Lodden Valley Football League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty disappointing to hear that the LVFL seemingly couldn't be bothered putting in the limited amount of effort needed to put a side together for the bushfire fundraiser at the QEO on Labour Day. The league was asked if they were interested in playing the curtain raiser to the All Stars/ Bombers match against the HDFL. After a ring around to the club presidents, it seems the executive took it upon themselves to decide there was not enough time to get a side together, even though the HDFL said they'd have no problem.

One can only assume that the heirachy may be a bit frightened of the LVFL having their pants pulled down by the HDFL.

Pi$$ Weak :thumbsdown:

Pretty disappointing to hear that the LVFL seemingly couldn't be bothered putting in the limited amount of effort needed to put a side together for the bushfire fundraiser at the QEO on Labour Day. The league was asked if they were interested in playing the curtain raiser to the All Stars/ Bombers match against the HDFL. After a ring around to the club presidents, it seems the executive took it upon themselves to decide there was not enough time to get a side together, even though the HDFL said they'd have no problem.

One can only assume that the heirachy may be a bit frightened of the LVFL having their pants pulled down by the HDFL.

Now there is likely to be a celebrity match instead. Not really going to pull the crowds to the footy 2 hours earlier than they would otherwise get there like a LVFL/HDFL match would.

What is the obsession with establishing which league is stronger? It would have been great for the game to go ahead to raise some money but I presume the Loddon Valley executive are focused on providing a good competition this year as opposed to worrying if they are as 'Good' as the HDFL.

We all know that the HDFL is stronger based on the ridiculous amount of money spent by clubs in that league to attract a higher standard of player from major leagues in there areas. That is a fact and as long as it happens the HDFL will be stronger.

What is the obsession with establishing which league is stronger? It would have been great for the game to go ahead to raise some money but I presume the Loddon Valley executive are focused on providing a good competition this year as opposed to worrying if they are as 'Good' as the HDFL.

We all know that the HDFL is stronger based on the ridiculous amount of money spent by clubs in that league to attract a higher standard of player from major leagues in there areas. That is a fact and as long as it happens the HDFL will be stronger.

I know your just looking for a bite but I dont think there would be that much difference. Alot of LV clubs give you cash if you play 1s, say $30-$40 and while this happens in th HD I suggest its not as common. If you look at the recruits coming into the leagues you can see why there is a different level of footy. LV seems to get alot of Bendigo 2s and MCDFL players (and some I dunno how they get paid as they are average 2s players) where the HDFL gets players from GVFL and Bendigo ones. I would think that why there is a difference it wouldnt be that big (apart from maybe 1, possibly 2 teams).

The HDFL also has alot of good juniors coming through to play 1s footy with their home club and are good enough to play in BFL or GVFL, I'm not sure about LVs young fellas.

It seems a real problem that the administration of the Loddon Valley just aren't proactive in so many ways including promoting their competition. They would have just knocked that idea on the head because they couldn't be bothered getting organised.
Until they change the standard and interest in the competition will remain the way it is.

Pretty sad to see them not being able to field a 17's side this year. But i guess its a good thing in a way, now the juniors won't have a bye during the year

Pretty certain that is just not a rumour... I think they have about 12 to pick from...

Such a shame...In recent years, Inglewood has tried really hard to keep the U17 team going.

LVFL is well administered for kids footy...but just doesn't have enough kids...

The BJFL administration is struggling...and has too many kids.......

Pretty sad to see them not being able to field a 17's side this year. But i guess its a good thing in a way, now the juniors won't have a bye during the year

Um........I dunno how that would work Hayden....When your Marong Snrs, netballers etc play Inglewood....the Marong U17's would go elsewhere to play..!!!!????....

I suppose it would be a better option than having 4 byes for the year...Let's see how our LVFL committee deal with the problem...

just wondering how pyramid-hill are going to fill the the spot of chilcott and weather he will be missed from both sides of the fence (players? supports):confused:

surely Under 17's would just not play the day that they are scheduled to play Inglewood, otherwise its too much stuffing around with the draw and then your under 17's kids can't car pool with snr blokes to away matches, can't run water for snr matches or have any support for their game from snr players and in the instances where under 17's coaches also play for the club how would they go travelling between matches........surely it wouldn't be suggested that under 17's play a different club when their senior & reserves sides are playing inglewood....that is just ridiculous

surely Under 17's would just not play the day that they are scheduled to play Inglewood, otherwise its too much stuffing around with the draw and then your under 17's kids can't car pool with snr blokes to away matches, can't run water for snr matches or have any support for their game from snr players and in the instances where under 17's coaches also play for the club how would they go travelling between matches........surely it wouldn't be suggested that under 17's play a different club when their senior & reserves sides are playing inglewood....that is just ridiculous

Agree 100% with that, you want your U17's supporting the seniors... if this means they aren't playing when the club plays Inglewood, then so be it. They should still come along and support.

