Lodden Valley Football League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Touch a nerve the other day did I Fever?

Yep, you're right; couldn't match it against the good sides last year. I assume you are referring to last year Fever? This 'unfounded arrogance' business, I assume you are referring my posts, along with the other guys from Marong. So you are prepared to cast a net over the team and label them as arrogant based on what a couple of people post on Big Footy? Seems a logical conclusion!

Hellboy stop trying so hard.

you boys sure are feisty! if money has everything to do with footy, then how footballers act off field does too! you dont kick mark or tackle a hundred dollar bill! you boys are full of contridictions! Let it go you duds and talk footy not trash. i clearly made you crabby with my post and i appologise. i was after a rise and got it. moving on now.
Whats up with newbridge and miti so up and down?

you boys sure are feisty! if money has everything to do with footy, then how footballers act off field does too! you dont kick mark or tackle a hundred dollar bill! you boys are full of contridictions! Let it go you duds and talk footy not trash. i clearly made you crabby with my post and i appologise. i was after a rise and got it. moving on now.
Whats up with newbridge and miti so up and down?

Cheese you say one thing then mean another, read what you write before you angrily send another a post.

This is what I can gage so far having watched several games and followed the results.

Pyramid Hill - Obviously are a top three side, have got some good players due to money no doubt there and I would say will definately be in the top 3.

Calival - Won last 5 premierships and will always sneak along at the start, definate top 3 finish for them.

Newbridge - I think they will suprise this year and I predict them to finish 4th or 5th.

Marong - Would say the will make up the top 3 but still not convinced, definately a final 5 team though?

Mitiamo - Good side with an unlucky draw at the weekend, will round out the top 5 I would say for sure.

Bridgewater - Another team who will battle it out for that 4th 5th or 6th spot, but not sure if they will be able to hold up mentally for the full season.

YCW/Inglewood - Very similar teams in that they have improved YCW anyway. Will trouble the odd side or 2 maybe late in the season but thats about it.

Bears/Serp - Not to sure will finish towards the lower end of the ladder not saying the spoon but may pull off that suprose win here or there to get em off the bottom.

ENJOY!

If you read half a sentence further, you'll notice that I did!

My tips 4 this round
Marong by 40 points
Bridgy 100 points
P/hill by 10 points
Newbridge by 100 points

2nds
Marong by 30 points
Bridgy by 50 points'
Calivil by 10 points
Newbridge by 45 points

17's
Marong by 60 points
bridgy by 30 points
P/hill by 6 points
newbridge

My tips 4 this round
Marong by 40 points
Bridgy 100 points
P/hill by 10 points
Newbridge by 100 points

2nds
Marong by 30 points
Bridgy by 50 points'
Calivil by 10 points
Newbridge by 45 points

17's
Marong by 60 points
bridgy by 30 points
P/hill by 6 points
newbridge

That is a very big call, sure you'd expect them to win but 100 points?

Cheese you say one thing then mean another, read what you write before you angrily send another a post.

This is what I can gage so far having watched several games and followed the results.

Pyramid Hill - Obviously are a top three side, have got some good players due to money no doubt there and I would say will definately be in the top 3.

Calival - Won last 5 premierships and will always sneak along at the start, definate top 3 finish for them.

Newbridge - I think they will suprise this year and I predict them to finish 4th or 5th.

Marong - Would say the will make up the top 3 but still not convinced, definately a final 5 team though?

Mitiamo - Good side with an unlucky draw at the weekend, will round out the top 5 I would say for sure.

Bridgewater - Another team who will battle it out for that 4th 5th or 6th spot, but not sure if they will be able to hold up mentally for the full season.

YCW/Inglewood - Very similar teams in that they have improved YCW anyway. Will trouble the odd side or 2 maybe late in the season but thats about it.

Bears/Serp - Not to sure will finish towards the lower end of the ladder not saying the spoon but may pull off that suprose win here or there to get em off the bottom.

ENJOY!

and maybe others should read their posts before posting Calivil has won the past 6 flags sunshine

and maybe others should read their posts before posting Calivil has won the past 6 flags sunshine

Sorry Big Rick! 5 or 6 or even 7 if you like who really cares they have won a Sh*$t load of premierships recently so who really cares. I couldn't see in recent posts where it says 6 so maybe you to need to have a look!

Sorry Big Rick! 5 or 6 or even 7 if you like who really cares they have won a Sh*$t load of premierships recently so who really cares. I couldn't see in recent posts where it says 6 so maybe you to need to have a look!

