Lodden Valley Football League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have stitched up a few blokes from Heathcote if i remember correctly, with Steve Cox the new coach crossing with some of the boys. His son Shawy along with King, few of the Rings and 2 Middleton's???

Also some Sth Bendigo boys Morcombe, Podosky and Jackson were some names mentioned from a mate of mine at the club, as well as a young ruckman Lewis who was previously Eaglehawk but was in the Ammo's last year has been chased pretty hard.

Fair bit of youth amongst that if they can get them over the line apprently, maybe someone with better bfl and hdfl knowledge can shed som light on the talent of these players as they were just names talked about to me...

Doubt very much that ANY of the Ring boys would be leaving Heathcote, there family lives and breathes that club. Even more so considering they would be fancied as genuine contenders in '09?

And if by Middleton's you mean Sonny, well he's been pretty handy for there seniors at full back over the past 2-3 years, so would be suprised to see him on the move. Yet again, the lure of cash does strange things to footballers?!

For Serps sake, you would hope those rumours are true...as they have a few handy types to cover with the McNally's on the move. Dont know much about the Greenway boys, but they are following them to Horsham aswell.

Has been quiet the past weeek or so on the transfers...so either they are slowing down or clubs are going to unleash them just before the season proper!

Any teams play practice matches today? Bridgy play North Bendigo next weekend.

Starting to get close to the start of the season and it's pretty hard to guess what teams will be like this year with the new crappy transfers list.

Any news on new player movements??

Any teams play practice matches today? Bridgy play North Bendigo next weekend.

Starting to get close to the start of the season and it's pretty hard to guess what teams will be like this year with the new crappy transfers list.

Any news on new player movements??

Had a look at Marong and Mt Pleasant yesterday good hit out for both sides, i would say Marong are going to be right up their this year going by yesterdays form played well with out 5 top name players not playing

Had a look at Marong and Mt Pleasant yesterday good hit out for both sides, i would say Marong are going to be right up their this year going by yesterdays form played well with out 5 top name players not playing

Did Stone or any other new recruits play? Would have been a fair test for Marong up against Mounts. It's often the best way to prepare for the year when you play against strong opposition

Did Stone or any other new recruits play? Would have been a fair test for Marong up against Mounts. It's often the best way to prepare for the year when you play against strong opposition

New recruits Stone, Bell and Ellis didn't play. Neither did Brett Rogers, Ben Jones, Xav. Thompson, Dallas Pedretti, Simon Cluff and Ryan Curtis.

Kane Cluff was good in his first run for the club and Sam Milner made a welcome return.

New recruits Stone, Bell and Ellis didn't play. Neither did Brett Rogers, Ben Jones, Xav. Thompson, Dallas Pedretti, Simon Cluff and Ryan Curtis.

Kane Cluff was good in his first run for the club and Sam Milner made a welcome return.

Milner's back huh? Sounds like it's going to be a potent forward line.

newbridge website shows Brad Comer transferred back from Macorna, whats going on there? anyone know anything about the Maroons new recruits?

Comer's off to Macorna, yes.... but he's probably not playing much (if at all) because his work will take priority over footy.

I'd say he's closer to retiring than most people think. Footy nowadays is a young man's game with no heavy work commitments or family!

Comer's off to Macorna, yes.... but he's probably not playing much (if at all) because his work will take priority over footy.

I'd say he's closer to retiring than most people think. Footy nowadays is a young man's game with no heavy work commitments or family!

Think you might need to check your contacts buddy, he is back at newbridge and ready to go.
But i guess at 24 he is just about over the hill.

Think you might need to check your contacts buddy, he is back at newbridge and ready to go.
But i guess at 24 he is just about over the hill.

Well, his clearance to Macorna has been approved, so I'm stumped.

Contacts are at Macorna, so maybe he fed them the story which is the one I heard about work taking priority.

(btw, you can be 24 and decide to retire.... I said he's closer to retiring b/c of work, not saying he was getting on or couldn't get a kick)

Saw this on the Central Murray thread, could spark things up a bit, give it a crack.

Premier: P'Hill
Runners Up: Marong
Likely Final 5: P'Hill, Marong, Calivil, Miti, Serp
League B&F: T. Wicks... lol - Fev
Most Goals: R. Haythorpe - 80 goals
Story of the Season: Calivil Finally end their streak!
Headline we'd like to see: Calivil Finally end their streak!
Biggest Disappointment: B'Water
Biggest Improver: YCW

Well, his clearance to Macorna has been approved, so I'm stumped.

Contacts are at Macorna, so maybe he fed them the story which is the one I heard about work taking priority.

(btw, you can be 24 and decide to retire.... I said he's closer to retiring b/c of work, not saying he was getting on or couldn't get a kick)

I have been told that Comer is back at Newbridge, from the fella who deals with clearences etc. Very late to be making that decision, but good news for Brucey Hughes if it happens.

Also, and in another transfer twist acoording to the HDFL site, Damien King who was to join Serp with new coach and fellow ex-Saint Steve Cox was rumoured to be back at Heathcote training on Tuesday!

The mass exodus from Barrack Reserve to Serpentine calls may have been a touch premature?

Any praccy games coming up this weekend?

YC has a praccy match this saturday against Albert Park at Backhaus Oval, all 3 sides starting in the morning

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw this on the Central Murray thread, could spark things up a bit, give it a crack.

Premier: P'Hill
Runners Up: Marong
Likely Final 5: P'Hill, Marong, Calivil, Miti, Serp
League B&F: T. Wicks... lol - Fev
Most Goals: R. Haythorpe - 80 goals
Story of the Season: Calivil Finally end their streak!
Headline we'd like to see: Calivil Finally end their streak!
Biggest Disappointment: B'Water
Biggest Improver: YCW

I'd consider all the above a fair prediction....and also agree that Fev will be up their for B & F..........if all goes right for him

had the honor of watching one of the best young footballers in country footy on sat.. young echuca laid, Laun Marsh, played for p-hill... great skills, either side of body, goes in hard, n pace to burn... my bet for league b'n'f...watch out lonndon valley his well above that league, should still be playing VFL...

had the honor of watching one of the best young footballers in country footy on sat.. young echuca laid, Laun Marsh, played for p-hill... great skills, either side of body, goes in hard, n pace to burn... my bet for league b'n'f...watch out lonndon valley his well above that league, should still be playing VFL...

Careful about spruiking too much... the Bombers will poach him back :)

CAn pay bit.. but to rate him as one of the best in country footy is massive overkill... maybe one of the best in that league... thats it

who'd they play? did they win?

Marong played 5 quarters against Stanhope on Sunday. Both sides had a number of players missing. Marong won easily in the end

Makes you wonder about the quality of the Kyabram league when the reigning premier, and dominant team of the past few years, gets beaten easily by Marong who haven't achieved much in recent times. On the other hand it may just be that Marong are going to go to the next level this year.

Marong played 5 quarters against Stanhope on Sunday. Both sides had a number of players missing. Marong won easily in the end

Makes you wonder about the quality of the Kyabram league when the reigning premier, and dominant team of the past few years, gets beaten easily by Marong who haven't achieved much in recent times. On the other hand it may just be that Marong are going to go to the next level this year.

It said on Central Vic Footy that just 8 players are left from their flag so that would tell a fair story but Marong do seem to shaping up well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back