , absolutely zero evidence to make a definitive statement that we need to get him off the books.

Whatever we’re paying him, the ruck we have to recruit to replace him barring a rookie draftee, which isn’t really feasible anyway, will likely be on somewhere between 70% to 120% of his wage anyway.

The idea we can recruit a ready made backup ruck, on a significantly cheaper deal than we recruited soldo, a ready made depth ruck at Richmond when the salary cap, and player wage demands are getting higher is lacking in logic.

There’s logic in moving soldo on for a developing ruck, it’s an idea of been pushing for a while. There’s no basis to claim we “need” to get soldo off our books.

Pick 8 no problem.

If Port want Barrett.

Soldo wife no longer lives in Adelaide where he or a round two pick for Solda, may facilitate the Luco trade

Last edited:
Where are you getting $650k from? That’s total guesswork on your behalf. **** , we don’t even know what contracts afl rucks are signing nowadays to compare it to.

There’s no reason to expect he’s on big $.

We didn’t have to rely on dollars to woo him, as you point out he came here for the chance to play 1st ruck.

There’s zero , absolutely zero evidence to make a definitive statement that we need to get him off the books.

Whatever we’re paying him, the ruck we have to recruit to replace him barring a rookie draftee, which isn’t really feasible anyway, will likely be on somewhere between 70% to 120% of his wage anyway.

The idea we can recruit a ready made backup ruck, on a significantly cheaper deal than we recruited soldo, a ready made depth ruck at Richmond when the salary cap, and player wage demands are getting higher is lacking in logic.

There’s logic in moving soldo on for a developing ruck, it’s an idea of been pushing for a while. There’s no basis to claim we “need” to get soldo off our books.
Be realistic, Soldo would be on a good wicket. He didn’t move interstate while contracted for chump change.

Be realistic, Soldo would be on a good wicket. He didn’t move interstate while contracted for chump change.

He moved cause he was 3rd in line at Richmond and only had 1 year left on his deal.

If he didn’t play much in the last year of his deal his next offer would have been pretty low, so would have been a huge risk to stay.

I’ve never said he’s on peanuts , but there’s no reason to suggest he’s on the sort of coin that we need to get him off the cap.

And as I’ve said, if he leaves, we need to replace him so how does the logic work that in order to recruit a 3rd in line ruck here we had to pay him a mint, but to recruit a ruck to replace him we can get someone so significantly cheaper as to provide cap relief ?

That doesn’t add up.

I think the Suns are desperate to move Lukosius on. I appreciate they are saying they are happy to keep him and will only trade him for the right price (whatever that is), but I think they want him gone. They have also told Malcolm Rosas and Jy Farrar to look around, and they both have contracts. So a bit of a clean out at the Suns.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back