I thought 6 too! didnt wanna say though as blokes on this thread take everything as gospel! Whats news at calivil anyways? Slipping under the radar again and everybody writing them off on the street like the past 3 years!
Is Gaddo and Pointo playing at serp i hear? Surely not? Darts Bourke told me! Has to be 100% accurate with ol' darts doesn't it!

I know your just looking for a bite but I dont think there would be that much difference. Alot of LV clubs give you cash if you play 1s, say $30-$40 and while this happens in th HD I suggest its not as common. If you look at the recruits coming into the leagues you can see why there is a different level of footy. LV seems to get alot of Bendigo 2s and MCDFL players (and some I dunno how they get paid as they are average 2s players) where the HDFL gets players from GVFL and Bendigo ones. I would think that why there is a difference it wouldnt be that big (apart from maybe 1, possibly 2 teams).

The HDFL also has alot of good juniors coming through to play 1s footy with their home club and are good enough to play in BFL or GVFL, I'm not sure about LVs young fellas.

keep in mind that LV 17s beat HD 17s in last years interleague game..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what can anyone tell me about toby frenkel from marong?

Good solid young local who has a brilliant over head mark. Can kick the footy 50-60m with accuracy. Doesn't play hard enough for his size but with confidence will be a great asset to Marong. From the sideline he has a real presence in the games.
Hellboy will know more as they were neighbours.

what can anyone tell me about toby frenkel from marong?

You must be from Woorinen then Dockers?

As Kneeless mentioned, Toby is very strong overhead and can kick a long way. He's only 19 and about 6 foot 3. He's a bit lean and could be pushed around by a bigger bodied player if he was to play key position in a major league. Can play pretty much anywhere on the ground. Has been in our best in the first two games of the season.

It's disappointing to see Toby off to Woorinen (that's if I don't knock back his clearance), especially given that they will struggle while Marong should figure prominently in finals this year. While he does have family up there, it's safe to say he's not heading up there for peanuts.

You must be from Woorinen then Dockers?

As Kneeless mentioned, Toby is very strong overhead and can kick a long way. He's only 19 and about 6 foot 3. He's a bit lean and could be pushed around by a bigger bodied player if he was to play key position in a major league. Can play pretty much anywhere on the ground. Has been in our best in the first two games of the season.

It's disappointing to see Toby off to Woorinen (that's if I don't knock back his clearance), especially given that they will struggle while Marong should figure prominently in finals this year. While he does have family up there, it's safe to say he's not heading up there for peanuts.

i believe a job may be on offer for him as well maybe hellboy, but unsure of money or anything just trying to find out about a teamate

I was speaking to Abbott the other day and he was bragging about recruiting Josh Sharpe from G.Square, said he will tear the league apart at chf.

my god the only thing josh sharpe from g square could tear apart is his lunch bag... just shows the standard of footy these days... and as for that christian carter, captain of a club and picked in the interleague team... my god, ballarat will flog bfl... the standard of footy relects back through every league too... j.diss at pyramid hill getting paid big bucks... what a joke... he is just a fit 2's player at best...

my god the only thing josh sharpe from g square could tear apart is his lunch bag... just shows the standard of footy these days... and as for that christian carter, captain of a club and picked in the interleague team... my god, ballarat will flog bfl... the standard of footy relects back through every league too... j.diss at pyramid hill getting paid big bucks... what a joke... he is just a fit 2's player at best...

Please share some of your footy achievements mr.big gun.

Please share some of your footy achievements mr.big gun.

I would have to agree with some of the apparent money that is being thrown around for okay 2's players from bendigo. The amount some clubs spend could be better used on better quality players. I think that players in th LVFL who are on decent money should be bale to play Bendigo Seniors. Bendigo 2's is not that crash hot.

As for Carter I think he deserves his accolades. He is a good player who can win a game off his own boot when his on fire. BFL selection for him is well deserved!

I would have to agree with some of the apparent money that is being thrown around for okay 2's players from bendigo. The amount some clubs spend could be better used on better quality players. I think that players in th LVFL who are on decent money should be bale to play Bendigo Seniors. Bendigo 2's is not that crash hot.

As for Carter I think he deserves his accolades. He is a good player who can win a game off his own boot when his on fire. BFL selection for him is well deserved!

I agree on both points mate, the criticism on Carts was unwarranted, i think going by urmumishot's post he has an agenda against square. But he does have a valid point about big coin being thrown around at BFL 2's players, in saying that though I cannot imagine many BFL senior players would want to play in the LVFL.

Sharp and Diss top blokes but you are 100% spot on urmumishot! As for carter, what games has he won off his own boot? Bit of a front runner if you ask me. The money i heard diss to be getting is shameful to the lodden valley. But lets face it, if a club offers it you are mad not to take it hey? They must have it, so spend it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back