Lodden Valley Football League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on there Hellboy, Miti only had 2 local senior players last year and 2 local juniors who played on and off (will have the same amount this year) With about 80% of 2s being local.

There was 35 at training last week, with 12 new players (8-10 of them will be seniors). So hopefully we have recovered after so many players leaving at the start of the year. Will have to wait and see if there is any quaility there. We have a practice match scheduled against strathfieldsaye, which should be interesting playing against the likes of Wicks, Woods and Nicholls, and just to see how their team is shaping up for the BFL.
Is this Strathfieldsaye's first match? For a new club who are undoubtedly trying to attract supporters and sponsors, they are in for a rude shock the first time Wicks opens his mouth. Cant deny his football ability or his ability to keep people away from games with that mouth of his. Should be interesting.
They sound like good numbers at training. How many have signed and any names yet?

hey soup er roo when is this practice match happening? what time and where? It would be funny to see wicks loose his sh#t

They play Elmore at Elmore first on the 7th of March, then they will play us, im assuming it will be a night match at Miti, because most (if not all) of miti's practice matches are night games.
I will post it when i know for sure.

Is this Strathfieldsaye's first match? For a new club who are undoubtedly trying to attract supporters and sponsors, they are in for a rude shock the first time Wicks opens his mouth. Cant deny his football ability or his ability to keep people away from games with that mouth of his. Should be interesting.
They sound like good numbers at training. How many have signed and any names yet?

Sorry cant give you names, missed training, can only go on what i was told by players who were there. I hear they nearly all signed, a young 200cm bloke, a couple from Charton and Alex Chapman from Heatcoate, as you probably already have heard.

Stone, Christopher
Maryborough Castlemaine District Football League
Harcourt Football Club
Loddon Valley Football League
Marong Football Netball Club Inc.
Approved
Cluff, Kane
Inglewood Football Club
Approved
Ellis, Luke
Bendigo Football League
Castlemaine Football and Netball Club
Approved
TURNBULL, CAMERON
Top End Australian Football Association
PINTS
Pending
Bell, Aaron
Maryborough Castlemaine District Football League
Harcourt Football Club
Pending

I see Bendigo Footy League now has clearances/transfers up on their website, no such luck for Loddon Valley or Heathcote Leagues as yet.....
Inglewood lost a couple of players, as have Calival

I see Bendigo Footy League now has clearances/transfers up on their website, no such luck for Loddon Valley or Heathcote Leagues as yet.....
Inglewood lost a couple of players, as have Calival
Any names other than Kane Cluff?

Any names other than Kane Cluff?
Sean Gallagher from P/Hill To G/Square
Bryce Curnow from Calv. to G/Square

Peter White from Sand to I'Wood
Josh Sharp from G/Square to I'Wood
Dustin Craig from G/Sqaure to PHill
Jamiiah Diss from G/Square to PHill
Luke Ellis from C/Maine to Marong

This was last updated on Monday

Sean Gallagher from P/Hill To G/Square
Bryce Curnow from Calv. to G/Square

Peter White from Sand to I'Wood
Josh Sharp from G/Square to I'Wood
Dustin Craig from G/Sqaure to PHill
Jamiiah Diss from G/Square to PHill
Luke Ellis from C/Maine to Marong

This was last updated on Monday

You forgot a few

Blair Wild - Square to P Hill
Joel Pianto - E/hawk to Mitiamo
Brayden Baines - E/hawk to Mitiamo

J Billett - Ing to E/hawk

You forgot a few

Blair Wild - Square to P Hill
Joel Pianto - E/hawk to Mitiamo
Brayden Baines - E/hawk to Mitiamo

J Billett - Ing to E/hawk

Josh Metherall - Eaglehawk to Bridgewater
Luan Marsh - Echuca United to Pyramid Hill
Peter Bird - Echuca United to Pyramid Hill
John Foskett - Moama to Pyramid Hill
Joseph Pezzelato - Campbells Creek to YCW

Surely Pyramid aren't going to make the same mistake again?? Peter Bird cost them a flag a few years ago and they are starting to put together a record of falling over when it matters. Why would they go there again??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely Pyramid aren't going to make the same mistake again?? Peter Bird cost them a flag a few years ago and they are starting to put together a record of falling over when it matters. Why would they go there again??

