Autopsy Loss to Sydney - quite literally no words will adequately sum this up

Remove this Banner Ad

Angry Season 6 GIF by The Office

Last edited:
Has any team ever been penalized for an interchange infringement, like ever???
Probably about 5 instances. Just search NMFC vs. Cheating campaigners, and they'll all be listed. 5 free awarded to the cheats

I don't understand why the AFL is so obsessed with continually lowering interchanges anyway.

Was originally supposed to reduce the number of injuries somehow (which was disproved within a couple of seasons). And now it's because they want to tire players out so play opens up. Which it does the complete opposite of.

Just uncap interchanges and let them play footy.

It’s actually the rule . Penalty for interchange breach is free kick and 50. The umpires had no option.
By the letter of the rule it's the correct call. The question probably needs to be whether exceeding the interchange cap needs to be a free kick and 50m penalty, therefore a punishment absorbed by the players who will not be aware of how many interchanges have been made in a game (especially in today's context, in Sydney's forward line of all places) as opposed to a fineable offence (with the penalty issued during the week along with a please explain from the AFL. A penalty of $5,000, increasing with each offence being suitable).

In my opinion, this is different to the interchange infringements we normally see (players not going through the gate, going onto the ground a fraction bit too early) as these acts are controllable by the players.

The frustration a lot of fans have is that this act would have had no bearing on the result given it was miles off the ball. Combine it with the free kick paid earlier in the game when the medical staff got caught after checking up on I think it was Wardlaw, and that's why fans are frustrated.

What about the last free. That was set up for Jy to kick the winner in the last seconds of the game and that bullshit free.

Yes, but also:

Out of the centre, swans player grabs the ball, tackled, chickenwinged so can't possibly handball. Throws it, immediate goal. Umpire was 4-5 m away with a clear view.

On the wing, Swans player injures his hand, so throws the ball at a team mate, again the umpire is right there with a direct view. Swans score.

Our steward ****ed up, and should be drowned in an ice bath. But they never should have been within 3 points for it to matter.
I get the hurt. I do. I'm flat as a tack. Yes the umpiring was poor.

Rather than umpire bashing and conspiracy ranting I'm going to focus on the debut of Wardlaw and immense games from Sheezel, Greenwood, Simpkin, CCJ, McKay etc. Our defensive pressure was elite in the third quarter. We were competitive when the chips have been down the most against a desperate Swans team.

Chin up, improve through training this week and go again.

half calmed down now,

- there is no doubting the quality of parker/heeney/warner, 4 or 5 passages they tore us a new one going coast to coast, parkers hands were solid and he out pointed up a few times even with 2 oppos. saying that we backed our midfield and they responded brilliantly for the most part.

- Bailey Scott looked fantastic and was one of the blokes who really put it back to them on the outside, especialy in the 2nd half, his disposal and composure was sublime.

-Wardlaw, ( intentinal blank nothing to say really! )

-Jy played a sublime captains game, saw backing Georgie boy late in the 4th and backing him 110%

-Sheezel, is there a position he cant play????

- Souva, kicking yips early but really presented hard and 2nd half was fantastic, seems to have stopped playing for frees and really impacting the contest.

- McKay and Grif building a bit of symmetry between them selves.

-While Wardlaw sort of stole the show in the close quarters greenwood was fantastic as well.

-so many other positives, mostly the stark turn around from the fumbling last week, we were far cleaner. even under the pump. shows player have the skills but this needs to be the norm going forward.

-the deep defensive press looking a lot better when we dont cough it up at every oppertunity, but still needs a little bit of refining as giving up a lot of easy joe the gooses still over the back.

-fordy oozes composure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get the hurt. I do. I'm flat as a tack. Yes the umpiring was poor.

Rather than umpire bashing and conspiracy ranting I'm going to focus on the debut of Wardlaw and immense games from Sheezel, Greenwood, Simpkin, CCJ, McKay etc. Our defensive pressure was elite in the third quarter. We were competitive when the chips have been down the most against a desperate Swans team.

Chin up, improve through training this week and go again.
**** that Don't let these cheating pricks off hook. All those times the media say "imagine if that decided a game".
Well the most nonsensical punishment in history just did.
The league is ****ing rotten from top down and we all know it.

There should be an AFL investigation so that we have the opportunity to mediate and apologise.

FMD, what a fisting. Losing a goal due to medically attending to a player hurt by the opposition was just… wow.
And I bet that campaigner doesn't even get suspended

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Loss to Sydney - quite literally no words will adequately sum this up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back