List Mgmt. List management for 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

... We should be trading down if anything.... our 9th pick for 5 fourth rounders.
Go harder FD. We give our first and second rounders to FoodBank and then draft only players who played with the Maggies this year. Controversially including some who didn't want to play AFL.

bahaha... my biggest concern.

Who of Essendon Bris Freo GC Carlton would take him before us? I think Bris, Essendon wont. Freo could, GC maybe, Carlton could too.

Freo may very well trade their first for brad hill + a pick which would make me lol but we'eve seen crazier.
Brisbane probably not with schache last year and having a bit of depth with close especially if rocky leaves they would really need a mid.
Essendon I agree nah too high a pick to not spend on a mid.
Freo could go SPS if they don't get hill lower chance English to boost ruck stocks.
If they trade their pick to the hawks and they get him I would be deeply annoyed hopefully not as they have O'Brien showing promise.
GC with wright and lynch I wouldn't think so especially losing prestia and maybe even swallow would probably go for another inside mid.
Blues picked up McKay Curnow last year but have a few spuds in their forward line atm probably the highest risk to beat us to it at the last moment. if SPS is there it would be too hard to pass up

Gut feel says we'll end up with English or Taranto

Every club in the history of forever in every single sport says the same thing. You really think they're gonna come out and say, "we wanted so and so but they were gone so we had to pick up this chump?"
No, you say '<X> was the player we realistically were after with pick <Y>'. You are saying you wanted him, but implicitly saying you wish you had a higher pick as their were better players earlier. I'll take this every day of the week over Adelaide's 'We can't believe the player we got with pick #79 wasn't taken by pick #5!' every year.

Not sure why we would bother trying to trade up? If you believe the club, every player we've ever drafted....ever, that we wanted in the first round, slid to us in the second and ones we wanted in the second round slid to the third round etc.

We should be trading down if anything.... our 9th pick for 5 fourth rounders.
I think that's Adelaide.... every pick in the 50s was a top 10... though the ****ers may have been right of late. :mad:

Reads to me that we want marshall

Ken was at the allies game where they played WA and marshall was their only multiple goal kicker at CHF and looked the goods

Inb4 we trade for six to get marshall just to have someone take him earlier and we draft two flankers at 6/9
If we get pick #6 and he's gone by then, there should be a a couple of top quality inside mid's left to get instead. I want a KPF with our first pick, but won't go nuts if we get a genuine inside midfielder, if the best one(s) are gone. If we get a flanker though I'm going tropo.

So Schulz gone and Ken saying Butcher is most probably gone, our forward line will be Dixon and Ryder/Lobbe when rotating through the ruck as our talls. Westhoff floating in and out. That there is a forward line that will send fear through any backline. Did we not learn anything this season?

So Schulz gone and Ken saying Butcher is most probably gone, our forward line will be Dixon and Ryder/Lobbe when rotating through the ruck as our talls. Westhoff floating in and out. That there is a forward line that will send fear through any backline. Did we not learn anything this season?

Yes, I believe we did.

I believe we learned not to sit on an ever increasing pile of average players hoping they will one day become good players. I also hope we learned that being brave includes having enough belief in ones self to actually not be scared of getting it wrong - especially come trade and draft time.

I would much prefer the Club to actively seek being a powerhouse than to sit on their hands becoming more average each year by refusing to hurt anyones feelings.

Schulz is done and Butcher isn't an AFL forward - simple really. We'll all get to see soon enough if there are clubs lining up to sign these 2, I wouldn't think there will be.

I'd cut Westhoff too, he's the poster boy for meek and fragile especially in mind, but the Club probably won't.

Be brave. Get rid of what won't get you where you want to go and keep turning over the list until you find those that can.

Didnt notice it myself but I am told Jake, Hamish and Charlie flew to the Gold Coast with the team on Saturday.

If true Why ?

Ok Neade may have been the travelling emergency but maybe not, but why Hamish and Charlie? were they there to have a word in someones ear ? maybe an indigenous player?.

We looking at someone from the Gold Coast

OMFG

Freo won't give up pick 4 to get 2 average players back in return. They have a couple of pretty handy mids to come back in to the side next year they'll be looking to draft best available KPP's

Havnt the hawks expressed interest
in a first rounder for Hill ?

Ahchee then just adding depth considering freo are potentially making a large amount of list changes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didnt notice it myself but I am told Jake, Hamish and Charlie flew to the Gold Coast with the team on Saturday.

If true Why ?

Ok Neade may have been the travelling emergency but maybe not, but why Hamish and Charlie? were they there to have a word in someones ear ? maybe an indigenous player?.

Hammer said on the radio during the week that he had some relatives in GC that he was visiting.

Charlie probably going back to catch up with old mates I'm guessing.

Wouldn't read too much into it.

If true Why ?

Charlie's whole family live up there.

If true Why ?

Hamish the the VC so he should be at every game. Charlie is from Cairns, probably catching up with family/friends after the last game of the year so I would reed to much into it at this stage.

Havnt the hawks expressed interest
in a first rounder for Hill ?

Ahchee then just adding depth considering freo are potentially making a large amount of list changes.

Hawthorn can express everything they want over Brad Hill but doesn't mean they'll get it. He's not worth a first round pick, especially an early first rounder.

Freo will be all over the best KPP come pick 4. They won't part with pick 4 unless it was real top end talent, neither Hill or AhChee even come close to that and once again quantity never makes up for quality when trading for early draft picks.

bahaha... my biggest concern.

Who of Essendon Bris Freo GC Carlton would take him before us? I think Bris, Essendon wont. Freo could, GC maybe, Carlton could too.
All of them will have a serious look and one of them will take him. Other clubs aren't us.

Brisbane and Freo have the worst key tall stocks in the league. Carlton not much better. Gold Coast have so many picks I'm sure they wont mind using one on the best key tall prospect in the draft.

Hawthorn can express everything they want over Brad Hill but doesn't mean they'll get it. He's not worth a first round pick, especially an early first rounder.

Freo will be all over the best KPP come pick 4. They won't part with pick 4 unless it was real top end talent, neither Hill or AhChee even come close to that and once again quantity never makes up for quality when trading for early draft picks.

Fair point - if the do go tall it'll be interesting if it's English or Marshall.

With Can McCarthy going to freo hopefully they opt for English as he has potentiall to Ruck

If true Why ?

Party guides.

If true Why ?

Aaron Hall?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List management for 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back