Lovett Trades (merged thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 10 + Lovett to Port for Burger (if Hawks stuff up) or

Lovett to Freo in PSD. Freo are happy to pay him big $$ and seeing he is uncontracted, that is a very good chance.

I'm a bit perplexed with the opinions of most opposition supporters who don't think that lovett is worth much on the trade table. So can you name some players from your team who can take the ball from D50 to F50 & kick goals with the speed, effectiveness & x factor that he does & put a trade value on them.

Re: Lovett to The Lions

Id like Lovett at Geelong, you'd hope Essendon maybe a bit kind as we reluctantly agreed to send Prismall there pick 39. Wishful thinking probably.
What do Essendon supporters think about Lovett-Blake,Tenace trade, my thought is wishful thinking again but you do need a ruckman. Stokes instead of tenace??

Id like Lovett at Geelong, you'd hope Essendon maybe a bit kind as we reluctantly agreed to send Prismall there pick 39. Wishful thinking probably.
What do Essendon supporters think about Lovett-Blake,Tenace trade, my thought is wishful thinking again but you do need a ruckman. Stokes instead of tenace??
What about Ryder and Hille:confused:

And no thanks

What about Ryder and Hille:confused:

And no thanks

Yeah heard a few essendon supporters saying they wouldnt mind that trade, thought it was bit optimistic from my point of view. And you lacked a 2nd ruckman for Ryder, even though bellachambers should have been selected in elimination final, didnt quite understand that one...

How about Stokes and second rounder for Lovett and our 3rd?

Rischitelli finished 12th the Lions B&F, so a straight swap would seem a reasonable trade.

You remind me of a grade 3 kid trading for marbles in the sand pit.

So how would Essendon fans feel about a straight swap of Lovett for Macdonald?

No thanks.

buchanon and swans pick 37 for lovett

Buchanon is like a rusty pair of steak knives to go with a shit pick in a crap draft. Big no.

Mate you tried to give us Tenace for free last year. We don't want him. Your club is about to delist him. Don't insult us by including him in any trades.

You can't afford to pay Lovett 400k+ per year so forget about him going to the Cats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buchanon is like a rusty pair of steak knives to go with a shit pick in a crap draft. Big no.

im guessin buchanon has more premiership medals than nearly all of the essendon players..and he knows how to win them might wana watch the 2005 granny

How about Stokes and second rounder for Lovett and our 3rd?
No complaints from me, if you feel the need to give us your 3rd round draft pick sure.
And not sure if id go as far as a insult to have Tenace, gets the ball enough just not the best kick. A chronic handballer and poor kicker would be a bit of concern for essendon fans.

im guessin buchanon has more premiership medals than nearly all of the essendon players..and he knows how to win them might wana watch the 2005 granny

Who gives a **** if he won a premiership in 2005? It's 4 years ago.

How bout we discuss how good he is today?

Do you really think clubs will be saying "Ok he may be shit now but he did wina premiership 4 years ago".

Lovett ===> pick #22 or come up with a fair player trade not washed up hacks.

You remind me of a grade 3 kid trading for marbles in the sand pit.

I'm just trying to get some realistic discussion happening. The highest bid for him last year was pick 33. How many clubs are showing interest in him this year?

come off it buchanan would get a game at essendon or sydney, just about anywhere he went, and if he went to essendon might benefit from a team that gets the ball there quickly. nevertheless cant say id be to upset if we refused him.

come off it buchanan would get a game at essendon and might benefit from a team that gets the ball there quickly, nevertheless cant say id be to upset if we refused him.

Essendon need a GOAL KICKING small forward. How exactly is Buchanan going to help in this regard?

He won't get a game at Sydney next year and they are pretty shit.

What makes you think he will cement a spot at Essendon?

Essendon need a GOAL KICKING small forward. How exactly is Buchanan going to help in this regard?

He won't get a game at Sydney next year and they are pretty shit.

What makes you think he will cement a spot at Essendon?

never said he would cement a spot just thought he'd be worth a try down there, none of essendons small forwards really spring to mind as match winners, except for zaharakis :D. He may benefit from a fast moving team like essendon, and the one thing he has going for him is f50 pressure, something which was probably one of essendons weaknesses this year.

never said he would cement a spot just thought he'd be worth a try down there,

You said he would get a game at Essendon and most teams in the comp. Get a game doesn't mean he is in and out of the team. It means he is part of the best 22.

none of essendons small forwards really spring to mind as match winners, except for zaharakis :D.

Buchanan is a match winner? :eek:

He may benefit from a fast moving team like essendon, and the one thing he has going for him is f50 pressure, something which was probably one of essendons weaknesses this year

He would be vying for a spot with guys lik Alwyn Davey. Davey was coming off a knee reco this season but he is still one of the best small forwards in the competition in a pure defensive pressure sense. I very much doubt Buchanan will bring anything to the table that Froggy doesn't have.

We won't trade for him. I'm 99% certain of this. We could use a decent goal kicking small forward. He is probably the furtherest thing away from this.

fair enough, and of course buchanans not a match winner his just another one who can do a job, and hopefully well. and sorry my definition of get a game is get a oppurtunity, i think he would be able to hold on to that a spot but hey thats my opinion, And davey and skipworth are quality forwards but a big if over if they can play out a whole season, and skipworths probably more valuable up the ground anyway. i think you probably wont trade for him, but what im saying is that it wouldnt be a massive disaster if you did.

fair enough, and of course buchanans not a match winner his just another one who can do a job, and hopefully well. and sorry my definition of get a game is get a oppurtunity, i think he would be able to hold on to that a spot but hey thats my opinion, And davey and skipworth are quality forwards but a big if over if they can play out a whole season, and skipworths probably more valuable up the ground anyway. i think you probably wont trade for him, but what im saying is that it wouldnt be a massive disaster if you did.

Fair enough. Skippy will struggle for a game next season. Zaharakis and Riemers are more likely to fill a HFF role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lovett Trades (merged thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back