List Mgmt. List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

I think this is a myth we’ve been telling ourselves. Our cattle has never matched it against the best teams which I think has mainly been due to not investing in quality defenders for a decade or our rucks for large periods.
We beat West Coast in the minor round in 2017. We beat Richmond in the minor round in 2020. We beat the Bulldogs (twice!) in the minor round in 2021. We beat the Giants in the minor round in 2023.

We beat West Coast in the minor round in 2017. We beat Richmond in the minor round in 2020. We beat the Bulldogs (twice!) in the minor round in 2021. We beat the Giants in the minor round in 2023.

Just goes to show the problem is mental and/or coaching

Yep, from the Hinkley stats thread:
We've lost our last 5 knockout finals.
4/5 at home.
We'd beaten all those sides in our last game against them.

We were 1-1 in the minor round against the Bulldogs in 2021. And the home game was one that this board constantly talked about as a "game was over at quarter time" match.

Despite the fact that we actually hit the lead in the second quarter.

I would add McCallum to that list.

Walsh did some good work in the trial ... He might surprise you!
Yeah, McCallum was good last year early and spoken about very positively.

If he can hold some fitness and form I could see him being given a few games. Also from an investment standpoint, if it came down to 3-5 games into McCallum or 3-5 games into Clurey at the back end of the year I hope we gift him a couple to ‘bump’ up the compensation we may get back from future Tasmania team if he/they decide to head down that path.

Why? Would cost way more than he’s worth.

11d 18 hitouts is a very poor return.

We could get any state league ruck to return the same numbers lol. Pick any random one.

Pittonet , who nobody rates is a better ruck than him and only 2 years older.

While pittonet was out and Tom had the run of games as sole ruck he lost the position every week while recording 24 hitouts as the highest count in that stretch.

He’s 24 and nearly 50 games deep so not a baby, but you could also suggest rucks often still improve from there there’s plenty to suggest that Tom doesn’t have any weapons other than athleticism

View attachment 1673107

They would ask for and hold out for Bergman in return. **** that. The cost for Tom would far outweigh his value.

Tom is a nice athlete and he’s an alright backup ruck if you’ve got no one better.

We can develop visentini instead.

So do you want to tell me again how any state league ruck is better than De Koning? ;)

So do you want to tell me again how any state league ruck is better than De Koning? ;)

That’s not even remotely what I said in the over a year old post you’ve quoted.

I said “11d 18 hitouts , we could get that from a state league ruck” referring to a game from him over a year ago.

Also, this might be a good gotcha if de koning just snagged an allaus nomination instead of running off a 36 yr old ruck.

15d 20 hitouts (his season averages) are literally Pete Ladhams numbers and as we know Pete Ladhams isn’t even trying.

Eh, Dekoning is alright but I’ve often said rucks who win the ball but get beaten in the ruck are overrated unless they’re elite ball users.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s not even remotely what I said in the over a year old post you’ve quoted.

I said “11d 18 hitouts , we could get that from a state league ruck” referring to a game from him over a year ago.

Also, this might be a good gotcha if de koning just snagged an allaus nomination instead of running off a 36 yr old ruck.

15d 20 hitouts (his season averages) are literally Pete Ladhams numbers and as we know Pete Ladhams isn’t even trying.

Eh, Dekoning is alright but I’ve often said rucks who win the ball but get beaten in the ruck are overrated unless they’re elite ball users.

He flogged us last week and he flogged Essendon tonight. 11 clearances, 478m gained, absolutely broke the game open whenever it was needed. His physical presence at bounces and around the ground are the sort of contribution Ladhams could only dream of.

Yes your post is over a year old because you just dismissed him as a recruiting option, as if he couldn't improve. You have to go back in time to find those sort of predictions.

Anyway I'm wrong plenty of times so it was all a bit of fun when we try to predict who would be worth recruiting.

Goes to show though, I agree that Visentini could develop into something special, which is what I've been hoping.

In hindsight it sure would have been nice to hold on to that 10th overall that became Charlie Curnow.

We were 1-1 in the minor round against the Bulldogs in 2021. And the home game was one that this board constantly talked about as a "game was over at quarter time" match.

Despite the fact that we actually hit the lead in the second quarter.

TDK was phenomenal tonight
Is there a third De Konning brother on the horizon?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back