List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel like Boak would've been told by now that he's going to be phased out, and not a priority for selection next year, so if he's happy to stay knowing he could play a bunch of SANFL then he can stay.

In a perfect world personally I think being able to keep that calibre of player as depth and around for quality training partner, and development assistance would be great, but it isn't typically the type of thing we see. Much better having him around than Pick 435
It depends if Hinkley stays. Boak doesn't belong near getting AFL games, short of a massive injury toll. He's mentally fragile in prelim's (due to 2007 IMO), but would be a good leader in the SANFL. The problem being at the first loss Hinkley would bring him back in. We've had multiple players who should have finished their last year or two in the SANFL, who got played as 'reliable known quantities', rather than developing younger players who could actually get to a flag medium/long term, but contribute less in the short. Until his toys are delisted / retired, he just keeps going back to them.

A new coach, even if it's Carr, would be more inclined to push Boak aside from AFL games and use his strengths, without his glaringly weaknesses.

It depends if Hinkley stays. Boak doesn't belong near getting AFL games, short of a massive injury toll. He's mentally fragile in prelim's (due to 2007 IMO), but would be a good leader in the SANFL. The problem being at the first loss Hinkley would bring him back in. We've had multiple players who should have finished their last year or two in the SANFL, who got played as 'reliable known quantities', rather than developing younger players who could actually get to a flag medium/long term, but contribute less in the short. Until his toys are delisted / retired, he just keeps going back to them.

A new coach, even if it's Carr, would be more inclined to push Boak aside from AFL games and use his strengths, without his glaringly weaknesses.
Actually think Carr would ‘manage’ Boak and I would be happy with that, play 1, Sub 1, rest 1. Think Carr would be a bit more daring with players also, Rozee to Half Back in the SANFL finals series arguably won the Roosters the flag, back Sweet in as a Kid, had Woodcock absolutely firing!

It took ages to throw DBJ forward and then through necessity put him to Half Back, I doubt that the case with Carr.

We aren’t a bad side, just need a fresh voice to make the lads uncomfortable enough to develop. Cakes don’t cook in the mixing bowl, need to apply a bit of heat!

I think we've been on the Perryman train for a while so hopefully we nab him.

If he wants midfield minutes then I'm happy to let him pass.
Really? Why?

We have five midfielders - JHF, Butters, Rozee, Wines and Drew.

Wines is towards the end. JHF and Rozee need to rotate forward. Perryman is an upgrade on Mead etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really? Why?

We have five midfielders - JHF, Butters, Rozee, Wines and Drew.

Wines is towards the end. JHF and Rozee need to rotate forward. Perryman is an upgrade on Mead etc.
I don't think we need to bring in a midfielder unless he's awesome.

A rotation of 5 is fine.

I would be more interested in the pick for Houston to come in.

I would prefer Perryman on the flank at either end with some midfield minutes. If he's the 6th of 7th rotation, I've got no problem but to play as a midfielder, not so much.

We should trade Soldo and get Dougal Howard back, he's alot better than Ratugulea

On PHN110 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Houston and Soldo for Wanganeen Milera + Dougal Howard

On PHN110 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't think we need to bring in a midfielder unless he's awesome.

A rotation of 5 is fine.

I would be more interested in the pick for Houston to come in.

I would prefer Perryman on the flank at either end with some midfield minutes. If he's the 6th of 7th rotation, I've got no problem but to play as a midfielder, not so much.
What happens when, as was the case earlier this year, that Rozee gets injured? Or butters gets suspended? Or Wines does his shoulder in the preseason?

Besides we have Farrell, Jones, Evans, Bergmann, Sinn and Burgoyne that can run off a flank. With Rome, Monty, Francou - as potential draftees.

Actually think an extra senior mid would be a good thing. Would also allow us to target some KPPs in this draft.

I think that was me but it was more to do with him thinking he would be able to get it with the Three Amigos and others in there.
Yeah fair, I just meant he wants more midfield time and that'll play a major factor in his decision. Whether that's at Port or Pies or GWS, I'm not sure but Pies look more likely now

What happens when, as was the case earlier this year, that Rozee gets injured? Or butters gets suspended? Or Wines does his shoulder in the preseason?

Besides we have Farrell, Jones, Evans, Bergmann, Sinn and Burgoyne that can run off a flank. With Rome, Monty, Francou - as potential draftees.

Actually think an extra senior mid would be a good thing. Would also allow us to target some KPPs in this draft.
I like Perryman, I just don't he should be coming in demanding midfield type minutes.

If we goa mid down, lets see what Bergman, Mead, Hugh Jackon can do.

I just want to make it clear I really would like Perryman on the team

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back