Lowest attendance since 2004

Remove this Banner Ad

Also if you leave early you are not a fan.
**** off with that shit.
I'll leave whenever the **** I want.
**** off with that shit.

Yep.

Who invented all these rules??

of thats right. Losers who lack other things in their life that bring them joy.

Cherry pick one game against an interstate club with no fans all you like - other clubs don't have top 4 attendance figures in spoon years....
That doesn’t change the fact that a heap of people didn’t rock up yesterday because the team isn’t winning.

I would think being top 4 in attendance is pretty standard with the situation the club is lucky to find itself in. We are clearly one of the big 4 clubs here in VIC. We play most of our games on the MCG, which means we can get more people to our games other than a couple other clubs. We play multiple marque games every year almost guaranteeing 80k to those games. Sydney sells out their games and can only get around 40k into the ground.

If you go by total attendance we are 5th and only 1k above Melbourne who have **** all fans.

That doesn’t change the fact that a heap of people didn’t rock up yesterday because the team isn’t winning.

I would think being top 4 in attendance is pretty standard with the situation the club is lucky to find itself in. We are clearly one of the big 4 clubs here in VIC. We play most of our games on the MCG, which means we can get more people to our games other than a couple other clubs. We play multiple marque games every year almost guaranteeing 80k to those games. Sydney sells out their games and can only get around 40k into the ground.

If you go by total attendance we are 5th and only 1k above Melbourne who have **** all fans.
LMAO - you use Sydney supporters as an example to try and make Richmond supporters look like bandwagoners....:$

Reasons to attend the footy:

Have a great day with like minded mates and family.
You live in Melbourne (or the city / state where the game is being played).
Support for Cubs (and coach) playing first season. you can actually see game structures!.
Club is rebuild.. How do Tiges under 50 gamers get used to the army if the army don't turn up.
You turned up from 2015 - 2020.
You have season Membership - already paid anyways.
Communicate to other supporters the CFL treatment of RFC
To actually add some evidence to a claim you've posted that X, Y or Z is dud, delist, should be traded, is slow etc.
Avoid listening to media nonces.
Shove it to the "Whimpy" "fair weather" supporters that we all bang on about cause they only support when there's final to play for.
inherit some resilience. Life aint evergiving anyone rainbows out their bum, every week, every month Coping Skills are valuable.
Get to discover the oppo trade targets / gems that will appreciate playing in a packed G every other week.

Efforts to attend yesterday were piss poor. Weak excuses be weak.

This is it for me. I can happily cop loosing each week so long as I see the kids put in effort. What makes the games enjoyable during this phase of a rebuild is that whilst you may not get the points you can head home with hope and say "Man that kid [BLANK] showed some fight today". I would even argue that the hope you can feel at the end of those games is a better feeling than winning a H&A against a team who don't care about.

What I can't cop is watching these kids try their heart out and put in good efforts and then not get rewarded where the rules state they should be. Hard running tackles not being rewarded, putting your body on the line and then getting illegally cleaned up with no free or any of the other frees that we should get that we don't. It is just cruel and I can't be bothered wasting my time and giving the AFL cash for it.

All in all it sucks because going to the games when no one around is great because you can sit by yourself and the line to the bar isnt 20 rows deep so you end up having to pre order to ensure that you don't have to make the treacherous trek back.
We had more free kicks yesterday , you’re being unrealistic with your expectation the rules aren’t black and white , if that’s the major grievance AFL prob isn’t for you any more

AFL Office would have loved it. Stop us winning via rule changes and umpires in stands, take all our top staff, stop all the fans with a shitty draw.

Winning The Office GIF

Reasons to attend the footy:

Have a great day with like minded mates and family.
You live in Melbourne (or the city / state where the game is being played).
Support for Cubs (and coach) playing first season. you can actually see game structures!.
Club is rebuild.. How do Tiges under 50 gamers get used to the army if the army don't turn up.
You turned up from 2015 - 2020.
You have season Membership - already paid anyways.
Communicate to other supporters the CFL treatment of RFC
To actually add some evidence to a claim you've posted that X, Y or Z is dud, delist, should be traded, is slow etc.
Avoid listening to media nonces.
Shove it to the "Whimpy" "fair weather" supporters that we all bang on about cause they only support when there's final to play for.
inherit some resilience. Life aint evergiving anyone rainbows out their bum, every week, every month Coping Skills are valuable.
Get to discover the oppo trade targets / gems that will appreciate playing in a packed G every other week.

