List of Trade Trade Rumours: Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
An opinion is an opinion.

I probably wouldn't part with pick 17 for Wellingham and knowing Collingwoods interest in Pederson, I would try to engage a trade along those lines.

Perhaps a lower pick thrown in, but you always go high on your first bid, don't you?;)

Yeah fair enough. Although my opinion is that Pederson is worth much less than Wellingham, regardless of any other factors including salary cap and interest etc.

Richmond doesn't show prospective draftees around it's facilities? Is that such an outrageous act?

I don't know if they do or not - and I'm not having a go at North - I know they are trying to sell the club to him - I'm just making the point that it's unbelievable that a 2nd year kid who hasn't really shown anything has clubs having to go to this extent... It's not as if he's Chris Judd.

I don't know if they do or not - and I'm not having a go at North - I know they are trying to sell the club to him - I'm just making the point that it's unbelievable that a 2nd year kid who hasn't really shown anything has clubs having to go to this extent... It's not as if he's Chris Judd.

He's a pretty good talent and the "alleged" clubs in question are looking for midfield quality that most likely wouldn't be available with their first round picks in 2012. This is bound to attract a fair bit of interest.

There is no reason to suggest that Caddy would not go at 7 in this years draft. GC certainly got it right with their other three top 10 midfield picks from the 2010 draft. Swallow, Benell and Prestia all look the goods.

He's still one of the best available, and let's face it 14 clubs have ****-all else to do this time of year!

Has this been ratified by any of the clubs in question?

This is a trade rumours thread, is it not? Asking for hard evidence of a trade that legally cannot be offered yet is a bit much.

Just throwing it out there that its has been reported he has toured other clubs. Whether you choose to believe that article or not is up to you. Quite frankly, all media right now are guessing so there is no hard evidence as far as I'm concerned.

The inner Melbourne clubs

Carlton
Collingwood
Melbourne
North
Richmond

- Richmond are unlikely to prioritise a player like Caddy with their 1st round pick.
- Collingwood are unlikely to have the salary cap room if the Cloke rumors are correct.
- Melbourne have not been linked at all with Caddy.
- Carlton are rumored in the media to be interested in Caddy
- It has been publicly reported and acknowledged by the North president that Caddy will be taking the time to tour the club facilities. The North president stated Caddy would be "an ideal fit"

If it's "a single team in the inner Melbourne area", then it looks like being North.

Weren't the saints front runners just last week for caddy. im not saying that cause im a saints supporter. but just last week the cats and saints were both heavily link to him.
i wouldnt wanna pay overs for him anyway. he hasnt done anything to really catch my eye yet.

It was reported that Boak re-signed with Port for $700K PA. They were reportedly offering him more than anyone else (shows the state their club is in when they have to offer someone more than everyone else is offering just to get them to stay!:()
That would be the idea wouldn't it? You offer players more because the better deal wins out, no? If St Kilda had the cap space available to keep Goddard at the club I'm sure they would offer more to keep him at the club, and it was more in the region of 600K if that

With Riewoldt's salary reportedly dropping from $1 mil to $500K next year, we reportedly have plenty of cap space to offer Goddard more money if we want to, but the club is adamant that it doesn't want to overpay, as it has in the past. As it is we are offering him a pay rise, despite his past two seasons being at a considerably lower standard than his previous couple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Riewoldt's salary reportedly dropping from $1 mil to $500K next year, we reportedly have plenty of cap space to offer Goddard more money if we want to, but the club is adamant that it doesn't want to overpay, as it has in the past. As it is we are offering him a pay rise, despite his past two seasons being at a considerably lower standard than his previous couple.
Thats understood, the situation of both players is primarily different in terms of how big Boak's position at our club going forward and Goddard's are at St Kilda

I'm not convinced Saints are trying that hard to keep Goddard

He's 28 next year, we are years off another flag shot - pump in the kids...
In 2009 Lake fished around with other clubs, we made him our highest paid player, we didn't get right reward for that and we lost Ward in the process. Your situation should be even more clear cut because we were in a window so we needed him, you guys don't so you can take this as a head start to pumped a new wave of super talented kids to go with the future core i see you already have.

In 2009 Lake fished around with other clubs, we made him our highest paid player, we didn't get right reward for that and we lost Ward in the process. Your situation should be even more clear cut because we were in a window so we needed him, you guys don't so you can take this as a head start to pumped a new wave of super talented kids to go with the future core i see you already have.

Totally agree

In reality Goddard was at his peak.... when the side was... now we aren't he's also dropped off

Never won a B &F ( I think 1 3rd place ?) this year 4th... it's actually an indictment on a guy that wants big bucks that a 32 yr old mid in Hayes off a knee reco wins it!

If Goddard stays he's going to have to accept less coin and I'm wrapt the club have finally taken this stance

Totally agree

In reality Goddard was at his peak.... when the side was... now we aren't he's also dropped off

Never won a B &F ( I think 1 3rd place ?) this year 4th... it's actually an indictment on a guy that wants big bucks that a 32 yr old mid in Hayes off a knee reco wins it!

If Goddard stays he's going to have to accept less coin and I'm wrapt the club have finally taken this stance

Yeah I tend to agree... No doubt he would still be a very good player, but I'm not sure if you'll miss him all that much... and the compensation the saints would get, will be pretty good you'd think... not to mention the release of salary cap pressure.

Not really sure why Essendon is chasing him so hard - not sure he's the player they really need.

Yeah I tend to agree... No doubt he would still be a very good player, but I'm not sure if you'll miss him all that much... and the compensation the saints would get, will be pretty good you'd think... not to mention the release of salary cap pressure.

Not really sure why Essendon is chasing him so hard - not sure he's the player they really need.
how on earth is he not the player we really need?

not really, given the club knew about Riewoldt so "graciously" dropping his salary 3 years ago, as it was a front-ended deal...

How old are you? Seriously, this is not Facebook (it is annoying there too).

And for what it is worth I can't see why Melbourne would go for an injury prone KPF over a solid more mature option in Pedersen. A three tall structure of Clark, Pedo and Howe actually looks very decent.

Demonheart is conflicted, should he 'like' this post or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back