List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

But then we would be leaving it to Cornes, Lobbe and Hartlett, who are all compromised themselves…

I would have Carr, Cripps and Goldsack, maybe Tredrea as a ‘director’.

Why does it have to be done the day after the season ends?

I feel like Boak would've been told by now that he's going to be phased out, and not a priority for selection next year, so if he's happy to stay knowing he could play a bunch of SANFL then he can stay.

In a perfect world personally I think being able to keep that calibre of player as depth and around for quality training partner, and development assistance would be great, but it isn't typically the type of thing we see. Much better having him around than Pick 435
This is what the AFL has lost, the club touch. It would be great to have a Senior list that sits outside the salary cap, blokes 32 or older that have played 100 games at the club. More coaches, more community engagement the better standard played week to week. Tasmania are going to come in and pull coaches and resources from established programs, how good would it be to be up skilling our retiring players opposed to pushing them into retirement.

This senior list set up is similar to what Brisbane have done with Hodge and Gunston but obviously not meeting the 100 game criteria. But also giving up a list spot to a kid who could have possibly developed. We did it with Goldsack.

I am sure the AFL already have a plan in place for Tasmania, but this would create an opportunity for greater exposure for more to increase the pool of better educated coaches entering the lower levels of not retained within the AFL System.

Why does it have to be done the day after the season ends?
Not sure it does, but would assume the time frames are pretty tight around when people are due to take leave, assuming AFL GF would be the yardstick. Probably need to be completed by the 4th or 6th of October.

There is probably limited time with Drafts to also plan/structure up and resources tight with Coach.

Damien Hardwick being so willing to let Lukosius out the door is a massive red flag for me, he's weeding out the over paid soft utensils that have taken Gold Coast nowhere.

Luko will be right at home playing in our soft under belly system, it’s a match made in heaven if you ask me.

I've taken a few days to think since I have a lot of time now for obvious reasons but do you guys reckon Port should simply reset and suffer a few years of pain to regenerate this average list because at this rate, we're heading towards no man's land with the amount of B and C grade players.

Our talented players are hard carrying this team and sometimes to the detriment of the list's true value in my opinion. We're not good enough to win a flag with this list but we are not bad enough to bottom out. Something has to give. If Port are heading towards this direction, Ken and a few other coaches must go.

There is no doubt that we have to start trimming off players who have no value in bringing us a flag e.g. Dixon, McEntee etc. and unfortunately we have to give up good players to acquire talent. Pains me to say that losing Houston might be more beneficial to Port in the long run even if I don't want to lose him since he is our best kick and those skillsets don't grow on trees but the harsh reality is that Port needs talent in and with him wanting to go home despite insisting he is staying, it's probably in Port's best interest to trade him.

Hopefully Scully can stay on the list and come on strong. Young and lanky needs a few more years yet but I would give him a year or two with some games as he has the height, no idea on his athletic ability though, to be a solid tall forward.

Essentially the weaknesses in Ports list that I see are a Key Defensive leader and a Forward Defensive Leader, both big, solid on field generals that have a contested presence. Looks like Tarzan plays like king Kong.

Damien Hardwick being so willing to let Lukosius out the door is a massive red flag for me, he's weeding out the over paid soft utensils that have taken Gold Coast nowhere.
That is definitely a concern.

If we get him, I hope he plays the third tall role to mitigate the softness which is a bit more inherent in that role.

If he comes and plays that role, I feel he is overqualified for it. He has a lot of good qualities as a forward but one or two that are concerning. I don't think he's reached anywhere near his peak but he might be one of those guys who skates on skill.

If we have Mitch and Luko then a big gorilla forward is a must or an outstanding forward from the draft.

I have a strong feeling. Cumming who the crows are seen as the front runners pick port as well. It’s a gut feel, it’s funny to see the crows fail both on and off the field

Suns have Ben King, Mac Andrew, and Jed Walter. 900k+ is too much for a guy they play out of position or in the seconds. We’ll make better use of Luko.

We wasted Dixon’s prime, getting him no help outside of Marshall, who we had to develop. Georgiades has come on and was facing the same issue Dixon did. Lukosius is no worse than Joel Amartey, Shannon Neale, or Eric Hipwood, and those were the other top 4 teams' second talls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Luko does end up at Port, then it just about spells the end of Finlayson.

Can't have both of them in the same forward line.
Finlayson is a depth player and wouldn't be on much after signing a 1 year deal.

I have a strong feeling. Cumming who the crows are seen as the front runners pick port as well. It’s a gut feel, it’s funny to see the crows fail both on and off the field
My gut feel is we miss Perryman and get Cumming.

I would prefer it to be the other way around and would love to get both, really improve our depth.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we can get a competent coach/game plan to use leading forwards instead of high balls on their heads, Georgiades, Luko & Marshall/Finlayson with Rioli, DBJ & SPP is actually a pretty exciting/decent forward line
If we could somehow add little choppy then I'd be very excited.

That is definitely a concern.

If we get him, I hope he plays the third tall role to mitigate the softness which is a bit more inherent in that role.

If he comes and plays that role, I feel he is overqualified for it. He has a lot of good qualities as a forward but one or two that are concerning. I don't think he's reached anywhere near his peak but he might be one of those guys who skates on skill.

If we have Mitch and Luko then a big gorilla forward is a must or an outstanding forward from the draft.
I think between Rat, Lord and Visintini we already have that gorilla covered.

I want the gorilla to be the #3 or #4 target anyway.

I think between Rat, Lord and Visintini we already have that gorilla covered.

I want the gorilla to be the #3 or #4 target anyway.

You might be able to add Walsh in there as well.

They all definitely cover the gorilla forward role but not very well.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back