Efforts to attend yesterday were piss poor. Weak excuses be weak.

images

It is not ffs , winning 2 games is the significant facto , if your honest that’s not stopping u
If you’re content with the the state of the game then knock yourself out and write to the CFL and sing their praises, give them a pat on the back. But please don’t claim to know what complete strangers are feeling or thinking, that’s laughable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is pretty bad and expect no word from Gale who was at the game with the President (what's his name?)

What is to blame? poor form, cold weather and an interstate team are Yze's reasons. No excitement at games or game style and just the crap treatment from umpires is my reason.

Gale has to get the flick with how the club is being run at the moment.... The difference between Geelong and us is ' people want to go to them and stay at the cats'

I'd probably blame the fact there is nothing exciting the club at the moment. Tons of injuries, bottom of the ladder, poor form, new coach that's getting hung out to dry while everyone up top is collecting their paychecks.. I'd probably blame the latter group. The only person that's really communicating is Yze, and he's the new guy! Where's everyone else?! Where's the folks who hired him and why are they hiding in the shadows so he can take all the beatings?

We had more free kicks yesterday , you’re being unrealistic with your expectation the rules aren’t black and white , if that’s the major grievance AFL prob isn’t for you any more
It is more the fact that other sides get to play with a different rulebook compared to us. It looks like it is slowly changing (not as bad yesterday) but all good will has been burned at the start of the year

4. Complete disconnect from club and supporters (happened around our 2nd or 3rd flag, little things and big things, remember RFC_Official on here? Then air got to their heads and they stopped engaging.

5. Constantly asking for money, whether it's fund-raisers, taking away value from memberships, during covid, we got nothing for them.

Have felt these ever since 2017. Felt like the club immediately went into "cash in" mode when we made the GF and kept at it right through COVID. Messages from RFC started to feel like messages from a utility company, except we weren't getting anything much in return for paying our bills, as there was no attendance at the games. Not only that, as a family that had been attending as members for decades, it felt like the bandwagon was allowed to just climb right over us in some ways. I know that's largely unavoidable when you go from 30k members to 100k, but it contributed to the feeling that I didn't have to make it to every game possible or to support the club financially outside of what would give my family the best value on the games we do attend.

I never miss a game on TV and will follow the club until I die, but the feeling of obligation to do anything else as a "supporter" is pretty much gone.

• Hard financial times, add MCG food being incredibly expensive to that
  • Wet weather, peoples weather tolerance has become pretty shit since covid I've noticed.
  • Train project works
  • Team performance (People more likely to not care about above factors if team performs well I guess.)
  • Umpiring and constant AFL rule changes etc
Also Sunday games have a pretty meh vibe about them in general.

i said we should have sold a few games

**** off with that shit.
Never left a game ever. And that included sitting through the 157 flogging at the hands of Geelong at Marvel in 2007. It's no wonder I hate those flogs as much as Pies, Blues and Bombers.

I'd probably blame the fact there is nothing exciting the club at the moment. Tons of injuries, bottom of the ladder, poor form, new coach that's getting hung out to dry while everyone up top is collecting their paychecks.. I'd probably blame the latter group. The only person that's really communicating is Yze, and he's the new guy! Where's everyone else?! Where's the folks who hired him and why are they hiding in the shadows so he can take all the beatings?

That is a pretty good point.

Watching a rebuilding team is fun when you have "the kid".

Who is "the kid" at the moment?

When we drafted Deledio & Tambling, every week was fun.

When we had a young Cotchin, Dusty, even Rance - i always looked forward to seeing them play. Hell, even Cleve Hughes made me excited to go to games at times.

Atm none of the kids are really playing a exciting style of brand. The rebuild will feel a lot more enjoyable after this year i think once we get a top 2 pick to get behind. Again, another massive cost of the Taranto/Hopper deal. There was no reward for failure last year

Remove this Banner Ad

Lowest attendance since 2004

Remove this Banner Ad

Back