Lobb shines as Dogs thrash Cats at pork barrel stadium 95-48

Remove this Banner Ad

Not only that but we won on every one of those headline stats except for stoppage clearances.*
Disposals 380-320​
Kicks 242-229​
HBs 138-91​
i50s 61-39​
HOs 49-44 (well done Timmy!)​
Clearances 46-46​
CCs 13-8​
Stoppage Clearances 33-38​
CPs 159-142​
UPs 215-146​
TOs 76-90​
Marks 92-72​
Mi50 15-4​
CMs 11-11​
Tackles 86-78​
Ti50 22-12​
Bounces 3-1​
1%ers 50-48​

Just outplayed them in pretty much every department. That amounts to a comprehensive thrashing.

* Also excepting free kicks of course, but to get 12-14 on FKs at Kat Park is as any visiting side could hope for.

Please remember that you are the worst kind of supporter; still happy not to pay another cent while bevo was coach

WTF?

OG is one of the best posters here, Bulldog through and through, who diligently posts interesting really stats regularly here.

You have to be joking?

Chris Scott made an arrogant mistake resting all of his best players last year and allowing us to break the curse. Let's have a 20 year win streak there now.

VDM burning Richards on the wing was the final straw
That annoyed me too as Richards was open. But it might have been a directive with the conditions. Kicking to Richards would have only got 15m so may have been a direction not to risk short kicks and get it as long forward as you can in the wet.

That annoyed me too as Richards was open. But it might have been a directive with the conditions. Kicking to Richards would have only got 15m so may have been a direction not to risk short kicks and get it as long forward as you can in the wet.
Nah, it was a 30 metre simple play. He bombed the ball to half forward for a straight turn over. He is a liability.

Sam Darcy laid a clear game high 11 tackles. 209cm in the mud. What a monster.

Yep. The 3rd man up rule mat have 'killed' us, but Sam Darcy is killing it right back!

The words, "extra midfielder" get thrown around a lot, but wow, is this kid a freak. 🤩

Nothing to add.
We dominated a game from start to finish without Bont (arguably) being in our 5 best.

• Richards, Treloar, Lobb, Khamis, English...
  • Bont, Weightman...the rest.

Shout out to Poulter who I thought was good all game.

To be that guy... Here's my worst 3 moments;

3) VDM's miss early in the 3rd. We were all over them, Bont had just hit the post, and VDM had almost the clearest shot in free play all game... Frustrating.

2) Bont's miss. We love him, but man this is getting tiresome! Set shots from 20-40m are his absolute kryptonite.

1) VDM's total brain fade 2 minutes into the last quarter.
In space at half back, we just needed some control and instead of passing short to a screaming Richards he kicked long down the line to an out of position Astro on 2 Geelong defenders and gave them a chance to launch a counter attack.
FRUSTRATING!

(But all's well, right? 🫣)

Edit: I now see the VDM burn has been covered pretty well!

What a wonderful thing to have defenders that mark the ball, instead of that mindless spoil that can go anywhere.
( remember those 😩)

That back six right now , even without Jones , is a great mix.

Who would have thought this at the start of the year ?

Big big fan of Bramble , great recruiting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 week’s is a long time in footy in many ways .
Our mids were embarrassed by the smacking Port inflicted and have worked there arses off since .
In 2 weeks Liam Jones prob returns and someone will need to make way for him .
A special acknowledgement to both Buku whom along with Lobb who have been a huge part of our recent success .

Syd is the ultimate challenge and whatever happens I have 2 back to back wins at the “Paddock Kardinia” in my bulldogs bank.

WTF was with the ground?

Thought i was watching 1970’s archival footage for a bit tonight.

They know we're super tall so under the cover of it raining all day yesterday they flood the ground.

Then they make some late changes bringing in more smalls to try run us off our feet. We proceed to embarrass them on their own literal ****heap.

That's what I'll go with anyway 😉

Stick Around Bob Ross GIF by Originals

Ed Richards laughing at the state of the ground in the post match interview
Never used to be that bad….not using the good stuff on it anymore…you reap what you sow

Guess they can just build another scoreboard or a grandstand….forget about the turf….won’t somebody think of the turf

How is Freijah still only 18? Such composure for an inexperienced player. His interception late in the game got me really excited.

Take a bow Rory Lobb. Sublime again tonight.

Brilliant win!
Calling it now….he is our new Dale Morris. Mr Dependable. How he was sub a few weeks ago I’ll never know

Went to sleep early. Only found out the result at 1am. Was hard to go back to sleep. Bevo has reformed this team within the season. The whole club deserves credit. Thought before the game it was a danger one for Geelong. Luckily that rung true. Enjoy your day doggies family.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

McNeil probably won't get his kudos on here from most but I feel that he's starting to really understand the team things to do and just needs to learn how to finish.
It was his goal kicking that let him down again though….although Bont was the same.

He played his role tonight and that’s all you can ask

Time to put your hand up and accept that you were wrong if you thought this isn’t a top four list.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
It wasn’t….its needed the influx of youth and for the recruited players to find their way in our systems.

It’s getting there….a top 4 list doesn’t get pantsed by Port and Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Lobb shines as Dogs thrash Cats at pork barrel stadium 95-48

Remove this Banner Ad

Back