List of Trade Trade Rumours: Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, Caddy is likely doing a tour of a few clubs. Except for Melbourne, which he put a line through. That's not super surprising about the North stuff.

There was nothing about last nights revelations that "surprised" me.;)

The inner Melbourne clubs

Carlton
Collingwood
Melbourne
North
Richmond

- Richmond are unlikely to prioritise a player like Caddy with their 1st round pick.
- Collingwood are unlikely to have the salary cap room if the Cloke rumors are correct.
- Melbourne have not been linked at all with Caddy.
- Carlton are rumored in the media to be interested in Caddy
- It has been publicly reported and acknowledged by the North president that Caddy will be taking the time to tour the club facilities. The North president stated Caddy would be "an ideal fit"

If it's "a single team in the inner Melbourne area", then it looks like being North.

Would be a damn good pick up for North but what do they give up?

First rounder wouldn't be enough. They would want a top 10 pick. You think you will need another pick in the 10-20 range.

That's pretty much all the big rumors and what are likely to happen. As for Goddard, I suspect more clubs will join the race. Although Essendon are the front runners for him at the moment, I think Geelong are a huge chance and if I was forced to tip where he would play next year I will go with Geelong.

Can't wait for free agency and the trade period, exciting time of the year.
I very much doubt Cats will be able to afford Goddard. He will be on a very healthy wage.
Clubs might well be trying to work out how much cap space the others have got.

Carlton
Collingwood
Melbourne
North
Richmond

- Richmond are unlikely to prioritise a player like Caddy with their 1st round pick.
- Collingwood are unlikely to have the salary cap room if the Cloke rumors are correct.
- It has been publicly reported and acknowledged by the North president that Caddy will be taking the time to tour the club facilities. The North president stated Caddy would be "an ideal fit"

If it's "a single team in the inner Melbourne area", then it looks like being North.

I was refering mainly to TradeDraft's copy from Facebook:

Well respected journalist Damian Barrett has this evening revealed that Gold Coast youngster Josh Caddy has informed the club that his preferred destination is Collingwood.

He has asked Gold Coast to organize a trade to get him to Collingwood in trade week, so that he can be with his ill father.

Caddy was taken with pick 7 overall in the 2010 draft.

It would mean that Collingwood part ways with their first round pick (no 18 at this stage) and a player.​

You've exactly reiterated my point. :) If he's saying "Collingwood only, because my dad's sick", then that's laughable given all the other options there.

That was a joke though right?

An opinion is an opinion.

I probably wouldn't part with pick 17 for Wellingham and knowing Collingwoods interest in Pederson, I would try to engage a trade along those lines.

Perhaps a lower pick thrown in, but you always go high on your first bid, don't you?;)

Carlton
Collingwood
Melbourne
North
Richmond

Love the logic there ;) I mean, sure Carlton are linked to Caddy, and have a higher pick to offer the GCS, but he is having a look at your facilities (something he will be doing for most clubs he is linked to) mean he will be going to North. Would this conclusion have anything to do with your hope that he goes to North because you follow said team ???

I very much doubt Cats will be able to afford Goddard. He will be on a very healthy wage.
Clubs might well be trying to work out how much cap space the others have got.
Cats have a few retirements that would have been on decent coin - they were chasing Boak pretty hard so they must have some spare capacity

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boak signed for around 400k
Caddy will look for ~3-400k
Goddard ~6-700k

AFAIK all the guys they're losing were last year's veterans & hence, partially outside the cap.

I reckon Goddard will look for 800-1 million.

Love the logic there ;) I mean, sure Carlton are linked to Caddy, and have a higher pick to offer the GCS, but he is having a look at your facilities (something he will be doing for most clubs he is linked to) mean he will be going to North. Would this conclusion have anything to do with your hope that he goes to North because you follow said team ???

Where did I discount Carlton?

I provided hard evidence that Caddy is interested in North.
There is no hard evidence providing any link with Carlton.

To be honest, Caddy is likely doing a tour of a few clubs. Except for Melbourne, which he put a line through. That's not super surprising about the North stuff.

What's it come to? A 20 year old who hasn't really shown anything yet is getting guided tours of clubs and getting his balls licked - like he's friggin royalty!

Boak signed for around 400k
Caddy will look for ~3-400k
Goddard ~6-700k

AFAIK all the guys they're losing were last year's veterans & hence, partially outside the cap.
It was reported that Boak re-signed with Port for $700K PA. They were reportedly offering him more than anyone else (shows the state their club is in when they have to offer someone more than everyone else is offering just to get them to stay!:()

On SEN, word on the street is that Fremantle have offered BJ $3.4million for 4 years - $850k
They are also rumouring that Essendon have offered even more
Word on the street is that Freo have offered him 5 years and that it would be more than $850K PA, although the rest of their offer might be through 3rd party arrangements/sponsorships.

Where did I discount Carlton?

I provided hard evidence that Caddy is interested in North.
There is no hard evidence providing any link with Carlton.

What about the article in the Australian yesterday reporting that Caddy had already met with 4 clubs, including Carlton?

What's it come to? A 20 year old who hasn't really shown anything yet is getting guided tours of clubs and getting his balls licked - like he's friggin royalty!

Richmond doesn't show prospective draftees around it's facilities? Is that such an outrageous act?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back