Lovett Trades (merged thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ahahaha boo hoo you poor little lions, port, sydney supporters who didnt rate him and told all us Essendon supporters he wasnt worth a first round pick.

I'd hate to be GrimReepah now :p Say goodbye to all your poor arguments. I think Gunar and you should be friends:p

I stand by the theory that the better someone plays the more he is worth.

A simple i was wrong would have sufficed. St Kilda clearly didn't take too much consideration into Lovetts 11th place B&F finish when they opted to give up their 1st round pick in the last uncompromised draft. You said that a players finish in the B&F is one of the most important factors to take into consideration.

A simple i was wrong would have sufficed. St Kilda clearly didn't take too much consideration into Lovetts 11th place B&F finish when they opted to give up their 1st round pick in the last uncompromised draft. You said that a players finish in the B&F is one of the most important factors to take into consideration.

Not quite, I said it was a better indication than what Essendon supporters say he is worth.

Well done on pick 16. I'm surprised a club would offer that much for him.

Perhaps, but for the purposes of discussion, it is one of the best indicators we have of what his value is.

Not quite, I said it was a better indication than what Essendon supporters say he is worth.

Well done on pick 16. I'm surprised a club would offer that much for him.

Umm ok.

Im so sick of opposition club supporters undervaluing our players and getting bitter because they just lost their oppertunity to snare them in a trade..

What a laughable mistake by St Kilda. They have players such as Armitage and Stevens, who have proved they can play good football, yet they give up a first round draft for a player, who i personally rate, as lazy and not a team player. Good job Essendon on getting rid of him :)

Your right the only good thing Lovetts for is beating Carlton. Great investment Saint Kilda. And thankyou for the first round draft pick, we will use it wisely. It prevents us bombers from having to win wooden spins and pay ridiculous amounts of salaries to players to lure them over, without the need to develop our own stocks, but who needs to develop players to develop your club when you can buy everything? I love vissy!!! Huh? Whats this Carlton supporter talking about?

cool mate, ok.. yes he does play against carlton in big games when his team is going well, but what does he do when your teams getting smashed against good teams? nothing. Downhill skier? i think so Sheeds. Tell me why Saints would want him, when it prevents their younger players like Armitage and Stevens from showing their full ability. To me its a dick move by Saints!

cool mate, ok.. yes he does play against carlton in big games when his team is going well, but what does he do when your teams getting smashed against good teams? nothing. Downhill skier? i think so Sheeds. Tell me why Saints would want him, when it prevents their younger players like Armitage and Stevens from showing their full ability. To me its a dick move by Saints!

Speed.
Speed.
Speed.
Speed.
Speed.

And he has skill as well. He'll have to fit into Lyon's Saints footy style. If he does he's a good pick-up for that DP.

The 2nd quote was in the context of your inference that I had said clubs would be valuing him based on his B&F result, which I never did.

To be clear, in terms of discussing what Lovett is worth, I proposed that the B&F was relevant because that offers an objective measure of where he is rated. There is a lot of information that the supporters aren't privy to, but I thought that was a good starting point.

Speed.
Speed.
Speed.
Speed.
Speed.

And he has skill as well. He'll have to fit into Lyon's Saints footy style. If he does he's a good pick-up for that DP.
Don't take this as me being bitter about Lovett leaving because I have posted this on the Essendon Board before and am very happy for Lovett for pick 16.
Whilst Lovett is extremely quick and skillful, there were sometimes during this season when Lovett was shown a clean pair of heels from a few of the younger oposition player's coming through the ranks.
Personally i don't think he has gotten any slower but i think there may be quicker players going around these days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good trade for both I feel.

A low first round is roughly what Lovett is worth - he is what he is, sometimes you will watch him and think "gee, this guy could dominate this competition" and in other games you actually wonder if he is out there at all.

He is very nice icing to a very nice cake St. Kilda are baking.

We get the opportunity now to pick up 3 players in the top 26, albeit in a 'weak' draft which seems to be getting stronger the more the recruiters are looking at it. Time will tell.

I still feel Brisbane were mad not to offer us 12 (who knows they may have) as IMO they are also aging and need pace as well (if they feel they have a slight window open at the moment), but congrats to St. Kilda on taking a punt in adding something they need. No point going down wondering.

Speed.
Speed.
Speed.
Speed.
Speed.

That will be the key to it , fitting into the Saints game plan that requires defensive efforts from all 18 on the ground.
He was very ordinary with us defensive wise and probably our biggest downhill skier. He has to pull his finger out and realise that ability alone will not get you over the line.
Very good player but goes missing big time when the heat is on. You also know something is seriously wrong when even the brothers are seriously annoyed with the attitude of a fellow brother.

Good trade for both I feel.

A low first round is roughly what Lovett is worth - he is what he is, sometimes you will watch him and think "gee, this guy could dominate this competition" and in other games you actually wonder if he is out there at all.

He is very nice icing to a very nice cake St. Kilda are baking.

We get the opportunity now to pick up 3 players in the top 26, albeit in a 'weak' draft which seems to be getting stronger the more the recruiters are looking at it. Time will tell.

I still feel Brisbane were mad not to offer us 12 (who knows they may have) as IMO they are also aging and need pace as well (if they feel they have a slight window open at the moment), but congrats to St. Kilda on taking a punt in adding something they need. No point going down wondering.

they probably did. but Lovett chose St kilda, so it became irrelevent what other clubs offered.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lovett Trades (merged thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back