List your teams 8 best players

Remove this Banner Ad

Grundy was 4th in the Pies BnF in 2016.

After a slow start he was a star post bye, avg 20 touches, 30+ HO per game as he began to dominate games and work over bigger more experienced rucks like Mumford and Jacobs.

Going into 2017 would take only Gawn ahead of Grundy as a ruck.

Holy shit balls.

Glad you're happy.

Silvagni has been picked by one Carlton supporter as being in our best 8 players.

I wouldn't spend too much time extrapolating on that one.
I've seen him coming up a fair bit in other threads. I think somebody rated him your third best young player.

I've seen him coming up a fair bit in other threads. I think somebody rated him your third best young player.

Why shouldn't he be discussed in other threads?

Silvagni showed plenty as a first year player - far more than most expected - so we are naturally excited by him and his development.

OK he probably shouldn't be in this thread...but when discussing youth he should certainly be in our conversation.

Why shouldn't he be discussed in other threads?

Silvagni showed plenty as a first year player - far more than most expected - so we are naturally excited by him and his development.

OK he probably shouldn't be in this thread...but when discussing youth he should certainly be in our conversation.
I think Weitering, Cripps, and Docherty are miles ahead of him at this stage.

I think Weitering, Cripps, and Docherty are miles ahead of him at this stage.

Sure, and most would agree with you.

Silvagni is not in our best 8 players and those you named are ahead of him, but beyond that I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.

Ultimately he is a promising young player and is largely being discussed accordingly. Some will always go above and beyond but you're wasting your time taking that too seriously.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not the third best young player at all and well behind Cripps, Docherty, Byrne, Weitering, Marchbank and even Curnow & Plowman, for now.

He was though a bottom-ager and has though just turned 19 whilst growing to 193cm and 90kgs. He'll be a good player............How good?

Not the third best young player at all and well behind Cripps, Docherty, Byrne, Weitering, Marchbank and even Curnow & Plowman, for now.

He was though a bottom-ager and has though just turned 19 whilst growing to 193cm and 90kgs. He'll be a good player............How good?
Who is 193 and 90kg?

1. Dangerfield
2. Joel Selwood
3. Tom Hawkins
4. Lachie Henderson
5. Cam Guthrie
6. Daniel Menzel
7. Steven Motlop
8. Mitch Duncan

This list is more based on actual ability rather than current output, for example Motlop's output is nowhere near this currently but he is definitely in the top 8 on ability when he plays at or near his best. Harry Taylor and Blicavs are playing well and are around the mark of the top 8 and I suspect Tuohy probably will be around this mark but they are probably more 8-13 players rather than top 8 players and Scott Selwood will probably be around that mark also if he finds form and fitness. Menegola was in the top 8 on output of the games he played last year but he needs to keep that up for a longer period before I would put him in this list.

1. Dangerfield
2. Joel Selwood
3. Tom Hawkins
4. Lachie Henderson
5. Cam Guthrie
6. Daniel Menzel
7. Steven Motlop
8. Mitch Duncan

This list is more based on actual ability rather than current output, for example Motlop's output is nowhere near this currently but he is definitely in the top 8 on ability when he plays at or near his best. Harry Taylor and Blicavs are playing well and are around the mark of the top 8 and I suspect Tuohy probably will be around this mark but they are probably more 8-13 players rather than top 8 players and Scott Selwood will probably be around that mark also if he finds form and fitness. Menegola was in the top 8 on output of the games he played last year but he needs to keep that up for a longer period before I would put him in this list.

Interesting to list Henderson before Taylor. I would think Henderson was fringe 22 and Taylor a lock. Obviously don't watch Geelong often enough to have a valid opinion.

Interesting to list Henderson before Taylor. I would think Henderson was fringe 22 and Taylor a lock. Obviously don't watch Geelong often enough to have a valid opinion.

Henderson was really good this year his intercept marking was high class and he beat some really good forwards. Was played out of position as a forward in the prelim but was our best kpd this year. Taylor and lonergan were still good considering their ages but henderson is our best kpd moving forward.

1. Bont
2. Wood
3. Dalhaus
4. Stringer
5. Matty Boyd
6. Macrae
7. Libba
8. J.J

Not easy to do .. Stringer with a good shoulder could be second. Libba could be higher as he continues to improve after his reco. Picken and Morris very unlucky to miss. Matty Boyd is a gun, but at some stage will drop off

1. Bont
2. Wood
3. Dalhaus
4. Stringer
5. Matty Boyd
6. Macrae
7. Libba
8. J.J

Not easy to do .. Stringer with a good shoulder could be second. Libba could be higher as he continues to improve after his reco. Picken and Morris very unlucky to miss. Matty Boyd is a gun, but at some stage will drop off
Hunter instead of Boyd IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

List your teams 8 best players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back