Mod. Notice Looking for a new AFC board mod - expressions of interest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am older than the stars*

*39 and a half, but people often comment on my youthful good looks, probably due to Stockholm Syndrome.

Thanks to cards against humanity, I actually learnt what Stockholm Syndrome is last night.

That's quite funny deaneus, well played.

Elder van Berlo would be good also, rather than a bland self-promotional type

Very kind of you. The less charitable on this board might say uncharacteristically so ;)

Elder van Berlo , happy to be nominated?
I think my time has passed sadly - work prevents me from having the reliable time to commit to this place these days. At any rate, there are far better (and probably less cranky) nominations than me in this thread.
Been asked before I'm pretty sure
No actually (I would've done it if asked), but a few times I've had the happy consolation of having my name put forward by the posters I regard most highly. This time is no exception.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Generally speaking, the moderators on this board do a good job.

I'd say 8 out of 10 over the past 12 months. We have 2 very good moderator (for very different reasons) and 1 moderator who just don't have an idea of leaving personal bias at the door.

No thanks.

This is one of the major issues that has to change. It's that underhanded bullshit that gets posted as a way of insulting someone and the subtle digs that leads to petty arguing.

Love to hear from those who have strong opinions on how the board can be improved.

Do you really?

Well ok.

The moderators, when moderating this board have to leave their personality, personal bias and dislike of certain posters at the door.

Certain words, phrases and responds can invoke an "infractions" because they lose an arguement and then other posters can post the same thing, yet it goes straight through to the keepers. No infraction or even removal of the post is removed. As soon as someone disagrees with them, they pull the heavy and infract you to shut the discussion down.

If the moderators want to post with personality, they MUST then have the courage not to use this as a way of getting back at someone.

When a moderators tells you to "STFU" and you respond in a very similar way as you assume it was posted in "jest" but receive a serious infraction - this is a massive power struggle and an abuse of their postion. This must change as well.

IMO...when a moderator posts and then gets caught up in a discussion, thry have to simply plays the ball and not the man. If a rule is broken, invoke an infraction. If you don't like the person posting, you don't have the right or postion to use this as an excuse to give them an infraction to simply remove them. I feel on several Occassion this has occurred and any enjoyment of posting has been totally removed as I don't know what I can and can not post any more. I'm not even sure if this will invoke an infraction as the guidelines have become very blurred and ambiguous towards the posting haves and have nots.

This really saddens me as my posting days are over as I feel a certain moderator simply uses any excuse to infract me whenever I engage with them during a discussion.

Also interested to hear from posters who don't tiptoe around issues and are prepared to tell some home truths - eg that the current mods are doing a great job and that the board has never been better

Make a hard and faster rule on this board - if you post anything defamatory, derogatory or discombobulated against, towards or about any crows player past or present and then try and come onto this board by trying to be 'nice', you will receive a "jog on" warning. This next time, you will receive a total board ban.

Totally sick of the bullshit getting posted and the hypocrites they forget what they post.

Home truths - you should stay as a moderator, your style is fantastic. Big Fella should stay, his style, infuriating at time is very good at what he does. He is that school principal style moderator but the rest should have performance management meeting and some new blood inserted to freshen this board up.

Only complain - remove the moderating based on personalities and play the ball, not the man.

Thanks to cards against humanity, I actually learnt what Stockholm Syndrome is last night.

That's quite funny deaneus, well played.

Very kind of you. The less charitable on this board might say uncharacteristically so ;)

I think my time has passed sadly - work prevents me from having the reliable time to commit to this place these days. At any rate, there are far better (and probably less cranky) nominations than me in this thread.

No actually (I would've done it if asked), but a few times I've had the happy consolation of having my name put forward by the posters I regard most highly. This time is no exception.

How bout Elder van Berlo everyone?

I'd say 8 out of 10 over the past 12 months. We have 2 very good moderator (for very different reasons) and 1 moderator who just don't have an idea of leaving personal bias at the door.

No thanks.

This is one of the major issues that has to change. It's that underhanded bullshit that gets posted as a way of insulting someone and the subtle digs that leads to petty arguing.

Do you really?

Well ok.

The moderators, when moderating this board have to leave their personality, personal bias and dislike of certain posters at the door.

Certain words, phrases and responds can invoke an "infractions" because they lose an arguement and then other posters can post the same thing, yet it goes straight through to the keepers. No infraction or even removal of the post is removed. As soon as someone disagrees with them, they pull the heavy and infract you to shut the discussion down.

If the moderators want to post with personality, they MUST then have the courage not to use this as a way of getting back at someone.

When a moderators tells you to "STFU" and you respond in a very similar way as you assume it was posted in "jest" but receive a serious infraction - this is a massive power struggle and an abuse of their postion. This must change as well.

IMO...when a moderator posts and then gets caught up in a discussion, thry have to simply plays the ball and not the man. If a rule is broken, invoke an infraction. If you don't like the person posting, you don't have the right or postion to use this as an excuse to give them an infraction to simply remove them. I feel on several Occassion this has occurred and any enjoyment of posting has been totally removed as I don't know what I can and can not post any more. I'm not even sure if this will invoke an infraction as the guidelines have become very blurred and ambiguous towards the posting haves and have nots.

This really saddens me as my posting days are over as I feel a certain moderator simply uses any excuse to infract me whenever I engage with them during a discussion.

Make a hard and faster rule on this board - if you post anything defamatory, derogatory or discombobulated against, towards or about any crows player past or present and then try and come onto this board by trying to be 'nice', you will receive a "jog on" warning. This next time, you will receive a total board ban.

Totally sick of the bullshit getting posted and the hypocrites they forget what they post.

Home truths - you should stay as a moderator, your style is fantastic. Big Fella should stay, his style, infuriating at time is very good at what he does. He is that school principal style moderator but the rest should have performance management meeting and some new blood inserted to freshen this board up.

Only complain - remove the moderating based on personalities and play the ball, not the man.

Well it was assumed a while ago but welcome back AIOF

No thanks.

Do you really?

Well ok.

just for the record there are 4 current Mods, not 3

No thanks.

Do you really?

Well ok.

A man who speeds once gets a fine. A man who speeds a dozen times has no license left. I've got nothing against you personally but your particular style of posting (which you no longer seem to partake in to your credit) rubbed people the wrong way one too many times.

For what it's worth I agree with your post wholeheartedly.

Love to hear from those who have strong opinions on how the board can be improved.
Crack down on over the top personal abuse to prevent threads from being derailed.

Crack down on opposition supporters who rubbish AFC or us supporters.

Friendly banter is encouraged though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back