List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

for those who thought 10-12 list changes were too many, Geelong has delisted 7, plus 2 retirements.

Their list aint what she used to be....

simpsons-jewish.gif

Can Port get Luko by taking in all his salary and give GC a pick in the 20s? Since GC would want Luko's salary off their books, it could weaken their position. I wouldn't want to be offering a future first.

Any update on Perryman? Last I heard was that the Pies have upped their offer and potentially a spot in the midfield which he is after according to a few journalist.

What are the odds of Richards joining Port after Pies upped their offer to three years?

Is Cumming going to the US with a few Port boys for rehab?

It is a pity that Houston is going and even though he is happy to stay if a deal with a Vic club cannot be arranged, more often than not, players who requested trades will end up at the club they nominated.

Soldo was always an interesting choice which fair to say it has not worked out and it does leave a sour taste in my mouth at what we gave up to get him and with him wanting to go to the Saints, I feel that we won't get a good return.

Parfitt as a DFA offers some depth in the SANFL and for a call up if desperate.

Probably offers more than the likes of Mead/Mcentee in the 1s as well but need to be getting those types out of the 22.
There's enough Geelong rejects here. We're too busy trying to offload 3 of them. Don't need another one. :smirk:

Can't delist Williams, Clurey or McEntee because they are in contract. We can only trade them.
Williams and Clurey were intended to be more as trades given there's some interest albeit minor. But you in fact can delist players in contract if you pay them out. Motlop and Pasini being recent examples

Parfitt is better than McEntee, Narkle, FEvans and even Mead. Its not even a question. Port were into Riley Garcia but thats not cooled down so wouldnt be surprised if Parfitt was a target now.

Another one I'd look at for some depth is Pheonix Foster. Depending on how all the other dominoes fall, could be good KPF/3rd ruck back up with Soldo leaving

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Parfitt, not really keen unless we make 20 delistings like reh wants.

We don’t need to stock up on ready made fringe mids. We need developing young mids. And part of why he’s a nothing player Geelong are fine letting go (warning signs there hey) is because he’s not that great outside of the midfield.
You arent going to get those developing young mids unless you hit the draft though and we dont have many picks. When you look at needs, with SPP coming back, Barrett joining us via NGA, it makes way more sense for us to have Parfitt over McEntee or FEvans.

Edit: And maybe Richards potentially joining.

Did the AFL also demand we don't announce our delistings until after GF day as to not distract from the week?

Or are we weak and have no one to delist?

Did the AFL also demand we don't announce our delistings until after GF day as to not distract from the week?

Or are we weak and have no one to delist?
Maybe Ken's pets are being delisted along with him so they're waiting to do one announcement altogether hahaha

It will be interesting to see how our best 22 for 2025 lines up when all is said and done, with a full compliment of players.

Potential first round lineup could look something like this?

B: BZT, Aliir, Bergman
HB: Farrell, Evans, Jones
C: Burgoyne, Wines, Cumming/Perryman
HF: Rioli, Marshall, SPP
FF: Lukosius, Georgiades, JHF
Foll: Sweet, Butters, Rozee
Int: Drew, DBJ, Richards, Mead
sub: Narkle/Evans

It will be interesting to see how our best 22 for 2025 lines up when all is said and done, with a full compliment of players.

That team lacks a second/pinch-hit ruckman. If Georgiades and Lukosius are in the same forward line, you need another big forward who’s a point of difference. Someone big enough to crash packs, take a pack mark around the ground and forward and provide a ruck back-up.

I suspect the club is ear-marking Lord still, but personally I think this is the role that Scully could ultimately fill. In the meantime, Visentini is also an option.

Forget Ratugolea and Finlayson.

Better then the pre lim team

Watch the cats land houston. They have a habit of coming out of the blue
How are they going to get Houston when their sole focus is to get Bailey Smith?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back