Streaming Lord of the Rings: Rings of Power

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like from all the reviews it does drift away from some established lore…examples have been made several times in this thread

But hey the vibe is there to keep the ill informed and those that are easily pleased happy 👍

Glad I skipped it
You said youve only watched half of the first episode so you really should be one of the last to comment.
How did Halbrand walk in to Mordor when it's established in the canon that one does not simply walk in to Mordor?
He’s got a special pass

The problem that a lot of people seem to forget is that they don't have the rights to most of the lore from the 2nd Age. All they have access to IIRC is the appendices of the trilogy and what is mentioned in those books and The Hobbit. They are having to make up their own lore and chop and change what we already know to fit their narrative. This was established long before the show came out yet people are still getting upset about it.

This is because it is trash. Beautifully filmed and scored trash.

I tried to give this a go but it absolutely sucks.

This is because it is trash. Beautifully filmed and scored trash.

I tried to give this a go but it absolutely sucks.

It is all well and good to have that opinion. The problem is a lot of people sharing your opinion are gatekeeping and won't shut the **** up with their complaining. Those of us that are enjoying it would like to be able to enjoy it and talk about it without the Tolkien gatekeepers showing up and spewing the same shit over and over again. It is boring.

Don't get me wrong. I get it. I feel the same way about Wheel of Time. The difference is for as much as I am going to complain, I am still letting those that are enjoying it enjoy it for what it is instead of arguing with them and continually having the same argument episode after episode.

Half an episode was all that was needed to see how trash the acting and made up crap was

Dry those eyes

Surely you have something better to do than post on a thread irrelevant to you. Assuming you're an adult, surely we can be a bit more mature? Maybe I'm asking too much on Big Footy. 🤷‍♂️

So you can’t post an opnion and respond to those making a reply because it upset you?

You absolutely can. The difference is your opinion looks utterly stupid considering you've seen half an episode and have done nothing but pot it.

It's the equivalent of reading Fellowship up until Tom Bombadil and calling the book trash.

It is all well and good to have that opinion. The problem is a lot of people sharing your opinion are gatekeeping and won't shut the * up with their complaining. Those of us that are enjoying it would like to be able to enjoy it and talk about it without the Tolkien gatekeepers showing up and spewing the same s**t over and over again. It is boring.

Don't get me wrong. I get it. I feel the same way about Wheel of Time. The difference is for as much as I am going to complain, I am still letting those that are enjoying it enjoy it for what it is instead of arguing with them and continually having the same argument episode after episode.

Sure, but this is a discussion forum and this is the thread for the show I just finished watching. So I posted what I thought of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You absolutely can. The difference is your opinion looks utterly stupid considering you've seen half an episode and have done nothing but pot it.

It's the equivalent of reading Fellowship up until Tom Bombadil and calling the book trash.
Strange analogy in all honesty

Considering this show is diverting away from the source material and wasn’t engaging enough for me to stick with and put up with a terrible fanfic storyline…it look pretty and that’s about it from my perspective

Meanwhile , at least with the book it engaged me enough to put aside anything I disagree with to enable me to continue being invested in the story

Strange analogy in all honesty

Considering this show is diverting away from the source material and wasn’t engaging enough for me to stick with it …it look pretty and that’s about it from my perspective

Meanwhile , at least with the book it engaged me enough to put aside anything I disagree with

There is heaps of content in the show that is very Tolkien and true to text. They have layered heaps in the story. They have absolutely strayed from the text in areas - some have worked, some haven't - but what exactly were you expecting from a show of the second age? If you've read Tolkien's work around the second age, you'd know it is more or less chunks of timeline with a little story sprinkled in than a fleshed out story.

Not that any of that matters though given you've watched half an episode.

Well if you can’t put up with alternative opnions on a forum I really don’t know what to say to you

Best to leave it alone if you’re going to get personal and start attacking others really
If you going to go all in spouting hate-filled crap about something you have never seen then people are going to start questioning your motivations.

If you are happy to dish it out perhaps you should be able to deal a little better with taking it.

There is heaps of content in the show that is very Tolkien and true to text. They have layered heaps in the story. They have absolutely strayed from the text in areas - some have worked, some haven't - but what exactly were you expecting from a show of the second age? If you've read Tolkien's work around the second age, you'd know it is more or less chunks of timeline with a little story sprinkled in than a fleshed out story.

Not that any of that matters though given you've watched half an episode.
For one I don’t expect Gandalf to be appearing thoundsands of years earlier than it was mentioned ……and again the first impression of the show was enough for me to not stick with it , I shouldn’t have to invest in several hours to be able to express an opnion on a show

If you going to go all in spouting hate-filled crap about something you have never seen then people are going to start questioning your motivations.

If you are happy to dish it out perhaps you should be able to deal a little better with taking it.
Imagine being so invested over a fanfic show that you feel the need to throw around personal attacks at me just because I don’t share the same feelings towards the show

Pretty sad really

For one I don’t expect Gandalf to be appearing thoundsands of years earlier than it was mentioned ……and again the first impression of the show was enough for me to not stick with it , I shouldn’t have to invest in several hours to be able to express an opnion on a show

Absolutely no confirmation it's Gandalf. How he entered the fray + the fact he's going East points to him being a Blue Wizard. You'd know that if you watched the show.

Funnily enough for a person who has seen 30 mins of a 9 hour show, you're top ten for posts in this thread. Bizarre, really.

Absolutely no confirmation it's Gandalf. How he entered the fray + the fact he's going East points to him being a Blue Wizard. You'd know that if you watched the show.
It appears to be a pretty clear outcome from reading the last page that it is Gandalf

In any case that’s not the only lore it’s drifting or re writing from what I have read in the reviews

It’s a shame to use a much love existing IP to sell a show that rewrites its existing lore

At least it has found an audience in some so it’s good that some are enjoying it , I just disagree that it should be viewed as an extension of the previous work

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Streaming Lord of the Rings: Rings of Power

Remove this Banner Ad

Back