Lodden Valley Football League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree on both points mate, the criticism on Carts was unwarranted, i think going by urmumishot's post he has an agenda against square. But he does have a valid point about big coin being thrown around at BFL 2's players, in saying that though I cannot imagine many BFL senior players would want to play in the LVFL.

no agenda on square... just some examples... julian lake seniors at south... he would not have got a twos game a few years ago and yet he is playing 1s for the top team in the bfl...

why cant clubs in the bfl lvfl and hdfl hold onto 'real' quality players? why do they go to the gvfl and other leagues?

it is just disapointing... do we not pay enough money? dont we have the coin that the gvfl clubs have?

why are our interleague teams always so average?

Sharp and Diss top blokes but you are 100% spot on urmumishot! As for carter, what games has he won off his own boot? Bit of a front runner if you ask me. The money i heard diss to be getting is shameful to the lodden valley. But lets face it, if a club offers it you are mad not to take it hey? They must have it, so spend it!

Here is a recent game you might say he won off his own boot cheese, game was still in the balance at 3/4 time. His tally of goals just about somes up the victory!

KANGAROO FLAT v. GOLDEN SQUARE
Round 1 - 10/04/2009
Golden Square 3.2, 8.4, 15.7, 22.11 (143)
Kangaroo Flat 3.0, 8.0, 14.3, 14.7 (91)
GOALS, Golden Square :
C. Carter 8, D. Jones 3, M. Lloyd 2, A. Baird 2, J. Griffin 2, A. Hawkins 2,
M. Klein-Breteler 1, N. Bell 1, S. Young 1
Kangaroo Flat :
J. Maddern 6, T. Downie 3, T. Findlay 2, S. Geary 1, T. McInnes 1, D. Roy 1
BEST, Golden Square :
A. Baird, C. Carter, B. Dorrington, D. Jones, L. Rosa, M. Klein-Breteler
Kangaroo Flat :
T. Findlay, T. Downie, J. Maddern, N. LANG, J. West, J. Curtain

Here is a recent game you might say he won off his own boot cheese, game was still in the balance at 3/4 time. His tally of goals just about somes up the victory!

KANGAROO FLAT v. GOLDEN SQUARE
Round 1 - 10/04/2009
Golden Square 3.2, 8.4, 15.7, 22.11 (143)
Kangaroo Flat 3.0, 8.0, 14.3, 14.7 (91)
GOALS, Golden Square :
C. Carter 8, D. Jones 3, M. Lloyd 2, A. Baird 2, J. Griffin 2, A. Hawkins 2,
M. Klein-Breteler 1, N. Bell 1, S. Young 1
Kangaroo Flat :
J. Maddern 6, T. Downie 3, T. Findlay 2, S. Geary 1, T. McInnes 1, D. Roy 1
BEST, Golden Square :
A. Baird, C. Carter, B. Dorrington, D. Jones, L. Rosa, M. Klein-Breteler
Kangaroo Flat :
T. Findlay, T. Downie, J. Maddern, N. LANG, J. West, J. Curtain

yes that does look convincing... k flat are not world beaters though... he shines against the average teams but goes missing against a better outfit... a bit like balsal singh from ehawk i hear...

yes that does look convincing... k flat are not world beaters though... he shines against the average teams but goes missing against a better outfit... a bit like balsal singh from ehawk i hear...

You're very hard to please mate, must be quite a gun footballer yourself to be bagging out these blokes. Flat are a top 5 team this year and are reasonably strong. How many brownlows have you won out of curiosity?

My tips
YCW by 2 points
calivil by 70 points
newbridge by 22 points
bridgy by 1
2s
YCW by 11 points
calivil by 168 points
newbrige by 12 points
bridgy by 37 points
17s
YCW by 86 points
calivil to win against inglewood
newbridge by 13 points
miti by 46 points

please include 2s and 17s in ur tipping if possible . . . .

YCW Thirds by 86 points what a joke. Pyramid's thirds side may have been half the size of the YCW blokes and a third of their weight, but Pyramid's young kids played well and had a win.

