List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

You arent going to get those developing young mids unless you hit the draft though and we dont have many picks. When you look at needs, with SPP coming back, Barrett joining us via NGA, it makes way more sense for us to have Parfitt over McEntee or FEvans.

Edit: And maybe Richards potentially joining.

Hes not replacing mcintee tho, he’s contracted (stupidly) he would be taking a spot of a rookie we could be drafting. There’s a real danger if we don’t cut enough players that we only take 1 live pick in the draft and then our f/s and ngas.

If we cut really heavy and draft 2/3 players before taking those ngas I would have no issue with picking up parfitt as a dfa to be a sanfl mid helping the kids.

It will be interesting to see how our best 22 for 2025 lines up when all is said and done, with a full compliment of players.

Potential first round lineup could look something like this?

B: BZT, Aliir, Bergman
HB: Farrell, Evans, Jones
C: Burgoyne, Wines, Cumming/Perryman
HF: Rioli, Marshall, SPP
FF: Lukosius, Georgiades, JHF
Foll: Sweet, Butters, Rozee
Int: Drew, DBJ, Richards, Mead
sub: Narkle/Evans
Realistically Marshall is probably replaced by Esava or Lord.

Otherwise, figure out how to get Evans/Narkle out of the best 23 and put some more pressure on Mead's role, and it's looking much better.

We will need to considerably change our gameplan though. MG and Luko are both leading tall forwards and Charlie is gone. No more bombing to lock it in. Pointless adding to the forwardline if we keep the same strategy, which was designed for a player who'll retire (and didn't work anyway).

Surely our delistings will come out soon…
Charlie on ten news talking like he has a choice.

If this is the case, whomever is allowing that to be the case should be sacked. He should be done, there should be zero doubt.

Hes not replacing mcintee tho, he’s contracted (stupidly) he would be taking a spot of a rookie we could be drafting. There’s a real danger if we don’t cut enough players that we only take 1 live pick in the draft and then our f/s and ngas.

If we cut really heavy and draft 2/3 players before taking those ngas I would have no issue with picking up parfitt as a dfa to be a sanfl mid helping the kids.

Just because he's contracted doesnt mean he can't be delisted. We can pay his contract out and delist him.

I understand your concern, but I suspect there'll be at least 8 outgoings imo

Dixon
McKenzie
Soldo
Houston
FEvans (UFA)
McEntee (r)
Clurey
Williams (r)
McCallum
Kyle Marshall
Todd Marshall (depending on medicals)
Narkle (UFA but likely to extend) (r)

So we will basically have the following come in in the best case scenario

Cumming
Perryman
Luko
SPP (Upgrade back to Active List)
Richards

Those 5 ins, replace the first 5 outs in terms of senior list positions. Still have 3 senior spots and 3 rookie spots left. Would suspect 2 drafts + 1 NGA + 3 F/S.

Saying that I do not think we'll get all of Cumming, Perryman and Richards so that would open up more senior spots.

At absolute worst, we need to turn Houston and Soldo into a 2024 top 12 pick + top 30 pick + Lukosius.

Use both draft picks and our current second round pick in this year’s draft to take a bona fide midfielder, marking tall forward and dynamic, goal-kicking forward.

Land one or both of Cumming and Perryman

Trade Clurey and Williams for third round draft picks, that can be used for Richards and a third ruckman.

Acquire Barrett, Burgoyne, Montgomery with late picks +/- rookie picks, and Francou with a cat B.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At absolute worst, we need to turn Houston and Soldo into a 2024 top 12 pick + top 30 pick + Lukosius.

Use both draft picks and our current second round pick in this year’s draft to take a bona fide midfielder, marking tall forward and dynamic, goal-kicking forward.

Land one or both of Cumming and Perryman

Trade Clurey and Williams for third round draft picks, that can be used for Richards and a third ruckman for our list.

Acquire Barrett, Burgoyne, Montgomery with late picks +/- rookie picks, and Francou with a cat B.
Cant do Cat B rookie, he's been playing footy for a while. Cat A rookie is the only option I think.

On the flight over to Sydney last week Sue Rozee was sitting next to one of the Directors partners. She has quite the loud mouth and was ranting on about how Narkle and his partner were stressed out because they didn't know if he would get a contract and that it wasn't fair on the families. Sue then leans two seats over to the Director and says "you're on the Board, put in a good word for Narkle to give him a new deal."

Pretty sure Narkle is a watch and hold right now though.
Mrs Rozee should stfu.

What is the difference between cat A and B rookies?
Cat A is just players that are from normal recruiting leagues like your SANFL, VFL, WAFL and what not. Just players who arent good enough for National Draft in recruiters eyes

Cat B is recruiting from left-field. Jacob Moss is one of our recent ones. No professional football background and played basketball I think but we give him a shot because of his size etc. I think the Americans and Irish guys also qualify for Cat B. Its basically people who haven't played Aussie Rules in any capacity but you would like to give them a shot and see if it works.

I’m only moving Houston for Carlton’s pick 11 and future 1st and nothing less. If they do much as wanted a 4th rounder back I would throw coffee in their face. He’s contracted , an elite gun, and happy to stay.

There’s zero doubt in my mind that we would get asked to pay the same if the shoe was on the other foot. Hell, we did pay the same when the shoe was on the other foot.

Soldo, again he’s contracted , and I would rather hold him then let him go for a nothing pick, even if he walked out for nothing the following year.

Just having him challenge sweet and vis for the year, and an option as a 2nd ruck / kf (a role he’s played at tigers) if esava and lord spud it up next year, which based on current form is not a stretch, is more valuable than pick that will be 50, or just points for Barrett on draft day.

Pick 24 and a late pick for soldo and 37 should be our stance.

Give us

11, 24 to use at the draft

Trade Carlton’s future 1st to gcs for luko plus a future 2nd rounder or pick 26 in this draft.

The Houston trade should be totally independent of the Lukosius trade.
Two first round picks for Houston, or a first round pick and a best 22 player (who is the equivalent of a first round pick)

I'd still be pushing for a deal for Luko like Geelong got for Bowes, salary dump for the GC and pick upgrade for us.

Last edited:
If Boak retires I’d look at Parfit. The Magpies midfield was a joke this year and hurt player development.

*I am asssuming if Boak plays on it’s as a reserves player/development coach.

Reading the crows board they rate cumming highly and are basically obsessed with him, and are saying how dissapointed and pissed of they will be if port land him.

Us port fans would like to get him, but we don’t see it as a massive deal, it would be really funny to beat the crows in a recruitment persuasion once again.

I would be so tempted to rub it into the clowns on their board and cop the ban on the chin.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back