Expansion Lowest finals crowd since WW1...

Remove this Banner Ad

Birdbrain doing it again.

Keep on being you

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I will so long as your club keeps on draining the purse of the paying public that make the AFL possible. Listen to the excuses in this thread, 'normally we get free tickets sent to every junior club, this time they wanted us to pay $25 for them!'.

And now people are wondering why memberships are not revenue positive? You don't really have to wonder too hard.

I will so long as your club keeps on draining the purse of the paying public that make the AFL possible. Listen to the excuses in this thread, 'normally we get free tickets sent to every junior club, this time they wanted us to pay $25 for them!'.

And now people are wondering why memberships are not revenue positive? You don't really have to wonder too hard.

2e62899f50ad4fb2a35fe62497fd24ca.gif

Agreed. The only thing 'giant' in Western Sydney is unemployment and teenage pregnancy. Should have been named the Rooty Hill Housos
you are thinking Adelaide for sure - fully funded by the taxpayer

third biggest economy in AUS - Western Sydney. spotless is close to the centre of gravity for the greater Sydney population so it isn't isolated.

last week the NRL final in Sydney - next to the SCG - drew 10000

it isn't a football going place

No, it's not.

I'm referring to the GWS club financial report.

Membership revenue was significantly LOWER than membership expenses.

Revenue
Membership & Merchandise 1,258,993

Expenses.
Membership 2,038,543
Merch (cost of sales) 122,157

Membership & Merch COST the club ~$900K in 2016. Thus my point that GWS 'members' are a drain on their club.

I know what you're referring to....but it doesn't show what you're claiming. Most of those membership expenses are almost certainly going to be advertising and promotion (membership tents and the like). You're trying to tell me that a member signs up and GWS lose money because of it, which unless they're paying their membership processing people insane dollars isn't the case. The bulk of those expenses are going to be incurred regardless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's my opinion on this,

Western NSW is a harsh, scarred, and desolate, and the iron soils are rusted Orange. On the banks of intermittent creeks stand the few White gum trees as a Testament to the parched landscape; this barren place can Crush the strongest of spirits. Legend tells us that across all of western NSW giant people once roamed, the Jogungs or the Goolagahs, 3.3 metre tall Giants who cooked flesh in the Charcoal from volcanic lava and had powerful Thundering growls. These mythological creatures can be thought of as a symbol of the land, merciless, strong and Giant.

Then in the late sixties, on the Macquarie River near Bathurst, a 16.6kg stone club was found, this was not new, as early European settlers sinking mineshafts along creek beds in Western NSW reported finding Enormous club-shaped rocks, some up to 40 kilograms in weight. More surprisingly, as far east as Blacktown, Large footprints were uncovered of a Pleistocene giant walking through the charcoal ash from a volcanic explosion. The Giants were real. The harsh land, testing of a person’s mettle, had created Giant people.

We are the Giants.
Haha fair enough! I'll admit the AFL don't get it wrong and in 30 years they'll be quite successful crowd wise.

The perception that GWS is in the west of Sydney says it all, it isn't. Someone living in Penrith has as much in common with Concord than Geelong has with Melbourne.

Was wondering when this one would come around again.

Its a garbage comment.

Why? It's the truth. I grew up in Sydney, worked all over its expanses. Tell me how Blacktown and a suburb east of Parramatta, the geographical centre of Sydney, have anything in common? To make a statement like yours is a garbage comment.

Why? It's the truth. I grew up in Sydney, worked all over its expanses. Tell me how Blacktown and a suburb east of Parramatta, the geographical centre of Sydney, have anything in common? To make a statement like yours is a garbage comment.

Thats nice. It clearly hasnt helped you in anyway.

Where exactly in the west and how would we of paid for this stadium?

Also the Wanderers the so called king of Western Sydney club sides are based 10 mins from us..

The fact all melbourne clubs are based in a 2 stadiums 5 mins from each other doesnt seem to be brought up.

Freo isnt based in Freo and neither is Port.

At least we are in the right area.

Our womans and academy are based at Blacktown as well.

Thats nice. It clearly hasnt helped you in anyway.

Where exactly in the west and how would we of paid for this stadium?

Also the Wanderers the so called king of Western Sydney club sides are based 10 mins from us..

The fact all melbourne clubs are based in a 2 stadiums 5 mins from each other doesnt seem to be brought up.

Freo isnt based in Freo and neither is Port.

At least we are in the right area.

Our womans and academy are based at Blacktown as well.

Ok mate, all good. No point having a rational discussion with someone who doesn't want to engage. From now on I'll refer to your team as the Greater Inner Western Sydney Giants.

Remove this Banner Ad

Expansion Lowest finals crowd since WW1...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back