Local Geelong Leagues Thread (GFL/BFL) 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has he coached anywhere other than Queenscliff and St Albans? His record is shocking at both these clubs. Barwon Heads is a good club with a young talented line up im with you echo surely they'd be looking at a playing coach, and it shouldn't be very hard for them to entice someone good down there.

Applications closed last week and he put in an application so i'd imagine the club is doing its due diligence that involves a process to find the best available candidate to develop the list etc etc :)

God hope they don't pick him. I think finding someone good is the problem. A lot of positions available in the area and by the sounds of things there a quite a few inexperienced coaches tipping their hat in.

i dont think you know too much about football and that you live your football career thru this website

Pete Raidme has stood down as Grovedale coach because of health concerns. Hopefully Troy Mitchell is avalable for the job coz he'd be an excellent replacement. Boywonder i do believe i mentioned this the other week, not bad considering i know nothing!

Applications closed last week and he put in an application so i'd imagine the club is doing its due diligence that involves a process to find the best available candidate to develop the list etc etc :)

God hope they don't pick him. I think finding someone good is the problem. A lot of positions available in the area and by the sounds of things there a quite a few inexperienced coaches tipping their hat in.
What clubs are looking over the 3 leagues?

What clubs are looking over the 3 leagues?

Pete Davenport will be named as the new coach of St Albans either today or 2moro. Good luck to pete. Im not sure how many clubs are looking for a new coach of the top of my head but its got to be a record around this region. There's at least 10 jobs up for grabs.

Pete Davenport will be named as the new coach of St Albans either today or 2moro. Good luck to pete. Im not sure how many clubs are looking for a new coach of the top of my head but its got to be a record around this region. There's at least 10 jobs up for grabs.

From Muttonchops a little while back:

GFL
Geelong West (filled)
ST Albans
North Shore

BFL
Portarlington (filled)
Barwon Heads
Ocean Grove

GDFL
Blue West
Anakie
Corio

what makes you soo sure that he will be appointed?

What's this bloke like?
History/personalilty??

i dont think you know too much about football and that you live your football career thru this website

Pete Raidme has stood down as Grovedale coach because of health concerns. Hopefully Troy Mitchell is avalable for the job coz he'd be an excellent replacement. Boywonder i do believe i mentioned this the other week, not bad considering i know nothing!
Maybe steve clark should his hand up for the job.As for knowing nothing didnt you pick ammos by 100 plus pionts.

Doesn't have a very good reputation around Geelong.

Come back to early from a broken leg last year which probably affected his on field performance this year. Obviously has a reputation as a hot head but maybe could be a decent coach if he can curtail his on field behaviour. Im not related but know the bloke and wish him all the best.

What does this say about coaches in Geelong.are they only after the money or do they really care about the club?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From Muttonchops a little while back:

GFL
Geelong West (filled)
ST Albans
North Shore

BFL
Portarlington (filled)
Barwon Heads
Ocean Grove

GDFL
Blue West
Anakie
Corio
Just chasing some info for myself from you blokes on this thread...How do you rate the above comps...From 1 - 3 which comp is perceived as the best/strongest???Is there a huge standard and monetry payments difference from 1 - 3???Look forward to some feedback...Cheers

Just chasing some info for myself from you blokes on this thread...How do you rate the above comps...From 1 - 3 which comp is perceived as the best/strongest???Is there a huge standard and monetry payments difference from 1 - 3???Look forward to some feedback...Cheers

Gfl is a road in front of the other 2 comps. Depends who you talk to in regards to the bfl and gdfl but personally i think the gdfl is stronger overall. All 3 leagues have sides with plenty of cash to splash but in terms of quality players running around you'd have to say gfl clubs would have more money to spend. Just my opinion, will get criticsed no doubt!!!

Gfl is a road in front of the other 2 comps. Depends who you talk to in regards to the bfl and gdfl but personally i think the gdfl is stronger overall. All 3 leagues have sides with plenty of cash to splash but in terms of quality players running around you'd have to say gfl clubs would have more money to spend. Just my opinion, will get criticsed no doubt!!!

GFL is the best country league in Victoria basically.\

Normally i agree with you Tim but you are 100% wrong about the GDFL being better than the GFL. The BFL is easily better than the GDFL, in terms of the strength of the teams the upper echelon of BFL teams are able to field.

It is fair to say Drysdale, Ammos, Torquay and even Queenscliffe would defeat most if not all teams in the GDFL.

Agree to disagree tho..

Well done to South Barwon, a quality performance. It is fortunate they won because serious questions would have been asked about why they picked Sherman if they didn't. He was great all year but hobbled around from the first minute!

Well done to South Barwon, they must now be close to the North Shore side of the 90's, although not consecutive premierships, to win via the prelim a couple of times is a sensational effort, dont they make T shirts about runners up being the 1st losers?

Well done to South Barwon, they must now be close to the North Shore side of the 90's, although not consecutive premierships, to win via the prelim a couple of times is a sensational effort, dont they make T shirts about runners up being the 1st losers?
sensational effort by South Barwon to beat St Josephs by a huge margin.Just separates then men from the boys I think and the real deal from the pretenders.

well done to south barwon footy club, from where they were in the 90's to now being one of the strongest clubs in local footy is a sensational effort. Also heard haami williams met with grovey today havnt got anymore info but will try find out more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back