List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

. He would just add to the logjam of average footballers on the fringe. Another McEntee, Narkle, Evans.

Hes probably better than all those 3 combined really

Welcome Gary Rohan too, we need to do whatever it takes

On PHN110 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've taken a few days to think since I have a lot of time now for obvious reasons but do you guys reckon Port should simply reset and suffer a few years of pain to regenerate this average list because at this rate, we're heading towards no man's land with the amount of B and C grade players.

Our talented players are hard carrying this team and sometimes to the detriment of the list's true value in my opinion. We're not good enough to win a flag with this list but we are not bad enough to bottom out. Something has to give. If Port are heading towards this direction, Ken and a few other coaches must go.

There is no doubt that we have to start trimming off players who have no value in bringing us a flag e.g. Dixon, McEntee etc. and unfortunately we have to give up good players to acquire talent. Pains me to say that losing Houston might be more beneficial to Port in the long run even if I don't want to lose him since he is our best kick and those skillsets don't grow on trees but the harsh reality is that Port needs talent in and with him wanting to go home despite insisting he is staying, it's probably in Port's best interest to trade him.
I don't think we need a reset and as much as I don't want to lose Houston, we will acquire Lukosius and another player in the draft. But we do need to be doing a hard cull of players 25-44 because we can't allow the SANFL team to be complete rubbish. It breeds a bad culture and doesn't allow talented players to develop.

I think the next 3 years will see evolution with a turnover of players and coaches but No we do not need a re-set or a bottoming out.

If it were totally up to me, I'd draft all 4. All 4 would've been drafted for sure in last year's draft imo.

My predictions are that (no Intel just based on what I've read)

Perryman goes to Pies
Cumming goes to Crows
Richards stays at Collingwood
We pay overs for Lukosius because we need to trade someone in

Outgoings (either retirement/trade/delist)
Dixon
McKenzie
Clurey
Soldo
Williams*
Houston
McEntee
FEvans*
McCallum
Kyle Marshall (dependent on how many picks we have)

*These are reliant on Perryman and Richards. If we get Perryman, Williams will be traded/delisted. If we get Richards, FEvans will be traded/delisted.

As much as people keep banging on about 2 firsts for Houston, I actually think we might be in a much better position if we got a top 10 pick plus 2 early - mid 2nd rounders. Gives us more flexibility and talent imo.
Can't delist Williams, Clurey or McEntee because they are in contract. We can only trade them.

Narkle 2.0

Pass.
Having more players like Narkle or Parfitt on the list would be good. Just that they need to be playing SANFL.
Can't delist Williams, Clurey or McEntee because they are in contract. We can only trade them.
You can, you just pay out the remaining years of their contract.

Apparently Cumming had dinner with Tex. After a sumptuous meal of baked beans on toast, Port offered him a trip to the US.

Decide Fox Tv GIF by Paradise Hotel

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back