I know your just looking for a bite but I dont think there would be that much difference. Alot of LV clubs give you cash if you play 1s, say $30-$40 and while this happens in th HD I suggest its not as common. If you look at the recruits coming into the leagues you can see why there is a different level of footy. LV seems to get alot of Bendigo 2s and MCDFL players (and some I dunno how they get paid as they are average 2s players) where the HDFL gets players from GVFL and Bendigo ones. I would think that why there is a difference it wouldnt be that big (apart from maybe 1, possibly 2 teams).

The HDFL also has alot of good juniors coming through to play 1s footy with their home club and are good enough to play in BFL or GVFL, I'm not sure about LVs young fellas.

You must be kidding if you don't think money is the difference. Most HDFL clubs would double what most LVFL clubs would be paying. I'm tipping Mounts are paying two players more than most of the LVFL sides would be paying out this year.

I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with this, but to say there wouldn't be much of a difference is a joke.

The main difference between LVFL and HDFL is the size of the towns that play in the league. Apart from Mount Plesant, every other side in the competition has quite a big town to be based in and even though Mount Plesant isn't a large place, everyone knows where their cash comes from. LVFL on the other hand, apart from Pyramid Hill and Ingelwood, the rest of the towns are made up of a local store and pub and that is about it. Some of them not even having that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Um........I dunno how that would work Hayden....When your Marong Snrs, netballers etc play Inglewood....the Marong U17's would go elsewhere to play..!!!!????....

I suppose it would be a better option than having 4 byes for the year...Let's see how our LVFL committee deal with the problem...

it could work if they took the team that has the bye and played against the team thats playing inglewood. for e.g. round 1 inglewood play marong at inglewood, and pyramid hill have bye. so it could work if pyramid came 2 inglewood for u17s and played against marong.

Pi$$ Weak :thumbsdown:
doona2,i presume this statement is based on some research u done into why the game isnt going ahead e.g speaking to officials from both league administrations.if so u have contacts in high places.if not its a big call coming from a person in charge of a club that left the hdfl because it all seemed too hard.people in glass houses.

doona2,i presume this statement is based on some research u done into why the game isnt going ahead e.g speaking to officials from both league administrations.if so u have contacts in high places.if not its a big call coming from a person in charge of a club that left the hdfl because it all seemed too hard.people in glass houses.

Thats amusing, you have having a go at Doona for voicing his opinion on a topic you think he has no idea about then you go an make a comment about Broady leaving the league which you obviously have no idea about. Hypocrite

You must be kidding if you don't think money is the difference. Most HDFL clubs would double what most LVFL clubs would be paying. I'm tipping Mounts are paying two players more than most of the LVFL sides would be paying out this year.

I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with this, but to say there wouldn't be much of a difference is a joke.

The main difference between LVFL and HDFL is the size of the towns that play in the league. Apart from Mount Plesant, every other side in the competition has quite a big town to be based in and even though Mount Plesant isn't a large place, everyone knows where their cash comes from. LVFL on the other hand, apart from Pyramid Hill and Ingelwood, the rest of the towns are made up of a local store and pub and that is about it. Some of them not even having that.

Who are the power houses of the HDFL.... Colbo and Mounts. Who has struggled lately..... North and Huntly. I dont think the size really matters look at Rochy they won the GV flag and are the smallest town in the league.

Colbo, Mounts, Locky are tiny like most LV towns and if you look at the demographics you would see towns like Elmore are mainly the elderly. Size of the towns dont matter, whose won the last 6 flags? Its about having good people around the club and creating a good culture. Thats why its the same clubs that win the flags and have less turnover of players

Who are the power houses of the HDFL.... Colbo and Mounts. Who has struggled lately..... North and Huntly. I dont think the size really matters look at Rochy they won the GV flag and are the smallest town in the league.

Colbo, Mounts, Locky are tiny like most LV towns and if you look at the demographics you would see towns like Elmore are mainly the elderly. Size of the towns dont matter, whose won the last 6 flags? Its about having good people around the club and creating a good culture. Thats why its the same clubs that win the flags and have less turnover of players

i think you are missing the point mate. earlier you said the money in both leagues were roughly the same, that is a crock of sh1t. Mounts might not be a big town, but as i stated, they are an exception as they have an income from the farm they own. The other two towns you named are far bigger than most of the LVFL towns. I don't really care about the age of the people that live there, its the fact that they have a number of business that run in the area and these businesses support the local football club. How many businesses are in Mitiamo, i don't know if there are any now with the pub closed, Newbridge has a pub and a local store, Calivil has nothing, Serp and Bridgewater have a couple of businesses and then you have Marong, Inglewood and Pyramid Hill who are a bit bigger again. But to compare them to towns like Heathcote, Elmore, White Hills and Huntly is a joke.
The other point is in the BFL all the sides, bar S'saye, are on the LVFL side of Bendigo, these sides, such as K Flat, Golden Square and Eaglehawk take a lot of the local talent from the Loddon Valley and also have players stay at these clubs because it is easier travel. On the other side of Bendigo you have no BFL sides to worry about, if you live in Huntly or White Hills you may as well play there becase the travel is easy.

