Toast Looking for the Lynch Toast Thread ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Keep telling yourself that, if it helps you sleep well at night. The fact that there's not even the remotest bit of truth to your statement certainly isn't anything new. Agendas.. you've got plenty of them, rarely based in anything other than the finest of tin foil hat theories.
And our results

And our results

Ironic how the non star players get the blame, when it is clear that bad match day coaching (eg refusal to move bad match ups) and a dated game plan cost us much more than any plodder or hard toiler ever did.....

Will people allocate blame to bad coaching or continue to blame the players who served under that coach?

And our results
So which Final did Stevens cost us.. according to you?

He didn't play in 2005 at all. I don't recall anyone ever blaming him for the 2006 PF debacle against the Weagles, indeed his name is rarely mentioned when discussing that outcome. Ditto the 2007 EF vs Hawthorn. He was the only Crows player to fire a shot in the 2008 loss vs Collingwood and had a career high 27 disposals against them in the 2009 final.

So.. the only finals performance for which he is remembered is an outstanding performance where he was clearly BOG for the Crows in 2008. Yet you want to blame him for Adelaide's failure in that period?

You've never been one to let the facts get in the way of a good agenda.:thumbsdown:

Complicated trade period for us but it went as follows:

Adelaide Traded Gunston, Pick 53, Pick 72 ----> Hawks for Pick 24, 46 (Joyce), 64 (Ellis Yolman)
We then ontraded Pick 24 ----> GC for Pick 27 (Kerridge), 31, 68
Then Traded Maric -------> Richmond for Pick 37
Then traded Pick 37 ----------> St Kilda for Tom Lynch
We then traded Armstrong, Pick 35 & 68 ----------> Sydney for Lewis Johnston
We then traded Pick 31----------> Ess for Jenkins & Pick 41 (Mitch Grigg)
We also traded Pick 10 & Compo Pick (Phil Davis) ---------> GWS for Brad Crouch & Luke Brown

I think we did pretty good in that offseason considering we had Davis, Maric, Gunston & Armstrong either walk out or leave

We replaced them with Joyce, Ellis Yolman, Kerridge, Lynch, Johnston, Jenkins, Grigg, Crouch & Brown
If we look at the trades with the respective clubs and ignore the on trading, I believe we won the Gold Coast, GWS, St Kilda and Essendon trades but we lost the Hawks, Sydney and Richmond trades. Overall though we did well especially if Lynch consolidates and Grigg makes it.

I dont think any of us expect him to kick a bag every week. What would be great is consistent contribution on the scoreboard and doing the hard yards across half forward

Ironic how the non star players get the blame, when it is clear that bad match day coaching (eg refusal to move bad match ups) and a dated game plan cost us much more than any plodder or hard toiler ever did.....

Will people allocate blame to bad coaching or continue to blame the players who served under that coach?
Blah, blah, blah... bad match day coach.

Why wasn't he sacked after 2005 then?

Or did he only become a bad match day coach in 2011?:rolleyes:

So which Final did Stevens cost us.. according to you?

He didn't play in 2005 at all. I don't recall anyone ever blaming him for the 2006 PF debacle against the Weagles, indeed his name is rarely mentioned when discussing that outcome. Ditto the 2007 EF vs Hawthorn. He was the only Crows player to fire a shot in the 2008 loss vs Collingwood and had a career high 27 disposals against them in the 2009 final.

So.. the only finals performance for which he is remembered is an outstanding performance where he was clearly BOG for the Crows in 2008. Yet you want to blame him for Adelaide's failure in that period?

You've never been one to let the facts get in the way of a good agenda.:thumbsdown:
Because we kept failing means that what we were doing was wrong

Stevens was merely one of the steeds Craig hitched his wagon to

dw6ms.jpg

T. Lyncher. This weekend, expect him.

If we look at the trades with the respective clubs and ignore the on trading, I believe we won the Gold Coast, GWS, St Kilda and Essendon trades but we lost the Hawks, Sydney and Richmond trades. Overall though we did well especially if Lynch consolidates and Grigg makes it.

I think it was a good trade period for us. Much of it was forced upon us, but we certainly made the most of what was a shit situation losing Davis, Gunston, Maric and Armstrong.

Shame we didn't take a slightly more proactive view towards trading Tippett. Probably not Nobles fault, unfortunately I think we have a culture where the board/higher ups meddle a little too much in things they don't really understand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The one thing I've liked about him since arriving is his ability to find space. This skill can be underestimated as the end product is uncontested possession in a world where contested possession is deemed king. The only other player on our list who has this skill is Walker IMO .

It's not like at this level the opposition is not paying attention, it's a skill based on reading the play and also a decent tank. Why crash packs if you can get an I50 uncontested mark.

Agreed, he's a real right place, right time kind of player and these guys are quite underrated I feel.

In the same way that Chris Knights added another dimension to our forward line in 2009, I think Lynch can add this other dimension to our forward line long term. He's not a structural player, that's left up to the likes of Walker, Jenkins and McKernan, but he complements the structure really well and is the kind of guy that can really slip under the guard if you pay too much attention to the likes of Walker.

I just hope we don't suddenly start expecting him to be Walker, he's not. He won't take those big contested grabs and he probably won't kick too many flukey snap shots from tough angles. What he will do is find ways to get those seemingly "easy" goals that infuriate opposition supporters. ie slipping out the back of a pack, somehow taking an uncontested mark 20 out from goal. Goals that look like a result of poor defense, but are in fact a result of hard work and superior reading of the play.

I know everyone keeps harpign on about teh fact 'we only beat GWS'... 'he only kicked them against GWS'..

What people are forgetting is that Lynch is what? 22/23? he was basically playing against peers and smash them. Incredible effort. Ditto for teh likes of Lyon/Brown/Smith/Laird/Talia etc....

People keep forgetting how young our team is...

Bloke has had no continuity in his career. Was up against it on the saints list (not sure why they picked him up) with Goddard,Reiwoldt,kosy,Milne and any number of a half a dozen ball winners resting up foward.

Played more than two games in a row once. He now knows that his destiny is in his hands, more than it ever has been.

Roughead 5 and Franklin with 2 goals against the same GWS outfit today. I know it was only GWS but 10 goals is still an incredible achievement. I expect it to be his only 10 goal haul but if he can kick 30-40 in a season for us, which he looks capable, then he will be more than handy.

If he can take 10+ marks and kick 2 goals every week, he'll have a fine career.

Pretty much the exact reason we were getting excited about Gunston. Becoming a big fan of Lynch. His work rate is almost Sloane like.

Pretty much the exact reason we were getting excited about Gunston. Becoming a big fan of Lynch. His work rate is almost Sloane like.
Barry Hall, I think, was going on about Lynch's movement off ball saying he works really hard for the ball he gets.

We haven't had that sort of leading flanker that can get some space on his opponent. It has really helped our transition from HBF to our forward 50.

Barry Hall, I think, was going on about Lynch's movement off ball saying he works really hard for the ball he gets.

We haven't had that sort of leading flanker that can get some space on his opponent. It has really helped our transition from HBF to our forward 50.

He just doesn't stop leading! Something tells me he spent his time at St Kilda watching Riewoldt pretty closely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Looking for the Lynch Toast Thread ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back