List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely 3rd/4th at best?

Really don't understand our interest in this guy. Be better off hitting the draft.
Watch some tape of McEntee or Evans playing football, that should help you understand.

Perryman is absolutely best 18, we are not better off without having him. At least not immediately. However I think his role is not the most difficult to fill.
He's an instant massive upgrade on Mead.

Most important thing he brings though is additional depth. Instead of scoring him we need to use a 4/5th round selection to fill a list spot instead, when the back end of our list is already poor. So that's a shame.

Mead had a really good patch this year but then fell away really badly. I dunno. He fumbles a shitload and is generally a very nervous player. I'm not convinced. Maybe a new coach?

Cat B is recruiting from left-field. Jacob Moss is one of our recent ones. No professional football background and played basketball I think but we give him a shot because of his size etc. I think the Americans and Irish guys also qualify for Cat B. Its basically people who haven't played Aussie Rules in any capacity but you would like to give them a shot and see if it works.

and Egyptians .....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The role that Mead plays doesn't really suit him yet he did okay this year. He's a ball winner but that HF role for him forces him to use it well which he's not the best at. If we get Richards you may see that he replaces Mead and does that role to better effect.

Mead had a really good patch this year but then fell away really badly. I dunno. He fumbles a shitload and is generally a very nervous player. I'm not convinced. Maybe a new coach?
His kicking is so bad.

In the last part of the year, his turnover count went through the roof.

Against Haw 11 d and 5 turnovers.
Against Melb and Adel 10d and 4 turnovers. Was credited with 3 effective disposals in that showdown.
Against Freo 18d with his season high 6 turnovers. Was credited with only 8 effective disposals from that 18.

I think it was the Melb game he kicked 2 out on the full from unpressured kicks. Maybe the Freo game.

Either way, for a kid that has all the traits of an elite kick, he plays way too scared, and lacking confidence. In the middle of the year when it was rolling for him he was playing far more confident, whilst being productive and producing less turnovers total. That kid can play and should get game time, but the fade out we saw late in the year was really concerning.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back