Results for round 4
Seniors:
7.8-50 YCW def. by Marong 20.15-135
30.8-188 Bridgewater def. BL Serpentine 9.7-61
10.5-65 Calivil United def. by Pyramid Hill 18.14-122
12.7-79 Newbridge def. Inglewood 7.5-47

Reserves:
11.4-70 YCW def. by Marong 12.15-87
28.17-185 Bridgewater def. BL Serpentine 0.1-1
5.7-37 Calivil United def. by Pyramid Hill 9.13-67
21.16-142 Newbridge def. Inglewood 0.0-0

Juniors:
9.5-59 YCW def. by Marong 11.7-73
20.25-145 Bridgewater def. BL Serpentine 2.1-13
5.2-32 Calivil United def. by Pyramid Hill 15.7-97
Newbridge

heard sam kennedy was best on in the pyramid hill calival game in the juniors, and could be a big shot to play seniors this weekend. pyramid are lucky to have him cause i heard a whisper that ouyen in the mallee league were throwing big coin at him. tall and athletic with silky skills and runs the lines very well, also knows his way around goals.

heard sam kennedy was best on in the pyramid hill calival game in the juniors, and could be a big shot to play seniors this weekend. pyramid are lucky to have him cause i heard a whisper that ouyen in the mallee league were throwing big coin at him. tall and athletic with silky skills and runs the lines very well, also knows his way around goals.

very good player for p/hill

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah hes a gun saw him play against marong played very well that day, a really strong mark and a great athlete and has got great skills a star of the future. seems young 2 be gettn offerd big coin though, but no doubt in a few years will be gettn offerd big coin from alot of clubs

YCW Thirds by 86 points what a joke. Pyramid's thirds side may have been half the size of the YCW blokes and a third of their weight, but Pyramid's young kids played well and had a win.

a third of their weight ??? ycw didnt play well and none of their players had expirience in that kind of wind . . . they went close to marong and probably deserved the win but too bad. . . . pyrimid have a big centre line abd they carry the side but id like to see ycw vs pyrimid at yc it might be a different result

a third of their weight ??? ycw didnt play well and none of their players had expirience in that kind of wind . . . they went close to marong and probably deserved the win but too bad. . . . pyrimid have a big centre line abd they carry the side but id like to see ycw vs pyrimid at yc it might be a different result

ycw were lucky 2 come that close 2 marong 17s. marong had a couple of good players out and didnt even play that good. ycw were lucky because marong could of won by a lot more if they had of played good

There were 2 important players missing from the Marong 17's side on the weekend. Ash Lewis-Bant (midfield) and Nathan Daykin (ruckmen) and with Jared Bice not 100% the margin could of been a lot greater had those 3 men played

The pyramid boys were tiny compared to YCW's boys. I don't think the Pyramid boys have had any experience in that kind of wind either, so the wind cannot be used as an excuse. Marong is a much better side than YCW. However as the season goes on, by the time YCW plays Pyramid at YCW, YCW's will have picked up all the blokes not getting a game in the BFL and will be much stronger, whereas Pyramid's team will remain with the same local kids.

wouldnt go as far to say they desrved 2 win, marong lead 4 most of the match without ash lewis bant (co-captain), nathan daykin (ruckman) and isaac parkinson (centre half back), and took jarryd bice in not 100%, but to ycws credit they were very good, had a red hot dip and certainly pushed marong. interesting to note they had only 17 players on their list in saturdays elvee but still played with 20 or 21 players so theyd obviously recruited a few 4 that game and on that effort theyll play finals 4 sure. as far as the footy 4 the rest of the day went the 2s was a very similar sort of game, while the seniors was fairly one sided with marong, although not at their best having a convincing win, good too see chris stone back kicking 5 goals expect further improvement from him and the team.

YC are dedicated to teaching the kids that have and letting them develop as the season goes on, they won't be dumping those that have supported them from the start of the season to those in the BJFL that aren't getting a game elsewhere. YC have kids playing that have never ever played before, so as the season goes on they will learn the game. Marong is definitely the side to watch out for this year so I wouldn't take much away from YC's performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back