Lowest attendance since 2004

Remove this Banner Ad

Get a pick #1 in the team and the people will come.

At the moment we don't really have a drawcard. Before we were winning we had a young Dusty, Jack and Cotch and later Rance. It was exciting and you could see our game plan develop week by week.

Now we have Jayden Short and Ben Miller playing like an ice junkie.

I am in stitches! Like an ice junkie 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I went . Sunday twilight in freezing cold while sitting 18th against a good side which we were never going to win. The outside of the G looked like scene from a zombie apocalypse movie. One of those movie scenes where you think “ how do they make a busy place not have any people around .”

On the positive side .... a seat on the train both ways, walked straight in, have my own bay , don’t have to listen to opposition supporters and nobody standing near me when I have to wee. Stage fright be gone.

since stand came in i go to 2 or 3 games a year

love the tigers but the game is a chore to watch

there are a lot of ppl feeling the same way

Weather and fixture probs tipped the scales towards cbf for a lot of older members who grew up with aussie rules, not this disgusting product

on the day i was home looking after my mum, is that ok uberfans?

since stand came in i go to 2 or 3 games a year

love the tigers but the game is a chore to watch

there are a lot of ppl feeling the same way

Weather and fixture probs tipped the scales towards cbf for a lot of older members who grew up with aussie rules, not this disgusting product

on the day i was home looking after my mum, is that ok uberfans?
id argue in the games current cfl stand rule state which was brought in to stop our dynasty, youre more of a true supporter if you dont go than if you do

just my opinion

I bought one of those long sleeve thermal singlets for the cold weather.
Just put on more layers if it's too cold.
I love an icy cold day at the G.

Real footy weather.

I enjoyed the day despite the loss.

Lots of positives and saw the last bits of our VFL team including a cracking goal in the last quarter that sent the faithful alight.
Alannah and Maddeline merch was great also.
Got a beanie.
You want real footy weather? Come with me to watch Richmond vs Williamstown on Saturday evening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think members are speaking with their wallets now as the club has been a let down with a lot of late with FD, fitness, CEO ,communication to us as well as inflation being the major issues.

Evidence is that the club couldn't even raise a mil from 100k members in Digital Brick sales, even after constant begging emails. Now they're refusing to attend games. Next will be memberships. We have lost our trust in the club from the top after all the off field drama since 2020 and the competent people slowly leaving. We have become like an opshop with all the cuts in our FD and management. Too many poor quality people are mainly inside the club now and the silence is deafening.
If i lived in Melbourne i would probably still go as i love the club and watching them in hope that i can see growth in our kids and a future, but i can understand why people are not attending.

Last edited:
I don't give a shit about the Super fans here calling people out for not going. I love the club but I don't have time to go to every game anymore.

I used to blindly follow whatever the club did, I've been a member for 26 years and I'm grateful for what Gale did for the club but that digital brick bullshit rubbed me up the wrong way. I thought it was ****ing cheeky of them to be honest.

Supporters perhaps tired of being begged-at by the club for a $40 million budget blow-out stand and massive debt?

I have found that very disillusioning, considering dropping my membership next year, because they are just pouring our hard earned cash into developers pockets. It's the old saying: it's easy to spend when it's not your money.

That has turned me off going to the games too, seems I'm not alone, the club has lost its way.
Oh cmon, its got nothing to do with the redevelopment. 3.20pm on a Sunday afternoon 11 degrees with a chill factor of well below that, predicted rain and the day before school goes back a huge factor............nice try

Remove this Banner Ad

Lowest attendance since 2004

Remove this Banner Ad

Back