I think everyone in the last 6 years has fallen over when it matters, dont you think, (cal 6). and on bird, pyramid would'nt go there if they think it wont work.

The only problem is that Pyramid have gone into those Finals series as THE team. They have had great seasons, done all of the hard work and then you have one of your best players, and Bird was that year for sure, have a brain snap. I just think it is a big risk given that you weren't that far away anyhow.

The only problem is that Pyramid have gone into those Finals series as THE team. They have had great seasons, done all of the hard work and then you have one of your best players, and Bird was that year for sure, have a brain snap. I just think it is a big risk given that you weren't that far away anyhow.

One thing i can say for Bird is that in the Grand final of 06? he was the only one to show any ticker against Calival, the rest of them went into their shells and refused to give a yelp ( refer last years grand final ). Mind you, he will need to reel in the aggression just a touch if he plans to play the whole year!

Pretty disappointing to hear that the LVFL seemingly couldn't be bothered putting in the limited amount of effort needed to put a side together for the bushfire fundraiser at the QEO on Labour Day. The league was asked if they were interested in playing the curtain raiser to the All Stars/ Bombers match against the HDFL. After a ring around to the club presidents, it seems the executive took it upon themselves to decide there was not enough time to get a side together, even though the HDFL said they'd have no problem.

One can only assume that the heirachy may be a bit frightened of the LVFL having their pants pulled down by the HDFL.

Now there is likely to be a celebrity match instead. Not really going to pull the crowds to the footy 2 hours earlier than they would otherwise get there like a LVFL/HDFL match would.

Pretty disappointing to hear that the LVFL seemingly couldn't be bothered putting in the limited amount of effort needed to put a side together for the bushfire fundraiser at the QEO on Labour Day. The league was asked if they were interested in playing the curtain raiser to the All Stars/ Bombers match against the HDFL. After a ring around to the club presidents, it seems the executive took it upon themselves to decide there was not enough time to get a side together, even though the HDFL said they'd have no problem.

One can only assume that the heirachy may be a bit frightened of the LVFL having their pants pulled down by the HDFL.

Now there is likely to be a celebrity match instead. Not really going to pull the crowds to the footy 2 hours earlier than they would otherwise get there like a LVFL/HDFL match would.

Agree completely Hellboy......pissweak effort by the LVFL if that is the case.

The League needs to look at the bigger picture...the result of the game in this case is secondary.....the crowd it would attract and the money it would help raise is the main issue here. Take a look at the 20/20 Sat night...the Emu Valley is nowhere near the standard of the BDCC, and are playing on turf as opposed to carpet, yet are putting there hands up for what should be a fun night and a great chance to test themselves against cricketers at a higher level.

And injuries to key players is no excuse...as the HDFL have shown with there willingness to participate.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing the Bombers up against the BFL....sure to raise a few questions re: the respective standards of both levels of footy! Lets hope theres a big crowd, as theres sure to be this Saturday night.

No real surprises with the clearances so far. Seems most of the mail posted here was on the money.

Clearly Pyramid have done some work in the off season with more than double the clearances of any other club. Newbridge look to be struggling with the departure of two quality footballers in Comer and Baxter and no ins as yet. Very little movement at Bridgewater either.

Interesting to note there's significantly more clearances in to the league rather than out.

Pyramid would surely have to win the the flag..the echuca blokes they have recruited aren't to bad but Luan Marsh from united is a gun and so is Favealiki or wateva.

Pyramid would surely have to win the the flag..the echuca blokes they have recruited aren't to bad but Luan Marsh from united is a gun and so is Favealiki or wateva.

Mate if you think the guys from Echuca are guns your kidding yourself- Only one of them played seniors and was in and out of the team and the others are just good honest 2's players and a couple are well into their 30's and would find it hard to get a gig in the 2's at echuca this year. favealeki plays for Favealeki!!!

moosh the echuca boys are not guns but they arent duds either. and the two who are in there 30's where the captain and coach who led echuca 2s to 2 grand finals in a row winning one and losing one. so i dont think the will struggle to get a game. and as for fevaliki or however u spell it, i have hered that he does play for himself but is still a very good player. i dont think pyramid would have taken him if they didnt want him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back