List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

I think assuming we have a change of coach I think we are going to have a cleanout of our 20-44 range players. I think anyone whose contract is expiring this year or next is going to be in serious trouble.

Out (12)
Boak retired
Dixon retired
McKenzie retired
Clurey traded future 4th Round pick
Soldo traded 3rd Round pick 43
Houston traded 1st Round pick + future 2nd Round Pick
Williams traded 4th Round pick
F Evans delisted
Scully delisted
McCallum delisted
K Marshall delisted
Narkle delisted

In
Draft 1st Round (Houston)
Draft 2nd Round Pick 36
Draft 3rd Round Pick 43 (Soldo)
Draft 3rd Round Pick 54 used in pick swaps to get Lukosius
Draft 4th Round Pick used in pick swaps to get Lukosius
Lukosius picks to Gold Coast
Cumming free agency
Perryman free agency
Powell-Pepper off long term injury list
Barrett NGA
Montgomery FS
Burgoyne FS
Francou FS
Delisted Free Agent

Nobody will commit to the club until the coach issue is addressed.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The problem is the players love Ken and the player network will ensure that Ken is not an obstacle to players coming to Alberton. If only the p[layers wanted Ken gone that might ensure that Koch got rid of Ken.

I think assuming we have a change of coach I think we are going to have a cleanout of our 20-44 range players. I think anyone whose contract is expiring this year or next is going to be in serious trouble.

Out (12)
Boak retired
Dixon retired
McKenzie retired
F Evans delisted
Scully delisted
McCallum delisted
K Marshall delisted
Narkle delisted

In
Draft 2nd Round Pick 36
Cumming free agency
Perryman free agency
Barrett NGA
Montgomery FS
Burgoyne FS
Francou FS
Delisted Free Agent
Not a bad assessment but Clurey is worth nothing given he can't get a game.

Out (12)
Boak retired
Dixon retired
McKenzie retired
F Evans delisted
Scully delisted
McCallum delisted
K Marshall delisted
Narkle delisted

In
Draft 2nd Round Pick 36
Cumming free agency
Perryman free agency
Barrett NGA
Montgomery FS
Burgoyne FS
Francou FS
Delisted Free Agent
We can’t bring in 9 teenagers, 7 of them 3rd round picks or lower. Even Richmond won’t be doing that.

Ummm…he’s far better than both of these soon to be delisted players.

However, it sounds like Perryman & Richard’s are both getting cold feet. You can’t blame them, I’d be doing the same thing if I was in their shoes.
Why?

Port were the youngest side in the finals and go to a prelim.

We can’t bring in 9 teenagers, 7 of them 3rd round picks or lower. Even Richmond won’t be doing that.
Under what I wrote it will be 7 teenagers coming in replacing 4 guys who are cooked and 3 teenagers and there will be 4 guys ready to play first 22.

My thinking is Carr will be looking to find hard contested players -I think that will be the style of play while still maintaining a good kicking game. Think 2004 team. I expect a big turnover over the next 3 years but in the depth area mainly due to lack of picks.

Soldo… A 28 year old, 3rd ruck, with bad knees for a 19 year old, highly rated midfielder…

Sure. Saints will take that every day…

I never said they would or should take it. That was very clear in my post.

I said if they want soldo while under contract we should ask them to put one of those 2 options on the table, and if they don’t want to we should walk away and keep soldo.

I thought Soldo looked alright when he played…he is better than Todd Marshall and ratogulia..why don’t we get rid of them instead. Didn’t he cost us a future first…can we get that back.

I thought Soldo looked alright when he played…he is better than Todd Marshall and ratogulia..why don’t we get rid of them instead. Didn’t he cost us a future first…can we get that back.
No chance and chances are we won't get what we paid for him. At the end of the day if he wants to move they will let him considering he moved here to be out number 1 ruck and now that's not going to happen. We'd be hoping that Viscenti goes past Soldo and Sweet by 2026.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Narkle was positive about his exit interview.

On the flight over to Sydney last week Sue Rozee was sitting next to one of the Directors partners. She has quite the loud mouth and was ranting on about how Narkle and his partner were stressed out because they didn't know if he would get a contract and that it wasn't fair on the families. Sue then leans two seats over to the Director and says "you're on the Board, put in a good word for Narkle to give him a new deal."

Pretty sure Narkle is a watch and hold right now though.

On the flight over to Sydney last week Sue Rozee was sitting next to one of the Directors partners. She has quite the loud mouth and was ranting on about how Narkle and his partner were stressed out because they didn't know if he would get a contract and that it wasn't fair on the families. Sue then leans two seats over to the Director and says "you're on the Board, put in a good word for Narkle to give him a new deal."

The Rozees are a ****ing menance

Does this lady shut up

You probably saw an old post that come up in your algorithm.
Nahhh they were talking about ANB going to SA and Trac not upset he went back on, but there wasn’t enough love from team mates or the club when he went to hospital until he came back to the club.

We absolutely should front up to saints and say phillipou or pick 24 haven’t be on the table or there’s no deal.
My guy you desperately have to stop saying 'Phillipou or pick 24' like those two things are comparable. It's like Gold Coast coming to us and saying they're only going to trade us Lukosius for 'Miles Bergman or a second rounder'. Just say 'a second rounder'.

My guy you desperately have to stop saying 'Phillipou or pick 24' like those two things are comparable. It's like Gold Coast coming to us and saying they're only going to trade us Lukosius for 'Miles Bergman or a second rounder'. Just say 'a second rounder'.

You’ve continually said in the past that when a player is contracted the team holding them gets to set the price and it’s up to the team whether they want to pay it or not.

It’s our turn after years of getting fleeced.

We have to walk into those negotiations and give them those two options , they can choose to cough one of them up or not,

I just think the prospect of entertaining a pick that will become pick 50-70 on the day for soldo considering the precarious position of our tall stocks would be dumb,

Would I give them up for soldo ? No

Should we give up soldo for a late pick? No

put the ball in their court

We can have Mattaes, pick 24, or soldo on our list next year. Which is up to them

You’ve continually said in the past that when a player is contracted the team holding them gets to set the price and it’s up to the team whether they want to pay it or not.

It’s our turn after years of getting fleeced.

We have to walk into those negotiations and give them those two options , they can choose to cough one of them up or not,

I just think the prospect of entertaining a pick that will become pick 50-70 on the day for soldo considering the precarious position of our tall stocks would be dumb,

Would I give them up for soldo ? No

Should we give up soldo for a late pick? No

put the ball in their court

We can have Mattaes, pick 24, or soldo on our list next year. Which is up to them
Yeah you're still missing the point. 'Matteas or pick 24' is as useless a phrase as 'Wanganeen-Milera or pick 24' or 'Max King or pick 24'. Just say 'pick 24'. It's not even worth putting Matteas and pick 24 in the same sentence.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back