anyway, point is there is a lot more money spent in the HDFL and based on this i would hope the standard of this league is better than what LVFL is. To say the LVFL are p1ss weak and this that and the other is crap, why don't the HDFL play against a BFL side, wouldn't be a lot of difference in the money spent there, now that would be an even comp, or are the HDFL to p1ss weak to try that?? don't want to have their pants pulled down.

To say the LVFL are p1ss weak and this that and the other is crap, why don't the HDFL play against a BFL side, wouldn't be a lot of difference in the money spent there, now that would be an even comp, or are the HDFL to p1ss weak to try that?? don't want to have their pants pulled down.

I'm sure that there would be many of the HDFL sides that would love to line up against a BFL side, I'm just not so sure if the feeling would be mutual. The HDFL side(s) would obviously go in as underdogs so would have nothing to lose, I think you would find the BFL sides would be more nervous about losing to a supposedly 'lesser' team.
If you remember last year there was a big debate about some guys from Mounts claiming they would beat K Flat or Castlemaine after watching the game under lights at Dower Park, think it may have even made the Addy. Although much was made of it and the claim refuted by many a BFL follower, no-one followed up on it to make a game happen to prove one another wrong. I don't think Mounts - or other HDFL clubs such as Colbo, Heathcote, LBU or Elmore for that matter - would've backed down given the opportunity - just taken it as a learning experience win, lose or draw in a preseason fixture with nothing on the line.

ok you've got me :eek: For your information (as Nesko and many others know) I was dead against the move to the RDFL but seeing you're casting the net over the entire club then I guess I have to cop. Ive put my feelings aside to back the younger demographic that led the push and help oversee the clubs first season there.

A few people I know thru the LVFL were keen on the idea but said the admin were the one's not keen. So if I'm ill informed fair enough I apologise, but if in fact there was a nucleus of players willing to support a great cause then yeah I still thinks its piss weak - not on your league as a whole but those few who may have whacked the idea in the "too hard basket" and blocked it from taking place.

ok you've got me :eek: For your information (as Nesko and many others know) I was dead against the move to the RDFL but seeing you're casting the net over the entire club then I guess I have to cop. Ive put my feelings aside to back the younger demographic that led the push and help oversee the clubs first season there.

A few people I know thru the LVFL were keen on the idea but said the admin were the one's not keen. So if I'm ill informed fair enough I apologise, but if in fact there was a nucleus of players willing to support a great cause then yeah I still thinks its piss weak - not on your league as a whole but those few who may have whacked the idea in the "too hard basket" and blocked it from taking place.

been a bit quiet on here lately. whats news around the traps how r the clubs shaping up

It has been too quiet, with less than a month to go until season start.........Loddon Valley clearances can be viewed at (or should I say "Lodden" and "Clearnace's") http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-6173-0-0-0&sID=116689

At this stage, heaps of movement at Pyramid and Mitiamo. Bridgewater either hasn't recruited well as yet...or hasn't submitted their paperwork.

Clubs are confident in fielding full Under 17 teams.

Practice games coming up. Will be interesting to see who and where.

How are Serp going, i see both mcnally's and both greenaways have left, that will leave a big hole in the middle.

Word has it magic mclean is on his way back to k flat, that will be a massive loss for Newbridge.

How are Serp going, i see both mcnally's and both greenaways have left, that will leave a big hole in the middle.

They have stitched up a few blokes from Heathcote if i remember correctly, with Steve Cox the new coach crossing with some of the boys. His son Shawy along with King, few of the Rings and 2 Middleton's???

Also some Sth Bendigo boys Morcombe, Podosky and Jackson were some names mentioned from a mate of mine at the club, as well as a young ruckman Lewis who was previously Eaglehawk but was in the Ammo's last year has been chased pretty hard.

Fair bit of youth amongst that if they can get them over the line apprently, maybe someone with better bfl and hdfl knowledge can shed som light on the talent of these players as they were just names talked about to me...

Getting close to kick off now.

When and who are clubs playing practice matches against?

Marong has Mt Pleasant at Heathcote on Saturday 14th and Stanhope at Stanhope on Sunday 22nd. Probably both 6 quarter games.

How are clubs going for numbers? Marong had 40+ on the track on Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back