List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

I see Scully has found his way into the too hard basket.

We’ve pumped hundreds of games in to very limited forwards but can’t even find a one year minimum wage contract for a player with actual talent.

Edit: we’ve also pumped hundreds of games into uncompetitive footballers.
He's not 'definitely' gone. But let's just say he knows his future is borderline at best.

you’d think when Ken goes some of his ‘lads’ will probably go too? DBJ ect but so would Butters which would be sad.
Anyone who wants to leave because Hinkley is gone should be encouraged to speak up so a suitable trade can be arranged. Just don't want any surprises that end up seeing us screwed. Not sure if Dangerfield went down like that but they got screwed.

It would be madness to delist Scully before giving him another season under a coach with competitive drive.

Imagine having Hartlett and Hinkley as your mentors.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Also he has played in a top heavy forward line in a team that has finished bottom. How much performance can you expect?

Heard today from a solid source that Scully is expecting to be delisted. Feels he may be a chance to remain if Hinkley does, but has been told he lacks the competitive drive and fight they want from him, and has the Post footy plan in place.
Sounds like they’re describing Hinkley

I see Scully has found his way into the too hard basket.

We’ve pumped hundreds of games in to very limited forwards but can’t even find a one year minimum wage contract for a player with actual talent.

Edit: we’ve also pumped hundreds of games into uncompetitive footballers.

Not offering Scully a contract while we pump games into Evans mcintee and narkle, what in the ****.

Have a look at Hawthorn’s list and tell me that it is better than ours. Or Geelong’s.

Sure McEntee, Francis Evans and Narkle are average at best, but are guys like Mannagh, Close, Frost, Chol - hardly world beaters. Amartey, Melican, etc etc etc.

It’s clear that our system isn’t sustainable against quality sides or in finals. We keep trying to craft the ‘list’, which we should, but I think Scott, Longmire, Kingsley, Hardwick (maybe not anymore), McRae, Mitchell - all could have got more out of this list. Mitchell is doing it against a premiership coach right now whilst Scott did it last night.

We need fresh views but some of the attitude, passion and style of yesteryear wouldn’t go astray.

We also need a new mental health/performance coach/mentor/guru.

It's the system & structure. In other words, absolute SHIT coaching from all bar midfield. Chad Cornes needs to be sacked at the end of this season and I believe Goldsack too. Hawks have been coached excellent on the defensive and backing and especially kick outs. I can tell so why can't ports coaches tell? They use decoys and cluster certain sides/areas then have 1 or 2 roughly going to where its being kicked and usually on the run with plenty of room. Whilst using decoy players to distract. It's obvious as ****. Good strategy. Port and majority of others just look for a good leading target and go then go the next step... nothing is pre planned, pre drilled or orchestrated at all.... how that's even possible in PROFESSIONAL AFL teams is beyond belief.

Ports forward line is just shit. No leads except Georgiades.. toddy did too BUT they don't ****ing separate... no body decoys... and the worst is no bloody small,medium forward bloody gets in crumbing position. They just watch like stunned mullets.

Hence why Cornes needs to be sacked.

It's not just Kenny....

If these players were serious, they'd be running the whole game regardless of being stuffed. Leading...running past... always moving and above all always defending.

We've seen glimpses of this but that's it.

It's on the players now not Ken.

It's the system & structure. In other words, absolute SHIT coaching from all bar midfield. Chad Cornes needs to be sacked at the end of this season and I believe Goldsack too. Hawks have been coached excellent on the defensive and backing and especially kick outs. I can tell so why can't ports coaches tell? They use decoys and cluster certain sides/areas then have 1 or 2 roughly going to where its being kicked and usually on the run with plenty of room. Whilst using decoy players to distract. It's obvious as ****. Good strategy. Port and majority of others just look for a good leading target and go then go the next step... nothing is pre planned, pre drilled or orchestrated at all.... how that's even possible in PROFESSIONAL AFL teams is beyond belief.

Ports forward line is just shit. No leads except Georgiades.. toddy did too BUT they don't ****ing separate... no body decoys... and the worst is no bloody small,medium forward bloody gets in crumbing position. They just watch like stunned mullets.

Hence why Cornes needs to be sacked.

It's not just Kenny....

If these players were serious, they'd be running the whole game regardless of being stuffed. Leading...running past... always moving and above all always defending.

We've seen glimpses of this but that's it.

It's on the players now not Ken.
I'm not prepared to judge any of the assistant coaches until Hinkley is gone. His philosophy LOL is so ingrained in the way we play its impossible to judge the others.

I'm not prepared to judge any of the assistant coaches until Hinkley is gone. His philosophy LOL is so ingrained in the way we play its impossible to judge the others.

Just because Kenny is head coach doesn't mean he gives the full structure of forward line. That's on Chad and they work as a collective to do what's best BUT it's still Chad that works with the forwards and drills them. He's clearly shit. I could do a ****ing better job than him and goldsack defensively and for less coin than these guys are on.

Just because Kenny is head coach doesn't mean he gives the full structure of forward line. That's on Chad and they work as a collective to do what's best BUT it's still Chad that works with the forwards and drills them. He's clearly shit. I could do a ****ing better job than him and goldsack defensively and for less coin than these guys are on.
Chad Cornes took us to a Grand Final in the SANFL as coach when he had responsibility for the team.

I know only this, kick it long to Charlie has been around longer than Chad Cornes has been forward coach.

Hinkley is ultimately responsible and all he and his sycophants do is deflect the blame to others and people like you swallow the hook. And as for coin I doubt they are as highly paid as you might expect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chad Cornes took us to a Grand Final in the SANFL as coach when he had responsibility for the team.

I know only this, kick it long to Charlie has been around longer than Chad Cornes has been forward coach.

Hinkley is ultimately responsible and all he and his sycophants do is deflect the blame to others and people like you swallow the hook. And as for coin I doubt they are as highly paid as you might expect.

Look, you clearly just want to blame Ken 100% when it's not him that's 100% to blame ffs... you'd know that if you had an IQ higher than a potato 🤦

Kenny is at fault, yes, BUT it's the other coaches who COACH and DRILL their players in their positions. Not hard to fathom.

Who cares if Chad coached well in the SANFL. This is the AFL ffs... bigger difference.

Look, you clearly just want to blame Ken 100% when it's not him that's 100% to blame ffs... you'd know that if you had an IQ higher than a potato 🤦

Kenny is at fault, yes, BUT it's the other coaches who COACH and DRILL their players in their positions. Not hard to fathom.

Who cares if Chad coached well in the SANFL. This is the AFL ffs... bigger difference.
Seriously read the shit you are posting...please.... you're embarrassing yourself.

Last edited:

Of course it’s the whole system.

Point is that ethos, the vibe, the focus, for the organisation comes from the top.

Our current plan seems to be focused on forward fifty retention and aggressive ball movement from the backline. It’s been that way for probably 8 ish years, after we switched from the slingshot style of Ken’s early years. I’m not sure how to rate our current assistant group but they’ve managed to keep port in contention, with reasonable attacks and defences over the years regardless of personnel. But the challenges have remained despite different players and coaches - so who is to blame?

If the structure is down to Chad, is player output too? Rioli, Georgiades, DBJ, Lord, Marshall - all players that have been solid at times under Chad. Hell Dixon was in the top handful of rated forwards in the past few rounds.

Cumming is a really good player. Playing very well in this final on the wing. Big and strong and good skills. I would be prioritizing him first over Perryman.
Pretty sure GWS have offered Cummings a longer deal than Perryman. He is looking a strong, running type.

No player serious about winning a premiership would want to come port after that disgusting display on Thursday night.

Perryman will either stay at GWS or go to Hawthorn if he wants to win a flag. If he comes to port it’s only about collecting a bigger pay cheque

Think it's dependent on midfield time as that's what both (I believe) Perryman & Cummin want. I'm sure if Port were smart they'd want both & state they can play more midfield, as in wing and/or on ball. Burgoyne has definitely grown this year but he needs longer to play wing and port desperately need actual wingman. Bergs even wants more time midfield too so hopefully they sort out that backline so he's not needed there and he can play wing or on ball.

But you're right, it's also whether they want "success" and can see that at Port. Which is still a big possibility. Hawks they won't be playing midfield and guaranteed back.

Think it's dependent on midfield time as that's what both (I believe) Perryman & Cummin want. I'm sure if Port were smart they'd want both & state they can play more midfield, as in wing and/or on ball. Burgoyne has definitely grown this year but he needs longer to play wing and port desperately need actual wingman. Bergs even wants more time midfield too so hopefully they sort out that backline so he's not needed there and he can play wing or on ball.

But you're right, it's also whether they want "success" and can see that at Port. Which is still a big possibility. Hawks they won't be playing midfield and guaranteed back.
Don’t see Bergman ever being a midfielder he is bad below his knees. His in his perfect position now.

Let’s be honest, players want a big contract first and foremost, if they jag a premiership, then that’s the cherry on the cake.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Let’s be honest, players want a big contract first and foremost, if they jag a premiership, then that’s the cherry on the cake.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Not all but majority I'd agree.

Doesn't seem like Butters does or even JHF. They clearly both want premierships. Rozee yes, seems like he just wants stability and its a good paying job for him. He's a great player but he IMO doesn't have that premiership drive like the other 2. You could say over half, easily, don't care or follow the creed and its just a job for them. Unfortunately. You can think of it as a job that you get paid for but I would of thought they'd also have that want, to Win the flag as a team before anything else...

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back